Sleep of DEATH!!!

Guest hiyas153

Guest hiyas153

Hi, I have a B7610 that goes into the sleep of death almost every time! Once it goes into the sleep mode by itself or is put to sleep with the lock button, it won't respond and the only way to wake up the device is to poke the soft-reset hole or take out the battery and put it back in. This first happened to me while I was using "Sumit Bhardwaj's WM 6.5.3 build 23145 JE2 Full+Extras" rom... i had to constantly take out the battery and put it back in, just to get that lucky time when it would respond to the wake up. Someone suggested to me that I try flashing to the different rom so I flashed it to "B7610 Sense 2.5.2016 ROM v1.2 Build 23668" full rom but it is happening again... anyone have a solution to this sleep of DEATH?!? :D

Guest Princeagarwal

wat i hav seen is that this s.o.d. problem happens when u flash the pda part wid 6.5 rom while leaving the eboot of 6.1 rom

so i would suggest u to either update ur eboot or to use a 6.1 rom

i hope that will help

Guest hiyas153

how can i update the eboot? Daskalos' rom only came with .nbo o.o

P.S. I am pretty new to flashing windows mobile... got the b7610 not too long ago so I am not really knowledgeable in the area... if you could plz help me with updating eboot also, it would be greatly appreciated :D

Guest Princeagarwal

since u r a newbie i wont suggest u to flash d eboot, cos if u mess up while flashing the eboot then the phne may get bricked

u shall rather go fr 6.1 rom , the one by jacobn is the best according to me

if u still want to update the eboot then flash a full stock 6.5 rom and then flash any custom rom

Guest sakisds

As Princeagarwal said, if you really want to go for 6.5 or 6.5.x, you need to flash eboot too. In other words, download the full stock JC2 and flash it. After that, you won't need to change eboot again to go back at 6.1.

But if something happens while flashing eBoot(like a power failure or in case your eboot download was corrupt) your phone will get bricked and unfixable.

Personally, my phone came with 6.5 so I never flashed eboot. Be really careful if you want to try that.

On a side note, could you please Princeagarwal use full words instead of cropped ones? (what instead of wat and you instead of u). No offense, I don't mind if your english are not great(neither are mine), but please try and use full words, makes your posts much more readable. Again, no offense.

• 1 month later...
Guest nambaby

I had the same problem with my Samsung B7610 WM 6.5 last week. I dont know exactly the reason but it tends to the problem with the Samsung SDK 2.1 . So i think you should try:

+ When it goes to death sleep, you press and hold the lock button, may be it wakes up and works.

or + Try to hard reset the device

or + Remove Samsung SDK

or + try any another ROM Without installing Samsung SDK (Now I am using Daskalos Sense Sense 21909 v2 without installing Samsung SDK and it works fine).

or + Remove current Samsung SDK and reinstall with the Samsung STD sdk 2.1 ( the sdk for windows mobile standard without touch screen).

Guest hiyas153

Thanks for all your answers everyone! :( for now, the phone is pretty stable, though when it goes into the sleep of death, it takes me few minutes to get it back to normal :) ... It seems like a lot of people are having trouble with it and i contacted samsung through their website but since it is not a phone that was released in US, they said that they can't do anything about it... btw I live in USA... I have a Samsung Phone and Samsung company can't do anything about their own product... I see an irony here :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hiyas153

Ok, thank you everyone for your help and advice... I finally decided to just downgrade my OS from 6.5 to 6.1 and I have not experienced the sleep of death ever since... maybe SoD only happens to those with 6.5? :unsure: I am currently using the official 6.1 Rom and I am loving it because of no SoD and so much free ram :)