Is the Incredible S rooted yet?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HugoQueiriga
:(

P

Yep waiting for you, hopefully will get one from a friend at carphone warehouse, but also looking for LG Optimus 2x if you can get rid of all the crap and fix the software inside. :(

Guest Vido.Ardes

I've been doing a lot of poking about, but very unsuccessful so far :(

Tried the easy methods (your own VISIONary+, z4root and SuperOneClick), none of which appear to work

Guest timbo007up

Tried alot but nothing worked so far, Shell root trough psneuter was easy.

Currently stuck @ the NAND-lock. did a (quick) try with a gold-card, but doesn't worked then. Will try again soon when i have more time and more rested XD

But since im a total Android newbie (system wise) im a little stuck. Know my way in linux pretty good, but its not the same... :(

Hopefully some one like you Paul, is willing to help to take this little phone down and get all the rights we want. Pm me where i can get a little more support (like IRC or some ways to try) to get this done.

Will make a report of what i tried and what happend with every method soon, so we wont try the same thing all over again.

Greetings Timbo007up

Guest Vido.Ardes
Cool that psneuter works at least... I assume the kernel module method doesn't work then for S-OFF?

P

I looked into that method, but I couldn't find enough info about what to edit to happily start pushing files to my device, I didn't really wanna end up with a brick! If you can point me to where I can find some info on what I am editing and what it changes I will happily try it

Guest Vido.Ardes

This might be a stupid question, but is trying the gfree method described here worth giving a go, or is it a sure fire root to have a nice shiny brick?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timbo007up

Hi there,

Paul i heard that u also got an IS! willing to join the team?

Currently scotty (from xda) is doing a lot of work, so hopefully we will be trough soon, but every help is welcome.

So that was also the update about the rooting of the IS

Greets Timbo007up

Guest Albert Poon

Due to hardware problem, my Desire will be sent for repair and meanwhile, I joined the Incredible S and at the same time, joined the queue here~ XD

Guest Albert Poon
Hi there,

Paul i heard that u also got an IS! willing to join the team?

Currently scotty (from xda) is doing a lot of work, so hopefully we will be trough soon, but every help is welcome.

So that was also the update about the rooting of the IS

Greets Timbo007up

Tho I am not a programmer and possibly will never join the team, I am willing to help by reporting bugs~ Just 2 days using my IS, I found:

1. Voice Cancellation incorrectly activated when a normal headphone is plugged in. The other side cannot hear what I say as my voice is canceled when I am talking to the phone's mic during a call. I heard some other devices have the same problem, and can be fixed by disabling voice cancellation if the device is rooted.

2. The toast message of [Fit to screen] and [Fit to video] are somehow mixed up during video playback using stock video player. The function and the icons are correct, just the toast messages aren't.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranblv

That is the only reason I am not buying it.

I am never going to use an unrooted phone again, I need my firewall and other protection from all the crap on the internet.

• 4 weeks later...