i910 "this device cannot start.(Code10)"

Guest kill your phone

Guest kill your phone

I have a Samsung Omnia i910 (Winmo 6.1). I have video on the 8GB 'my storage' that I need to get onto a pc. When connected by its USB cable, on both XP and 7, it does not show up as a drive. The computer makes the usual sound when a device is attached. The phone makes its usual USB connection sound. In device manager, it is a 'USB mass storage device' but with a yellow bang on it. On the general tab of the properties sheet, the error is this device cannot start.(Code10) I uninstalled it and added it back (hardware wiz or scan for hardware changes) but its status remains unchanged.

I cant see what its doing because the display is apparently shot. When it boots up, for a few seconds I see multicolored vertical lines then nothing. All the startup tones it usually make can still be heard. I can receive and answer calls w/o problems.

A hard reset will erase the files. I cant get the files to sync with Exchange or onto a storage card if I cant see what Im doing. I dont care about the display, I just want the files from the phone.

Any help would be appreciated!

Guest Hermit Dave
I have a Samsung Omnia i910 (Winmo 6.1). I have video on the 8GB 'my storage' that I need to get onto a pc. When connected by its USB cable, on both XP and 7, it does not show up as a drive. The computer makes the usual sound when a device is attached. The phone makes its usual USB connection sound. In device manager, it is a 'USB mass storage device' but with a yellow bang on it. On the general tab of the properties sheet, the error is this device cannot start.(Code10) I uninstalled it and added it back (hardware wiz or scan for hardware changes) but its status remains unchanged.

I cant see what its doing because the display is apparently shot. When it boots up, for a few seconds I see multicolored vertical lines then nothing. All the startup tones it usually make can still be heard. I can receive and answer calls w/o problems.

A hard reset will erase the files. I cant get the files to sync with Exchange or onto a storage card if I cant see what Im doing. I dont care about the display, I just want the files from the phone.

Any help would be appreciated!

have you tried installing active sync on xp box or mobile device manager on vista / windows 7 ?

Guest kill your phone
have you tried installing active sync on xp box or mobile device manager on vista / windows 7 ?

I cant use activesync if I cant see the display to answer activesync's silly questions.

Guest Hermit Dave
I cant use activesync if I cant see the display to answer activesync's silly questions.

no what i meant was install active sync on your pc and then try plugging in the phone.

Guest kill your phone
no what i meant was install active sync on your pc and then try plugging in the phone.

Thats what Im saying - on this phone, before activesync even connects to the phone, it requires input from the phone. I dont remember the exact language, but something about 'do you want to sync with this computer' and something about what to do about duplicate files.

Guest Hermit Dave
Thats what Im saying - on this phone, before activesync even connects to the phone, it requires input from the phone. I dont remember the exact language, but something about 'do you want to sync with this computer' and something about what to do about duplicate files.

can;t think of anything else (as you dont have basic connectivity.

would have suggested remote display but that would require copying files to windows folder and of course filesystem access is what you want..

sorry mate