How to's = Road block and dead end! Semi Bricked G2. Please help.

Guest GnGnRG2s

Guest GnGnRG2s

How to’s = DEAD ENDS or Road Blocks for my G2. PLEASE HELP!!

Let me just start from the beginning...

1st off..what I WAS running / am running or currently have on G2 :

Clockworkmod V3.0.0.5 (Was running Cyanogen Mod 7 RC1 when the crash and problems started)

VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF

HBOOT-0.82.0000

MICROP-0425

RADIO-26.03.02.26_M

EMMC-boot

Sept 2 2010 17:59:38

Okay, a few weeks ago I used ADB to manually achieve S-OFF. Was not able to achieve S-OFF thru terminal emulator, kept having su-bin issues. After S-OFF I successfully downloaded CyanogenMod 7. Flashed the new rom just fine and was running well until I started doing some downloading on the Market of different CyanogenMod Live Wallpapers / widgets, etc. After a certain download, phone froze, I rebooted and at start up I was only able to get the white HTC screen.

This is when the research on the forums and the” how to’s” began…

Booted in recovery and error message is as follows :

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5

E: Can’t mount /cache/recovery/command

E: Can’t mount /cache/recovery/log

E: Can’t open /cache/recovery/log

E: Can’t mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E: Can’t open /cache/recovery/last_log

**YES I did back everything up after I achieved S-OFF, so not sure why having this issue.

Reading more forums and others who have had similar issues I then concluded it would be best to try and downgrade back to stock rom with no success. Issues / error messages are as followed :

Downloaded the stock_root.zip from forum and put on root of sd card, when I try and install zip from sd card in CWM phone is reading the following :

Finding update package…

Opening update package…

Installing update…

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockworkMod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (update-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted.

So then tried the PC10IMG.zip in CWM and am getting the following error messages :

--Installing /sdcard/PC10IMG.zip

Finding update package

E: Can’t open /sdcard/PC10IMG.zip (bad)

Installating aborted

Last try was applying the update.zip file from forum to root of sd card and when trying to install that in CWM I am getting the following :

Finding update package

Opening update package

Installing update package

File_getprop: failed to stat /system/build prop

E: Error in/sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)

Installation aborted.

EVERYTHING KEEPS FAILING!! LAST couple things…

When I restart in HBOOT …

HBOOT LOADING PC10IMG.zip

Parsing…[sD ZIP]

[1] BOOTLOADER

[2] RADIO_V2

[3] RADIO_CUST

[4] BOOT

[5] RECOVERY

[6] SYSTEM

[7] USERDATA

[8] SPLASH1

[9] TP

[10] TP

Do you want to start update now?

(Vol up = YES)

(Vol dwn = NO)

***After selecting YES, I get the following error message :

[1] BOOTLOADER –FAIL-PU

Partition update fail!

Update fail!

**** HELP HELP HELP please, someone..! I am about to just call insurance and order a new phone but that’s $130.00 I DO NOT HAVE!! I am still a bit new to this, this is my first g2 and a newbee to Android, love it, but please bear with me here! THANKs in Advance for reading and advice / help!

Guest El Nino9
How to’s = DEAD ENDS or Road Blocks for my G2. PLEASE HELP!!

Let me just start from the beginning...

1st off..what I WAS running / am running or currently have on G2 :

Clockworkmod V3.0.0.5 (Was running Cyanogen Mod 7 RC1 when the crash and problems started)

VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF

HBOOT-0.82.0000

MICROP-0425

RADIO-26.03.02.26_M

EMMC-boot

Sept 2 2010 17:59:38

Okay, a few weeks ago I used ADB to manually achieve S-OFF. Was not able to achieve S-OFF thru terminal emulator, kept having su-bin issues. After S-OFF I successfully downloaded CyanogenMod 7. Flashed the new rom just fine and was running well until I started doing some downloading on the Market of different CyanogenMod Live Wallpapers / widgets, etc. After a certain download, phone froze, I rebooted and at start up I was only able to get the white HTC screen.

This is when the research on the forums and the” how to’s” began…

Booted in recovery and error message is as follows :

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5

E: Can’t mount /cache/recovery/command

E: Can’t mount /cache/recovery/log

E: Can’t open /cache/recovery/log

E: Can’t mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E: Can’t open /cache/recovery/last_log

**YES I did back everything up after I achieved S-OFF, so not sure why having this issue.

Reading more forums and others who have had similar issues I then concluded it would be best to try and downgrade back to stock rom with no success. Issues / error messages are as followed :

Downloaded the stock_root.zip from forum and put on root of sd card, when I try and install zip from sd card in CWM phone is reading the following :

Finding update package…

Opening update package…

Installing update…

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockworkMod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (update-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted.

So then tried the PC10IMG.zip in CWM and am getting the following error messages :

--Installing /sdcard/PC10IMG.zip

Finding update package

E: Can’t open /sdcard/PC10IMG.zip (bad)

Installating aborted

Last try was applying the update.zip file from forum to root of sd card and when trying to install that in CWM I am getting the following :

Finding update package

Opening update package

Installing update package

File_getprop: failed to stat /system/build prop

E: Error in/sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)

Installation aborted.

EVERYTHING KEEPS FAILING!! LAST couple things…

When I restart in HBOOT …

HBOOT LOADING PC10IMG.zip

Parsing…[sD ZIP]

[1] BOOTLOADER

[2] RADIO_V2

[3] RADIO_CUST

[4] BOOT

[5] RECOVERY

[6] SYSTEM

[7] USERDATA

[8] SPLASH1

[9] TP

[10] TP

Do you want to start update now?

(Vol up = YES)

(Vol dwn = NO)

***After selecting YES, I get the following error message :

[1] BOOTLOADER –FAIL-PU

Partition update fail!

Update fail!

**** HELP HELP HELP please, someone..! I am about to just call insurance and order a new phone but that’s $130.00 I DO NOT HAVE!! I am still a bit new to this, this is my first g2 and a newbee to Android, love it, but please bear with me here! THANKs in Advance for reading and advice / help!

should have posted in the G2 forum.

firstly you haven't truely S-offed. you Radio S-Off as you do not have the engineering SPL.

if you read things properly they say NOT to flash the PC10IMG.zip through bootloader.

there are instructions on how to get back to stock on numerous threads. because i am kind i will direct them to you rather then say search :(

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=838484

that is the warning, i think you should read :(

now READ THIS GUIDE:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=842495

start from the thing that says: "*things you will need."

now im not being rude but you will need to know how adb and fastboot work. if not you really shouldnt be messing with your phone like that.

if you do great. if not i suggest you read up on that. they are easy to pick up on if you know how to use a PC really.

then i suggest to read the guide one more time and start following it.

try the s-off, i.e. try reflash clockworks mod. i however know it will fail to flash as you do not have an engineering SPL to fastboot into.

if it works wohoo try flash another rom/reflash CM7 latest nightly rom

if not follow the s-on method. you will get it working. im confident you will get it working using those methods as i have fixed 2 semi bricks given to me by friends using that guide.

how ever the root method used is pretty outdated on that. i suggest using the CM wiki to root

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...ile_G2:_Rooting

can be found there.

despite it saying not to install the engineering hboot i will still do. if you flash it properly/install it properly which is usually easy to do it should mean that in future if you phone does funny things it is dead easy to recovery it.

good luck and READ before you start doing. read the whole thread. its there for your info. if you have read the instructions a few times you may feel more confident in yourself carrying out the task instead of panic attacks happening when you are rushing through instructions