HELP!!! LG GT540 BRICKED AND WINDOWS GIVES ERROR WHILE CONNECTING IN DOWNLOAD MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest liamwilli2

Guest liamwilli2

HELP!!! The other day i put the cyanogenmod 6, android 2.2.1 rom onto my phone with clockwork recovery. I didn't like it (no radio, didn't recognise my sd card's second partiton!) I used the KDZ Updater program to reflash an old rom onto it, but it bootlooped when it rebooted. It did this because i didn't wipe the /data folder before flashing! I thought i would try again tomorrow (i can only use the pc at the library annoyingly), but now, when i connect my phone in download mode, a baloon thing pops up in the notification bar saying

A device connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it
and kdz updater gives me an error! I need to have a working phone :(. please can someone help me???????? Please!!!

I have tried using the back ports, but it doesn't work!!!!

liamwilli2

Edited by liamwilli2

Guest CoraxPDA
I used KDZ Updater program to reflash an old rom onto it, but it bootlooped.

You should be able to enter emergency mode.

Remove battery, hold volume down button and plug in USB cable.

Guest liamwilli2
You should be able to enter emergency mode.

Remove battery, hold volume down button and plug in USB cable.

Thanks, i will try this tonight (in school at the mo!!!!).

Hope it works, starting to get a bit worried!!!!

Guest liamwilli2

It didn't work!!!!!!! That just put it into download mode!!!! Then windows brought up that baloon again!!!!

It's a different pc and all, i am at the library :(

i need to fix it!!!!!!!!

Guest CoraxPDA

So your device is definitely not bricked.

Try to reinstall Optimus drivers, enter emergency mode and flash it with KDZ, don't forget to choose emergency mode in KDZ.

Guest liamwilli2
So your device is definitely not bricked.

Try to reinstall Optimus drivers, enter emergency mode and flash it with KDZ, don't forget to choose emergency mode in KDZ.

Fixed it! Don't know how i did it, but i did :(! I think it may have been because i looked at the device manager and told it to search for updates. But download mode worked, i reflashed a fastboot rom, and used it to wipe it. I then used recovery to put 2.2.1 back on it!

Edited by liamwilli2

• 8 months later...

Fixed it! Don't know how i did it, but i did :(! I think it may have been because i looked at the device manager and told it to search for updates. But download mode worked, i reflashed a fastboot rom, and used it to wipe it. I then used recovery to put 2.2.1 back on it!

Thanks a lot... i was so nervous that i was bricked my phone.. but luckily.... it flashed.. and revived!!! Thanks!!!! I am a newbie on Android.. I want to root my phone and install apps on my SD Card will someone help me... reach me on [email protected] or (0926)9584626.. by the way I'm Danico from Philippines.. Thaks a lot guys!!! God bless you all!!! :))