Samurai II Vengange, works well on Vega... eventually

Guest SilentMobius

Guest mattlokes
As I couldn't wait for a reply, I just started experimenting until it worked :)

Firstly, unmount doesn't work because it should be 'umount'. Also, it would always fail for me so I stopped the shell first. This is what I did if anyone is interested:

WARNING: I don't really know what I'm doing so use at your own risk!

- Start a Command Prompt and go to the directory where ADB is stored (e.g. C:\android-sdk\tools)

- Type the following commands one by one:

adb shell

su

stop

umount /cache

busybox mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs /

rmdir /cache

mkdir /data/cache

ln -s /data/cache /cache

start

Wait a few seconds then press the power button and unlock your Vega, go to the market and download this great game!

I take it if the game receives an update we will have to this again? Is there a way to make this change permanent?

all i get when i follow these instructions are umount /cache then it returns failed. :S any ideas :huh: ??

Matt

Guest Sir Gash
all i get when i follow these instructions are umount /cache then it returns failed. :S any ideas :huh: ??

Matt

It is umount as in U-MOUNT and not UN-MOUNT, that's what threw me the first time I tried!

Guest mattlokes

Matt

:) As i said, when i type UMOUNT /cache it returns failed :P i had a go with unmount for a while and it kept saying didn't know what i was talking about then i saw your post about umount and tried that and all i get is just failed :S

Guest mattlokes

Ok well for those interested, I couldn't get the umount adb command to work with the temporary fix so I worked out a way to resize the cache partition permanently to 50Mb which will keep me future proof until

Google increase the App size again. All i did was make a clockwork backup of my system then using the advent installer, I then used a hack I had done before which i wrote a guide on at :

Guide to Hacking Advent Stock ROM Installer

then by replacing all the images in the stock installer with the clockwork backup, then fiddling with the flash.cfg file to resize the CAC partition to have size=55554432 rather than the previous size=33554432.

Then ran lvds.bat and it restored my system to normal with a bigger cache partition. Did lose out on my data partition of course but i have a 16gb microsd so app space is not really a problem :huh:

Now Playing Samurai II : Vengeance :)

Matt

Guest warriorscot

There are sites where you can download apk files, we aren't allowed to link to them. But you could buy it on the market and then go get the file from a place like that and it would technically be perfectly legal since you have paid for it. Back in the day when you didn't have the markets that was the only way to find some apps I remember being a ppcwarez lurker when I was still on PalmOS a long time ago.

Guest stevesilk51
There are sites where you can download apk files, we aren't allowed to link to them. But you could buy it on the market and then go get the file from a place like that and it would technically be perfectly legal since you have paid for it. Back in the day when you didn't have the markets that was the only way to find some apps I remember being a ppcwarez lurker when I was still on PalmOS a long time ago.

Totally agree with you and Simonta. I paid for Samurai 2 first on the Market, then downloaded APK, installed and all working fine.

Would resort to this method again if necessary i.e. pay for app, download APK if normal install not working.

Edited by stevesilk51

Ok well for those interested, I couldn't get the umount adb command to work with the temporary fix so I worked out a way to resize the cache partition permanently to 50Mb which will keep me future proof until

Google increase the App size again. All i did was make a clockwork backup of my system then using the advent installer, I then used a hack I had done before which i wrote a guide on at :

Guide to Hacking Advent Stock ROM Installer

then by replacing all the images in the stock installer with the clockwork backup, then fiddling with the flash.cfg file to resize the CAC partition to have size=55554432 rather than the previous size=33554432.

Then ran lvds.bat and it restored my system to normal with a bigger cache partition. Did lose out on my data partition of course but i have a 16gb microsd so app space is not really a problem :huh:

Now Playing Samurai II : Vengeance :)

Matt

Mucking around with the NAND really is dangorous ... if your numbers are not correct of if there is any overlap of the memory regions you could quite easily birck a device!

Guest mattlokes
Mucking around with the NAND really is dangorous ... if your numbers are not correct of if there is any overlap of the memory regions you could quite easily birck a device!

Back to the games, is it me or are controls dodgy and not always registering?

I played it on Ipad, but on this pad it seems like i'm just randomlhy hitting buttons :)

Guest Lennyuk
Back to the games, is it me or are controls dodgy and not always registering?

I played it on Ipad, but on this pad it seems like i'm just randomlhy hitting buttons :huh:

occasionally my direction stops working, but I just lift my thumb and place it back again.

damn game didn't save though so back to level 1 :) and I now seem to keep dying in one hit! :P

Guest HunteronX
occasionally my direction stops working, but I just lift my thumb and place it back again.

damn game didn't save though so back to level 1 :huh: and I now seem to keep dying in one hit! :)

Oh dear...

Try rolling around as much as possible - anything else I say could spoil it for you.

Guest strontiumboy

Newbie here

I also bought SV II and wasn't too interested in the rigmarole to get it working, I took the crazy step

of emailing the developer, received an email 3 mins later, explained the problem and they are putting it on an FTP site for me,

also, they are looking at ways to fix the problem.

Thank you Marek, top guy

Now to play.....

Regards

Patrick

Guest SilentMobius
Can someone tell me where I can get the apk I've paid for it in the market and tried the adb fix but didn't work. I asked Paul for help but no reply this is gay might sell my Vega....

Firstly, using "gay" as a pejorative is not the way to get people to help you. Secondly, no one here cares if you sell your Vega. Thirdly if you want help "didn't work" isn't enough information have a look at the earlier comments showing how to produce some more debug info.

</rant>

Guest Lennyuk
Would it work by down loading and installing from somewhere like app brain or is that just the same problem?

app brain just links you to the market.

Either google for the apk, or do what has been done above and email the developer and explain the problem so they can give you a copy of the apk.

app brain just links you to the market.

Either google for the apk, or do what has been done above and email the developer and explain the problem so they can give you a copy of the apk.

Thx

Guest David.m
Firstly, using "gay" as a pejorative is not the way to get people to help you. Secondly, no one here cares if you sell your Vega. Thirdly if you want help "didn't work" isn't enough information have a look at the earlier comments showing how to produce some more debug info.

</rant>

Wotever........

Guest shaddy666

Hi all I have tried all the sugestions in this thread but I still cannot get the game to install.I payed for the game then got the apk from elsewere then I copied the apk onto the sd card then every time I try to install it,it fails.

Can you please let me know what roms you are running that have got the game to install,has I may try flashing a different rom than what I am using at the moment.

Many thanks for your help

Martin

Guest kevlar0404

If you have a fast SD card and have ROOT access, you can move the cache to the SD card.

I change the flash.cfg to make a cache partition of 10 MB on the Avent, so I have more room for apps and move the cache to my 16GB class 8 SD card. The only downside of moving the cache that I found is that I cannot switch my SD card without losing my cache.

For moving the cache I use Move Cache for Root Users.

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...tility-qDm.aspx

Guest Vansphone
Can someone tell me where I can get the apk I've paid for it in the market and tried the adb fix but didn't work. I asked Paul for help but no reply this is gay might sell my Vega....

I don't live far from Reading, I will buy your Vega.

Guest MADFINGER Games

Hello everybody

Thank you very much for this thread. Please excuse us for this problem, we didnt know about Vega tablet when we released Samurai. We are using your solution as main advice for people with Vega tablet (and working on update).

Hope you are enjoing our game, we developed Samurai with passion and love :(

Best Regards

Marek R.

MADFINGER Games

www.madfingergames.com

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Hello everybody

Thank you very much for this thread. Please excuse us for this problem, we didnt know about Vega tablet when we released Samurai. We are using your solution as main advice for people with Vega tablet (and working on update).

Hope you are enjoing our game, we developed Samurai with passion and love :(

Best Regards

Marek R.

MADFINGER Games

www.madfingergames.com

Hi marek and welcome to the forums & thanks for taking the time to come and post here. :(

Glad to hear that you are working on a solution for our beloved Vega Tablet.

I'll certainly be looking to purchase this game once the install issues are resolved. :)

Guest David.m
I don't live far from Reading, I will buy your Vega.

Thanks for the offer but now I've sorted it and managed an oc my Vega is extreme. Was just being tired and Moody. I own a galaxy s too and most things work on the Vega as well.

Edited by David.m