CM7 Proximity Woes!

Guest goatee

Guest goatee

Ok, so I'm on CM7 Nightly 19, which should fix the proximity sensor problem, but it didn't. So, I did a full wipe and re-install, but it still doesn't work.

As far as I can see, there are two settings which affect this - "Force proximity" and "Touch UI". I've tried every possible combination of selecting or deselecting them (both on, both off, Prox on, and Touch UI on), and none work. It's driving me potty.

Can anyone help?

Guest gingerninja

Untick both then reboot, tick both and reboot again. Worked for me :D

Ps I think its called always use proximity.

Edited by gingerninja

Guest kallt_kaffe

I haven't tried CM7 even once yet (not enough time, busy with other things) but I downloaded the N19 zip and noticed that there is no proximity.init binary in /system/bin. All official ZTE builds have this and also a service that runs it at boot. Might be a clue.

Guest goatee

Thanks KK - general reports are that N18+ has fixed the issues - I never had a problem on JJ9 :D. Let's hope it really is sorted.

I haven't tried CM7 even once yet (not enough time, busy with other things) but I downloaded the N19 zip and noticed that there is no proximity.init binary in /system/bin. All official ZTE builds have this and also a service that runs it at boot. Might be a clue.

Guest goatee

Seems to work :D. It wasn't even working on short phone calls before, and now seems fine. Let's just hope it will also work on a longer call. Thanks! :(

Untick both then reboot, tick both and reboot again. Worked for me :(

Ps I think its called always use proximity.

Guest daniel2k10

does not work for me.. the only thing that worked so far was tommys custom kernel in nightly 17.. now in nightly 19 it's pretty much the same as before :D.

I did wipe date, cache, dalvik and format system and it didn't help.

Guest mau34

it worked fine for me, with prox. ticked and touch ui UNTICKED... and more importantly make sure u reboot ur phone for it to take effect. (was a bit dodgy beforehand)