Need help about flashing new rom and memory

Guest xarikiri

Guest xarikiri

Currently I am using official rom DZIA5 and thinking of flashing a new custom rom due to frequent low memory problem. I am using first generation of omnia (SGH-i900) Total memory shown is 91.87mb and free 5.96mb

Can i flash my omnia to ock's wm 6.5 rom?

Ock's premium rom shows

Free Storage: 90 MB

Free memory: 53 MB

What i want to know is my total memory is only 91.87 mb can i flash this rom?

Why Adhip's i900 has more storage memory than mine omnia? http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...8238-23569-rom/

His total storage shown 174.19 while mine only 91.87mb

I am a beginner to custom rom , please feel free to guide me.

Thank you =)

Guest Hermit Dave
Don't look at the memory figures. Just follow the flashing tutorial ( http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/ ) to avoid bricking the phone and go for it.

yeap i'd agree.. dont worry anything... follow the steps on how to install a new ROM and you should be fine... been there done that

ROMs come in a whole lot of flavours... Lite / Normal / Premium, OCK does the whole lot.

Adhip does Lite's only.

I myself make Titanium only (Lite / Normal)

Guest adhip
Currently I am using official rom DZIA5 and thinking of flashing a new custom rom due to frequent low memory problem. I am using first generation of omnia (SGH-i900) Total memory shown is 91.87mb and free 5.96mb

Can i flash my omnia to ock's wm 6.5 rom?

Ock's premium rom shows

Free Storage: 90 MB

Free memory: 53 MB

What i want to know is my total memory is only 91.87 mb can i flash this rom?

Why Adhip's i900 has more storage memory than mine omnia? http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...8238-23569-rom/

His total storage shown 174.19 while mine only 91.87mb

I am a beginner to custom rom , please feel free to guide me.

Thank you =)

As long as you have i900 you can flash it with any i900's custom ROM. It will replace your existing ROM so don't worry about how much total memory you have. If the new ROM takes less space in the phone than the old one then you get more memory. I once make the total storage > 199 mb by moving almost all apps - except the WM core - to internal disk, :( . I didn't share it because it rather slow....

How come there are Premium, Lite, Ultra Lite, Clean etc ROM? It depends on how many modules/apps are removed or added to the ROM. Some people like ROM which has everything in it, others (like me) prefer ROM with only necessary functions and the rest are in between. Normally chef will give details about what's in it & what's not so you can choose which serve you best.

Happy flashing :(