Acer Liquid E - Official Android 2.2 Froyo ROM - 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT

Guest toihooray

Guest cam1878

This may seem like a dumb question, but how do you install this version? I currently have Acer_Liquid_4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1 and it gives me an error when trying to install it using the setup.exe file to my phone since I don't have a Vodafone Liquid E

Thanks

Guest KingsizeX
This may seem like a dumb question, but how do you install this version? I currently have Acer_Liquid_4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1 and it gives me an error when trying to install it using the setup.exe file to my phone since I don't have a Vodafone Liquid E

Thanks

You have to use Acer Download tool! Ho, and if it is not a Liquid E you need the 256mb version posted here.

If using setup.exe you are trying to install LiquidE version on your Liquid A1 256MB and it's not possible.

Guest Winston Ma
Downloading to compare with 4.002.14.

Will certainly rebase LCR on it.

Thank you for dumping

Great. I just wonder... In the meantime, could I apply LCR 2.0 on top of 4.008.08?

Thanks community for better Liquid experience.

Guest fear_factory84
Great. I just wonder... In the meantime, could I apply LCR 2.0 on top of 4.008.08?

Thanks community for better Liquid experience.

It would be mostly useless as base system would be the one which lcr-f 2.0 is based 4.002.14....

Guest cam1878
You have to use Acer Download tool! Ho, and if it is not a Liquid E you need the 256mb version posted here.

If using setup.exe you are trying to install LiquidE version on your Liquid A1 256MB and it's not possible.

I tried to use the Acer Download tool but it will only show .bin files, how would I use it? I do have a Liquid E though so at least the file is right.

Guest HustlinDaily

All bin files are here- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...act-collection/

If you get a Caution: Incorrect Image or MD5 Fail, IGNORE IT and flash anyways.

Here are instructions on how to use the download tool- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-acer-liquid-e/

If anything goes wrong, refer to this- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-please-sticky/

Guest cam1878
All bin files are here- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...act-collection/

If you get a Caution: Incorrect Image or MD5 Fail, IGNORE IT and flash anyways.

Here are instructions on how to use the download tool- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-acer-liquid-e/

If anything goes wrong, refer to this- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-please-sticky/

Apparently I'm just blind, I didn't realize that the 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT bin file was at the bottom of the list otherwise I would have figured it out. Thanks for the help

Guest eumate

After some days of testing, I can say: finally a really good froyo rom.

Afer removing the acer/vodafone crap, it's really fast and smooth and (for now) have the lowest battery drain in standby.

After 35h (6 in flight mode) still have 53% of charge.

And baseband isn't bugged like the 4.002.14.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest android_liquid

I don't know why I couldn't flash this rom on my A1 even though I have wiped before flashing this rom with the download tool v 3.1 but it just kept telling me fastboot failed. Anyone knows how to fix it? Thanks!

Guest jayziac
I don't know why I couldn't flash this rom on my A1 even though I have wiped before flashing this rom with the download tool v 3.1 but it just kept telling me fastboot failed. Anyone knows how to fix it? Thanks!

Make sure you flash the one modified for the 256 MB A1 (post #27), the original post #1's link is for the Liquid E version. The poster should really edit it and add the A1 link too.

Guest komienski

wow. the acer tool you get from their own website when downloading this rom is telling me it wont upgrade from a liquid. But I have a liquid e. Not sure if I should do it with the old download tool, as it gives me a md5 fail.

Guest jayziac

Some previous ROMs are still flashable with acer tools 3.1 even though it says MD5 fail, but I remember the 4.08.08.VFIT one modified for A1 still had MD5 pass, as long as the filename hasn't changed from original.

• 3 months later...
Guest gioninardo

Hello, I have just flashed on liquid 256Mb (no Brand).

Does someone has problem with battery temperature during recharging?

thank you

Awesome ROM! Recommend it! - faster, stable... when remove stock apps goes perfect :)
Edited by gioninardo

Guest fpkekko

thank you

+1

Guest kendreg

thank you

Yes, but only if I use the phone during recharging. :)

Edited by kendreg

Guest gioninardo

You say right... If wireless is on the battery heats up too, over 44°!

Yes, but only if I use the phone during recharging. :)
Edited by gioninardo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jayziac
After some days of testing, I can say: finally a really good froyo rom.

Afer removing the acer/vodafone crap, it's really fast and smooth and (for now) have the lowest battery drain in standby.

After 35h (6 in flight mode) still have 53% of charge.

And baseband isn't bugged like the 4.002.14.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I'm trying to decide to use the baseband from 4.002.14 or 4.008.008, what exactly do you mean this baseband isn't bugged like 4.002.14?

Edited by jayziac