Since i got my Mozart, i have been wondering about the debranding process.
There are lots of options out there... some using Gold Card and some using Y cable.. etc etc.
I did come across another option which is rolling back the ROM to begin with and then flashing it with latest one. Here's a step by step guide on how to do that
Make sure Zune is not running
1) Download Mozart_Orange_UK_1.22.061.10_Radio_5.50.09.18_22.24.50.09U by Ansar
2) Extract it using WinRar into a folder (i usually leave default as is).
3) Enter Mozart into Bootloader mode( Shutdown by holding the power button. Now while keeping lower volume key pressed, switch the phone one. The phone enter into bootloader and the screen displays distinct bands
4) Plug you phone using box standard Micro USB cable and wait for any driver installation to finish.
5) Execute ROMUpdateUtility.exe from the extract ROM (1.22) directory.
6) Once this process finishes, the phone will restart. You can switch it off without going through configuration at this point and switch off Zune if it has detected phone.
7) Download Mozart_HTC_Europe_1.30.401.01_5.54.09.21_22.33b.50 by Football
8) Extract in a separate directory (I leave it to default)
9) Copy Paste the original ROM 1.22 folder and rename it to Mozart Rebrand
10) Copy RUU_signed.nbh from the HTC Mozart 1.30 directory to Mozart Rebrand directory (overwriting existing file)
11) Enter the phone in bootload mode and connect to PC. Wait while it finishes connecting
12) Execute ROMUpdateUtility.exe from the Mozart Rebrand directory.
You phone is now debranded. Total duration 10 mins not considering download times for the two ROMs
The OS Version at this point is 7.0.7389.0
23rd March 2011: Update
After setting it up and checking for update today i noticed that it did backup and update my phone to OS:7.0.7390.0. Since i did this through Zune, all my email settings, facebook, twitter etc were saved and restored.
Ansar @ XDA
Football @ XDA
Edited by Hermit Dave, 23 March 2011 - 09:18 AM.