GPS

Guest pjoates

Guest pjoates

Since installing this ROM my SF cannot latch onto satellites. This happens in both the 'Navigation' App and with the Viewranger OS maps. The GPS symbol comes on and flashes but neither can determine my location. Is it an issue with this ROM or have I missed something? Advice would be much appreciated as I use the maps a lot.

Paul Oates

Guest Martin Watson

Hi Paul,

I'm using Locus maps (free) and getting a GPS lock in about 20 seconds. Pretty much on a par with the Garmin in the car. Stays locked as well. Definitely wipe if moving from a different ROM.

Martin.

Guest ronc2000

Was any of the goolge map apps running.

I sometimes find that GPS position cannot be lcoked for a few minutes after starting the navigation app while other times it is almost instant in almost identical conditions.

I found that if I closed all the google app by turning off the phone and on again, then run the nivigation app without doing anything else, position lock would be acquired in a few seconds.

I concluded that some running google map apps was preventing other GPS app in acquiring GPS positions. I have yet to find the culprit or how to prevent it. So to be sure I just restart the phone bfeore running GPS navigation app. This works every time.

(sometimes kill tasks may also do the trick, somtimes not)

If you are running google map and unable to acquire lock, I might still investigate along the same line.

Edited by ronc2000

Guest pjoates
did you wipe factory settings, cache and dalvik just to be sure of a clean install

I tried just wiping the cache partition and GPS now works! Perhaps I did not wipe this but only the previous line in Clockwork, ie wipe data. Sorry I do not know what dalvik means.

Now if only I could get 2g/3g working (my apns are fine) I think all the glitches caused by flashing will have been dealt with. If this is a defect of FLB 10b I will have to face flashing another ROM.

Thanks to all who replied to my post.