Advent Vega

Guest Nick810

Guest Nick810

The vega is a complete waste of money. Cant do anything with it. Forum is okay if you understand technical jargon( i dont). complete waste of money ive owned it for 3 days and its now going on Ebay.

Guest Supercharged

And the added value of this topic is what? Obvious troll is obvious. I'm sure you could go into more detail than only 'can't do anything with it'. That's not even trying to be helpfull.

Guest redroadster
The vega is a complete waste of money. Cant do anything with it. Forum is okay if you understand technical jargon( i dont). complete waste of money ive owned it for 3 days and its now going on Ebay.

Mate, Did you follow the step by step guide i sent you..

Guest Nick810
Mate, Did you follow the step by step guide i sent you..

I read it and unfortunately to me its technical mumbo jumbo which means absolutely nothing at all. Guess i'll just get rid and stay a techno phobe :D

Guest Nick810
And the added value of this topic is what? Obvious troll is obvious. I'm sure you could go into more detail than only 'can't do anything with it'. That's not even trying to be helpfull.

Not a troll thank you very much. I dont see how the App world doesnt come pre loaded. You wouldnt buy a car without an engine would you.

Guest redroadster
I read it and unfortunately to me its technical mumbo jumbo which means absolutely nothing at all. Guess i'll just get rid and stay a techno phobe :D

I was just the same a few weeks ago - and thought my ipad was 100% better than the vega - but with help from a few members on here i am now loving my vega - def worth taking another look...

Guest Nick810
I was just the same a few weeks ago - and thought my ipad was 100% better than the vega - but with help from a few members on here i am now loving my vega - def worth taking another look...

Thats just the problem roadster. I ve read it and read it and just do not understand it one bit. Thanks for your help mate it's appreciated. I ve even asked a local shop to do it for me but they refused saying it's illegal.

Guest redroadster
Thats just the problem roadster. I ve read it and read it and just do not understand it one bit. Thanks for your help mate it's appreciated. I ve even asked a local shop to do it for me but they refused saying it's illegal.

I also followed thisl link: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-wrong-win7-64/

When i was stuck using my windows 7 comp

Guest Vansphone

The shop is wrong. It is not illegal. It will void the warrentee, but it is not illegal. It is like a garage saying you cannot change the CD player in your car because it is illegal.

Like you I am not technical but I found moding the Vega as simple as double clicking on a file.

Guest ezynow

Hi,

Just had this vega for a day or two. Managed to flash/mod etc, following a few helpful posts on these forums.

Generally,

1) do the button power combo - get into recovery mode

2) windows will try install drivers - either prompts or fails -> should see apx in device manager -> manually update driver by pointing to official advent vega official usb drivers

3) restart device - but this time in usb debugging mode (from vega apps settings)

4) hopefully windows will find android debugging bridge -> device manager / usb. Then just update with pauls adb driver in his download zip

5) Optional - install Clockwork Mod recovery thingy ( all these funky names) . Simple really cut and paste instructions from guide.

This is useful allows a much simpler way to update device - without restorting to power combo moves! Also, allows for actual whole backups. There is also a way to recover from these backups using the official flash tool from advent.

6) install pauls custom rom

Thats it really - as my first time with android devices. It is more the new terminology that is actually confusing rather than actual updating process.

Hope this helps as a basic summary that worked for me.

Guest scooby_d0o

For one its not illegal, and clearly the shop have no idea what they are taking about.

If im honest your right to sell, your obv not computeer savvy and as such your not going to get the best out of your vega. Im not trying to offend you,just making a statement. Maybe before saying its useless you should have tested it out in a shop, you would have realised the limitions (if un-flashed with custom rom) most of us buy the vega because its cheap and we know how good it can be if a flashed compared with say a galaxy tab.

To compare it with a car without an engine is a bad analogy, id agree ifno OS was installed, its more like a car without leatger seats as standard or elec wwindows.

Anyway have you thought of seeing if you live near any members, the whole flash process takes 2mins tops, im sure people would b happy to help,i would!!

Good luck anywway mate, hope ive not offended you, just think ur thread gives the wrong impression

Guest Nick810
For one its not illegal, and clearly the shop have no idea what they are taking about.

If im honest your right to sell, your obv not computeer savvy and as such your not going to get the best out of your vega. Im not trying to offend you,just making a statement. Maybe before saying its useless you should have tested it out in a shop, you would have realised the limitions (if un-flashed with custom rom) most of us buy the vega because its cheap and we know how good it can be if a flashed compared with say a galaxy tab.

To compare it with a car without an engine is a bad analogy, id agree ifno OS was installed, its more like a car without leatger seats as standard or elec wwindows.

Anyway have you thought of seeing if you live near any members, the whole flash process takes 2mins tops, im sure people would b happy to help,i would!!

Good luck anywway mate, hope ive not offended you, just think ur thread gives the wrong impression

Thank you for the reply im not offended you are spot on with my lack of computer skills Im in the Hull area of East Yorkshire.

Guest Singularitypoint
Thank you for the reply im not offended you are spot on with my lack of computer skills Im in the Hull area of East Yorkshire.

Hi mate. I live in Grimsby. The Vega is fairly easy to do without much computer knowledge. Once done it's amazing. Really.so much you can do with it.

Guest Nick810

Guest Nick810

Anybody got any Complete and utter idiot guide pictures from start to finish that i could use. I really havent got the first clue what to do with this damn thing.

Guest simonta
Did that yesterday and nothing happened

If you want, I can connect to your PC and do it for you. Check out my posts on the forum if you want to know if I'm trustworthy and www.mikogo.com for the software used to connect. You can see everything I do, will take me about 10 mins and is zero risk for your PC/Vega.

Mikogo is well known and is not hackerware or malware and it won't leave me with a permanent connection, any details of your PC or any files. It simply creates a remote connection. As I say, you can watch everything that happens.

Guest Nick810
Do you know what operating system you use on your computer?

Windows 7 iv just downloaded the file again and extracted it not sure what i do next

Guest Minimonkey
If you want, I can connect to your PC and do it for you. Check out my posts on the forum if you want to know if I'm trustworthy and www.mikogo.com for the software used to connect. You can see everything I do, will take me about 10 mins and is zero risk for your PC/Vega.

Mikogo is well known and is not hackerware or malware and it won't leave me with a permanent connection, any details of your PC or any files. It simply creates a remote connection. As I say, you can watch everything that happens.

Sounds like a plan! you can trust this guy to sort it out!

Guest Nick810

Hi Thank You that is very kind of You. When will be the best time for you as im going out at 8 tonight

Guest simonta
Windows 7 iv just downloaded the file again and extracted it not sure what i do next

OK, one step at a time..

1. Within the extract, there is a folder called usbdriver. Within there, is a file called r1-tegrausbdrivers-modaco.zip. Extract this as well, and remember how to get back to where it is!

2. Open device manager. Click on start, type in "device manager" (without the quotes) then select it in the search results.

3. Make sure your Vega is running normally. Whilst watching device manager, on the Vega go to Settings->Applications->Development and select USB debugging. Accept the warning.

4. A new device will appear in device manager. Have you found it?

Come back for more...

Guest Pombolo

i ve never installed any Modaco roms (or others), i dont think that s really necessary to use correctly this tablet, i dont say its not good :D just not necessary. The only 'must to do' thing is to install Android Market but it can be installed easily without any rom, also installing every new official firmware and that s all, so i dont think that any Modaco rom will change the "android life" of Nick810.

Guest simonta

Just for completeness/understanding/accuracy.

Advent got no choice in including the market or not. All of the Google apps are licensed proprietary software. For stuff like Google maps, you can download them from the market and accept the license terms via the terms and conditions of the market agreement you accepted.

The Market itself is different. It is not downloadable and is only licensed to Google partners and manufacturers. To date, Google have not licensed the market on any tablet not running Honeycomb. I can understand the decision. Froyo or earlier on a tablet is rubbish for most people (imagine having an Archos which cannot be hacked!). We're the fortunate ones having a Vega and this forum.

So the shop is technically right. It is illegal and as a business, I get their decision. That said, they could install the drivers and let the customer do the install themselves.