[APP] Ask Mr Pigfish

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

As discussed here there are now two kinds for ZTE Blades on the Market and ROMs for one cannot be used on the other and so on.

So far all Blades that have been sold with Android 2.1 uses the same memory base address while all known Blades sold with Android 2.2 uses a different one.

Phones sold with Android 2.1, from now on called Gen1 phones, loads it's kernel to 0x02a00000 while phones sold with Android 2.2, from now on called Gen2 phones loads it to 0x02600000.

If you are in doubt on what type you have you can use this app and it'll tell you.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.apedroid.pigfish

post-750537-1300708658_thumb.png

Screenshot from a phone sold with Android 2.1 (Gen1):

post-750537-1300708663_thumb.png

Frequently asked questions

Q: Does it matter?

A: Yes, flashing a ROM for one type on the other type will end up with a non-booting phone.

Q: Can I brick my phone if I flash the wrong version?

A: Propably not, flashing the correct ROM should bring it back to life.

Q: What if I do a TPT install, can I brick it then?

A: No one have tried asfaik, you either end up with a fully working Gen1 phone or an expensive paperweight. Either way there will be no way back unless we get our hands on a TPT install for Gen2 phones.

Q: WTF is a "pigfish"?

A: It's the evil cousin of the crocoduck.

Pigfish.rar

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
All Orange San Francisco sold are 2.1 so is it safe to assume all are Gen1 phones without needing to run the app?

Yes, so far we know of Swedish Comviq phones and also Bulgarian phones has started to sell with 2.2 but apart from that I believe all 2.2 phones so far has been sold on the Asian market (Japan, China and India).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JK-FINN
Yes, so far we know of Swedish Comviq phones and also Bulgarian phones has started to sell with 2.2 but apart from that I believe all 2.2 phones so far has been sold on the Asian market (Japan, China and India).

Saunalahti has started to sell white Blades in Finland with 2.2 pre-installed.

They have put (again) incorrect info on the specs page:

http://saunalahti.fi/puhelimet/puhelin.php...pe=handsetmodel

In reality the phones are sold with 2.2 pre-installed.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Could Mr PigFish make an oink and splash noise whenever his wisdom is called upon?

It would be a great enhancement.

A "SPLOINK!"? It does... it's just that the sound is using imaginary wavelengths so you'll have to imagine really hard and perhaps you can hear it.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Saunalahti has started to sell white Blades in Finland with 2.2 pre-installed.

They have put (again) incorrect info on the specs page:

http://saunalahti.fi/puhelimet/puhelin.php...pe=handsetmodel

In reality the phones are sold with 2.2 pre-installed.

So there are 3 European Gen2 phones then...

- Swedish Comviq 2.2

- Finnish Saunalahti 2.2

- Bulgarian Z3 2.2

My fortelling skills tell me we will soon see them popping up in more countries.

Guest rak007

I am sure in India too the Dell XCD35 is selling now with 2.2 as suggested by the advertisements in local newspapers and even on Dell India website.

Guest StevenHarperUK

Kallt, can you please attach a latest APK to the first post.

Some of our users do not have the market on their stock devices.

Thanks.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Kallt, can you please attach a latest APK to the first post.

Some of our users do not have the market on their stock devices.

Thanks.

Done!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kallt_kaffe

I'm amazed about the number of people who have rated this app, it must be the awesome graphics.

post-750537-1302294859_thumb.jpg

Edited by kallt_kaffe

• 1 month later...
Guest jojozep

Hi

Trying to download MR PIGFISH on my Orange San Francisco but getting message from Market -

This item cannot be installed in your devices country

How can I get Mr Pigfish installed on OSF ?

Thanks

Guest jojozep
Will it let you install Market Enabler? Or grab the rar from the first post.

1. I downloaded the PIGFISH.RAR from this post and installed it OK. Problem is that the AppMarket version would be latest version and RAR ???

2. What is Market Enabler - sounds interesting. Is this one you had in mind - https://market.android.com/details?id=lu.ar...e=search_result

Thanks

Guest wishmasterf
I'm amazed about the number of people who have rated this app, it must be the awesome graphics.

post-750537-1302294859_thumb.jpg

I love the graphics in this apps. they are really great. Nicest app ever. Not only reduced to the point what the apps should do. Great! ;-)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest anglo

Help anyone? I've just dug out my old OSF/Blade and I need to get MrPigfish to verify if my old Blade is Gen 1 or 2 but my Blade screen is frozen on bootup. (possibly a faulty digitizer screen) and the Market/Play Store won't let me download it as it states my Blade already has it installed, though I obviously can't access it.

At least I have access to CWM on the phone and I'm hoping I can transfer the apk across using the below method.

Is their a non Play Store download from anywhere else that I can then transfer to the phone by putting it on the SD card, to run the .apk from there using CWM? The .rar link up top in this thread is not valid anymore.

Thanks.

Edited by anglo

Guest anglo

Thanks for the zip youngsta but unfortunately it didn't work. I tried it 3 times.

I got the following via ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0 when I ran the file;

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Installation aborted.

I suppose I could open another Google account and download it to the phone again but then I still have the problem of not being able to open it when the phone has booted because of it's frozen screen.

I'm 90% sure that I changed to Gen 2 prior to putting on a new Rom about 9 months ago.

If I didn't though, do I run a risk of bricking it if I try to install a Gen 2 Rom on top of a Gen 1 phone?

Thanks for any info. :)

Edited by anglo

Guest youngsta2010

It's not a flashable zip it's just the apk zipped up (prolly should have mentioned!)

edit: I'm pretty sure you won't brick flashing a wrong ROM just flash back or use your nandroid backup.

Edited by youngsta2010

• 3 years later...
Guest Arturhash

Hello.

Let me try to wake this thread...

I just bought a Blade A512 wich is bought from vodafone here in PT. Is there a way to root it and remove the bloatware? i search and search and couldn't find any cfw for this phone, do you know if there's any?

Thank you for reply.