Debranding Orange Mozart 7 with NoDo update

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest Hermit Dave

Hello All,

Since i got my Mozart, i have been wondering about the debranding process.

There are lots of options out there... some using Gold Card and some using Y cable.. etc etc.

I did come across another option which is rolling back the ROM to begin with and then flashing it with latest one. Here's a step by step guide on how to do that

Make sure Zune is not running

1) Download Mozart_Orange_UK_1.22.061.10_Radio_5.50.09.18_22.24.50.09U by Ansar

2) Extract it using WinRar into a folder (i usually leave default as is).

3) Enter Mozart into Bootloader mode( Shutdown by holding the power button. Now while keeping lower volume key pressed, switch the phone one. The phone enter into bootloader and the screen displays distinct bands

4) Plug you phone using box standard Micro USB cable and wait for any driver installation to finish.

5) Execute ROMUpdateUtility.exe from the extract ROM (1.22) directory.

6) Once this process finishes, the phone will restart. You can switch it off without going through configuration at this point and switch off Zune if it has detected phone.

7) Download Mozart_HTC_Europe_1.30.401.01_5.54.09.21_22.33b.50 by Football

8) Extract in a separate directory (I leave it to default)

9) Copy Paste the original ROM 1.22 folder and rename it to Mozart Rebrand

10) Copy RUU_signed.nbh from the HTC Mozart 1.30 directory to Mozart Rebrand directory (overwriting existing file)

11) Enter the phone in bootload mode and connect to PC. Wait while it finishes connecting

12) Execute ROMUpdateUtility.exe from the Mozart Rebrand directory.

You phone is now debranded. Total duration 10 mins not considering download times for the two ROMs

The OS Version at this point is 7.0.7389.0

23rd March 2011: Update

After setting it up and checking for update today i noticed that it did backup and update my phone to OS:7.0.7390.0. Since i did this through Zune, all my email settings, facebook, twitter etc were saved and restored.

Acknowledgements:

Ansar @ XDA

Football @ XDA

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest Vozmezdie

Have done as above. Looks like i have now debranded phone. but Flashlight HTC app is not working. Error sais "your phone is not supported by this application."

Edited by Vozmezdie

Guest Hermit Dave
Have done as above. Looks like i have now debranded phone. but Flashlight HTC app is not working. Error sais "your phone is not supported by this application."

glad you got it sorted.

Flashlight app was meant for phones with LED Flash.

HTC Mozart has Xenon flash like in standalone cameras.

Flashlight was never designed to work with Mozart and based on my search on the net that is true.

So let me ask you one Q. did it work before the debranding ?

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest Hermit Dave

the leaked update which i used for debranding upgrades OS to The OS Version at this point is 7.0.7389.0.

Since this is done outside zune, once upgrade it is like a brand new phone with no settings.

Today morning i checked Zune for updates and got an update through, the office release.

this upgraded the phone using Zune to 7.0.7390.0.

As the last upgrade was done through zune, it kept all the settings which were reverted post upgrade.. ie nothing lost as far as i could see

Guest WallCrusher
nope just standard micro usb cable

Thanks, also are contacts you have added to the phone stored online?

I am not bothered about installing apps again but can't afford to lose all of my new contacts.

EDIT

Got bored and did it anyway, update went smoothly had no problems thanks for the guide =D

Edited by WallCrusher

Guest Hermit Dave
Thanks, also are contacts you have added to the phone stored online?

I am not bothered about installing apps again but can't afford to lose all of my new contacts.

EDIT

Got bored and did it anyway, update went smoothly had no problems thanks for the guide =D

glad it all went smoothly. when i moved to Mozart i had to move my phone / outlook contacts to hotmail.

But the good thing about it is that when you add your windows live id, it pulls all the contacts, calender etc

Same as myphone on wm6.5 really

• 1 year later...
Guest alexbauno1

Hi, I have just de-branded my HTC Mozart, and have updated software, but how come I still cant get internet sharing?

This is wht its running:

Software: Windows phone 7.5

OS version: 7.10.7720.68

Firmware revision number: 2250.21.40600.401

Plz help!!!