vega wont starrt arghhh !!!!

Guest del44

Guest del44

Hi To you all on here

I have had my vega for about 2 weeks brought it off of e bay, the person i brought it off told me about this site, i am a complete cpt numpty but love the vega so bear with me.

Got home yesterday switched the vega on and nothing just a backlite screen !!!!

I tried looking through the forum but just cant get my head round what to do so any help on here will be much appreciated really dont want to go through the hassle of having to take it to PC world

Thanks in advance.

Guest del44
Hello have you tried flashing it with the standard advent rom,

http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/full_system_...nstructions.pdf

Hi

Ive done the first part with the usb drivers (i think) but having trouble with the second bit reflashing , really not sure as the vega has a blank screen i dont know what is going on i know that sounds really thick, i take it it has to be plugged into the mains and usb connected to my cpt.

Thanks

Edited by del44

Guest rferrett

Yeah you need to boot into NVFlash recovery mode.

What you do is long press the power button for 6 seconds to turn the Vega off. Then when off plug into the mains and by USB to oyur PC.

Next you need to follow the following process and get the timing right, hold back 2secs, hold back AND power 2secs, hold back 2secs. This will turn you vega on into recovery mode nothing will pop on the screen (though you might notice the back light on a little) and you should hear a beeb sound from your PC if it has osund capability.

Next you just run the exe file you get from Advent. Simplez!

Guest del44
Yeah you need to boot into NVFlash recovery mode.

What you do is long press the power button for 6 seconds to turn the Vega off. Then when off plug into the mains and by USB to oyur PC.

Next you need to follow the following process and get the timing right, hold back 2secs, hold back AND power 2secs, hold back 2secs. This will turn you vega on into recovery mode nothing will pop on the screen (though you might notice the back light on a little) and you should hear a beeb sound from your PC if it has osund capability.

Next you just run the exe file you get from Advent. Simplez!

Hi

Done the first bit it says NVIDIA USB boot recovery ready to use, do i go to myadvent vega and download full software update.

Thanks

Guest rferrett

Yeah. It is an executable file. You just need to run it when downloaded and the vega connected in NVFlash mode. It will bring you up a dialogue box saying the software isn't signed. It is ok to do it anyway and then viola!

Guest del44
Yeah. It is an executable file. You just need to run it when downloaded and the vega connected in NVFlash mode. It will bring you up a dialogue box saying the software isn't signed. It is ok to do it anyway and then viola!

Well thank you Very much I HAVE MY BABY BACK, sorry to be a pain how do i get the market back on it as it was on wheni brought it

Thanks.

Guest del44
Well thank you Very much I HAVE MY BABY BACK, sorry to be a pain how do i get the market back on it as it was on wheni brought it

Thanks.

I have now got my vega back working but no market i have downloaded the r8 rom but dot seem to get it on to my vega as stated before i am a complete cpt numpty please help, thanks

Guest rferrett

Did you have the MCR rom installed before? And have oyu already done the driver stuff as explained in the MCR threaded in the pinned bit?

If so then installing the MCR rom is very simple as explained in the first post of the pinned thread.

Guest del44
Did you have the MCR rom installed before? And have oyu already done the driver stuff as explained in the MCR threaded in the pinned bit?

If so then installing the MCR rom is very simple as explained in the first post of the pinned thread.

Hi

Yes there was one installed before think it was r4 it came on it but to be ohonest i aint got a clue what to do !!

ive got hte r8 downloaded onto my cpt but cant seems to getit on to my vega

Guest rferrett

Ok you need to follow the process outlined here.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...online-kitchen/

The hardest bit is getting the drivers sorted properly. But if oyu read through that thread really everything you need to know is there. The important bit is getting the custom drivers installed on your PC. Like I said almost every possible difficulty has already been encountered in the thread so worth reading through a bit if oyu get stuck.

Ralph

Guest del44
Ok you need to follow the process outlined here.

The hardest bit is getting the drivers sorted properly. But if oyu read through that thread really everything you need to know is there. The important bit is getting the custom drivers installed on your PC. Like I said almost every possible difficulty has already been encountered in the thread so worth reading through a bit if oyu get stuck.

Ralph

Hi Thanks for your patience but i cannot get my head round this ive got the r8 rom in my documents but cannot seem to get it on to my vega i have the usb android debugging bridge showing in my devises am i missing something

Thanks

Guest del44
So you have got the modified drivers installed properly?

Ive only one driver installed the debugging bridge one ? i managed to install the reflash from my adventvega to get it back working again but for the life of me cant install r8 ive read through the post downloaded it but thats when i get stuck

Guest rferrett

You have to have Pauls modified ADB drivers installed. It is all in that thread.

The drivers from advent *wont* allow you to install the custom ROMs

Guest del44
You have to have Pauls modified ADB drivers installed. It is all in that thread.

The drivers from advent *wont* allow you to install the custom ROMs

Hi which tread is it the r8 thread with the download or do i have to dowload something else first, this i total doing my head in ! i told you i was a cpt numpty

Hi which tread is it the r8 thread with the download or do i have to dowload something else first, this i total doing my head in ! i told you i was a cpt numpty

Open a command window and type 'adb devices'.

If it does not recognise adb as a program. Dowload and install the Android SDK.

If it runs adb but says no devices found then the adb bridge driver is not installed properly or the Vega is not being detected by your PC. Unplug it and plug it in again. Does windows detect it. If yes then remove the adb driver and start all over again.

I think it may be time to start a wiki for Advent Vega stuff. Newbies searching forum threads on how to do things is only good if you know what you are searching for.

Guest del44
Open a command window and type 'adb devices'.

If it does not recognise adb as a program. Dowload and install the Android SDK.

If it runs adb but says no devices found then the adb bridge driver is not installed properly or the Vega is not being detected by your PC. Unplug it and plug it in again. Does windows detect it. If yes then remove the adb driver and start all over again.

I think it may be time to start a wiki for Advent Vega stuff. Newbies searching forum threads on how to do things is only good if you know what you are searching for.

Hi It wont recongnise adb where do i download the Android SDK, me a total numpty

Guest rferrett

This is the thread. If anyone is struggling really you should read through it

If oyu can't get on with how this is written try this one:-

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...p-update-guide/

But short story you have to follow the process of getting Pauls modified ADB drivers onto your computer ***BEFORE*** you try to install the custom roms. If you have not done this you wont get anywhere.

So have a read of those threads and try installing the custom Drivers (which you download as part of oyur MCR rom).

Best place to ask questions about this is in one of those two threads. Really it is all about the custom drivers and pretty much any question oyu have about the process has been answered in those two threads Time and Time again.

Good luck.

Hi It wont recongnise adb where do i download the Android SDK, me a total numpty

Adb.exe is part of the android ask that you can get from Google. Just Google it.

Adb.exe is used in Paul's customs script adb-windows.bat to push the custom rom to your Vega.

So...to install the custom rom you need adb.exe, the Windows adb driver, the custom rom.