Firstly, thank you ever so much to Tom G, HCDR Jacob and the CyanogenMod team. I am in no way responsible for this ROM, I am merely an unofficial source gathering up the sometimes confusing bits and pieces.
Secondly the old Nightlies thread can be found HERE and may contain any information I've missed in this post. With that out of the way, let's start!
Hello, and welcome to the second Nightlies topic. Starting today, we'll be discussing RC2, and will move on to the following Nightlies when they come.
So, What have we today?
Please upgrade to Nightly 28, then we'll all have a level playing field. If something doesn't work, it can be traced to this version.
But what is a nightly, I hear you ask? A Nightly is a build that comes out every night (go figure) and includes all the fixes submitted to the project up until that point. Therefore, pretty much every new build is as current as possible. It also means no formal testing has taken place, so bits could be broken or unstable.
What's fixed here?
To see realtime changes, take a look at the Blade's CyanogenMod Github. Also, take a peek at the General CyanogenMod changelog to see what's new in the base, no-device-specific areas.
A website that shoes very visually all the changes going into the blade is THIS ONE HERE. It's so very helpful.
In Nightly 28 as of 21/03/2011:
- In terms of real real changes. The mini battery indicator now works in Honeybread theme. Probably not the most evenful of days
- New Kernel with SmartAss governor and additional lovelies
- Prox fixed for real. Ambient light also works well, too.
- Battery drain finally fixed? (Can it be, FOR REALZ?)
- Proximity Fixed
- Apps2sd works, as well as loading stuff like angry birds from sd, hoorah!
- Wifi reconnects after sleep
- Autobrightness levels are now changeable again, before now they would FC CM settings.
- CPU idle set on the Kernel. The beginning of better battery life.
- Repeat Ringtone for Incoming Calls
- Volume Fixes - controls work whilst asleep
- Headset fixes
- Éclair User agent in browser
- Autofocus on Camera
- Autobrightness Values have been fixed
- Overclockable Kernel has been added
- CyanogenMod CPU settings work.
What haven't we got/ What's still broken?
- GPS is a tad unreliable
- USB Tethering and WiFi tethering. Wifi can be fixed using the fix in the post below.
- Random Touchscreen Freezes link
- FM Radio may be out for a while link
How do I go about Installing this?
*The vital first step is download either Tom's or Seb404's ClockworkMod. Seb's is here, with instructions
*Next is to do a Nandroid backup within Clockwork. This will produce a full backup of your current ROM, so you can go back to it at will.
*Wipe data/ do a factory reset
*Install the ROM .zip file.
*Install Google Apps, which are HERE
*Restore and backup, install new apps
It should be noted, that restoring settings and system apps could lead to some bad stuff going down, so be wary!
As an aside, makes sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed, which, to be safe is 184.108.40.206. This can be downloaded from Seb's post, linked above, or through ROM manager. However. ROM manager will only install newer clockworks for our blades from within CM7, unfortunately.
A touch of housekeeping
Noobs, be careful. This post is here to be read. If you ask the same questions on every page, You will be reported.
And indeed, anyone who notices this behaviour: A). Point them in the right direction if they genuinely seems lost. B ). Click the report button or something and give a nice broad "READ THE FIRST POST" sort of sign. C). Do whatever's necessary to keep the thread clean. But friendly. Shouting for shouting's sake makes the thread messier and doesn't actually help the cause.
Anyway, as you all know, this post will be updated frequently by me. If a nightly pops up and I don't notice, drop me a PM
So please. Keep it friendly, keep it on topic. And keep looking at the first post!
Edited by Victor von Zeppelin, 21 March 2011 - 06:16 PM.