Anyone managed to enter Recovery Mode.....

Guest billpine

Guest billpine

On some of these new locked handsets. [EDIT] just tried, my GT-S5830 is one of those phones.... great... :huh:

Was chatting with a friend today talking about how much more busy Samsung Service Centre's are going to be when a 2.2/2.3 download goes bad for some reason......

Edited by billpine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MorpheusUK

I don't know the device however I found this, and be careful as it might delete all files on the device.

Power down device, remove battery, re-insert then power on and press volume down+Homel+power button (when you see the Samsung logo, stop holding it for half a second and then again hold it) and should now boot into recovery mode (hope this works)

Same as the Galaxy S process

Guest billpine
I don't know the device however I found this, and be careful as it might delete all files on the device.

Power down device, remove battery, re-insert then power on and press volume down+Homel+power button (when you see the Samsung logo, stop holding it for half a second and then again hold it) and should now boot into recovery mode (hope this works)

Same as the Galaxy S process

Thanks for the info Morp, tried it but all it does is go into a downloading state and not the usual recovery mode. Im sure someone over at xda will sus it before long...

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Step666
On some of these new locked handsets. [EDIT] just tried, my GT-S5830 is one of those phones.... great... :)

GT-S5830?

That's a Galaxy Ace, right?

I'm sure I got one of those into recovery. It was something simple like just holding down the home button whilst powering up.

I went through holding down so many random combinations of keys and nothing worked then at the end of it all, it was something I tried on the off-chance that worked...

Edited by Step666