I do not take any credit for any software/methods. I am only writing this for helping the newbies. The credit goes to authors/developers of the original programs used.
I assume that newbies reading this will know how to install and run software/programs on Android.
THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
1) Download UniversalAndroot 1.6.1 from : http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=747598
2) Download Recovery Manager & ClockworkMod from : http://android.modac...-for-zte-racer/
(Don't forget to Thank Sebastian404 for the programs)
3) Place all of the files on your sd card
4) Install and run Universal Androot. Click on root
5) Without rebooting your device, install and run Recovery Manager
6) Use recovery manager to flash Clockworkmod recovery
7) Place any rom you want to flash on the SD card and reboot to recovery (You can do this by switching off your phone and pressing vol - and power button together untill you see clockworkmod screen)
8) Dont forget to Backup (Nandroid) your phone before flashing a new Rom ! (And dont forget to thank the author/developer of the custom rom)
Hope you find the above helpful.
Edited by temp_84_m, 20 March 2011 - 07:48 PM.