Saved from a brick

Guest headholio

Guest headholio

So I just purchase my liquid e off a local classified website. When I got it, it was rooted and had kang's CM 7 installed. Well,the phone was to buggy, I couldn't even get it to connect to my wifi. So I decided to bring it back to factory. After trying to load an update.zip on the sd card method and failing (i forget the exact error I was getting for this), I decided to try the acer download tool method using a bin file. Well this method didn't work since it would fail during the middle of the process complaining about a lost connection and saying restoration needed. I was left with a phone that would not boot, not even to the fastboot or recovery screen...it just remained black and any combination of battery pulling, usb plugging or button pressing could not make anything appear on the screen. I was pretty peeved at the fact that I just purchased a decent android phone and had bricked it the same day, not to mention that I didn't have a backup phone to use at all.

However, pressing the camera button, the volume up button, and the power button would make the phone vibrate 3 or 4 times so all was not lost (even though the screen remained black). And, my computer would recognise the phone when I plugged in the usb cable. So I kept trying to use the download tool trying different bin files and different usb ports, but ended up with the same results. It wasn't until I tried the download tool method on a whole different computer that I achieved success.

Apparently the acer download tool is very picky and isn't fond of older computers. It only worked on my newer computer, which happened to be an acer revo 3610. So yeah, if you get stuck, try a different/newer computer. Anyhow, that was my ordeal, I hope this helps someone else.