Going fibblesan r6 to latest (r10b)

Guest paxromana

Guest paxromana

I have looked at the release thread, but the honest truth is, I don't understand a lot of what I'm reading :(.

I'm quite happy with the way my phone is working at the min on r6, not experiencing any bug issues worth bothering about. My question is, is there an overall speed benefit to upgrading to the latest (r10b) release from r6? That would be the only reason I'd bother with an upgrade right now.

Thx :(

Guest Frankish
I have looked at the release thread, but the honest truth is, I don't understand a lot of what I'm reading :(.

I'm quite happy with the way my phone is working at the min on r6, not experiencing any bug issues worth bothering about. My question is, is there an overall speed benefit to upgrading to the latest (r10b) release from r6? That would be the only reason I'd bother with an upgrade right now.

Thx :(

Probably not, it's mainly bug fixes etc.

Guest m_w_clarke
Probably not, it's mainly bug fixes etc.

Although it pains me, I have to slightly disagree with Frankish this time.

I'm currently on 9b and the speed and battery life inprovement from the previous versions is huge IMHO.

Flib did say he used a new optimised kernel for 9 I think. So this should account for some of the jump. It also has an clockable kernel, so you can get even more out of your phone. I currently underclock when the screen is off and overclock when it's on.

I'm avoiding 10 at the moment as I have no issues with 9b and 10 seems to cause more problems for a few people

Guest Super Ted
Although it pains me, I have to slightly disagree with Frankish this time.

I'm currently on 9b and the speed and battery life inprovement from the previous versions is huge IMHO.

Flib did say he used a new optimised kernel for 9 I think. So this should account for some of the jump. It also has an clockable kernel, so you can get even more out of your phone. I currently underclock when the screen is off and overclock when it's on.

I'm avoiding 10 at the moment as I have no issues with 9b and 10 seems to cause more problems for a few people

Oh. I'm on 8a, and theres issues with the wifi constantly disconnecting. Does 9b solve that? Any chance of pointing me in the direction of a hosted version of the ROM? Not rapidshare, its not letting me download from there.

Guest m_w_clarke
Oh. I'm on 8a, and theres issues with the wifi constantly disconnecting. Does 9b solve that? Any chance of pointing me in the direction of a hosted version of the ROM? Not rapidshare, its not letting me download from there.

Wifi doesnt"constantly" disconnect with me, Its disconnects when the screen goes off and reconnects automatically when the phone is switched on again (this usually takes around 15-20 seconds). As I understand it, this is normal Froyo behaviour. To have the wifi connected whilst the screen is on is very rare and means that actually the phone is not sleeping and so batery life will go down.

Are there no links for 9x on his forum post that dont use rapidshare?