StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest superutp
have you installed the perfomance mod is this then maybe different ? I had this kind of issue by 1.7 or so not prety sure about it.

edit ... I need to check my apn settings seems that I have a problem to even dial my self thx for let me try this

nope, no perfmod...only volboost...may try it without volboost and then see...

Guest alexmoi
Hehe sounds like old microsoft problem microsoft is not microsoft compatible.... what apps do you like to install ? I have not done any factory reset was straight in new android 2.2.2 with all my progs

I would understand your point but 1. It was working before i did update. And one specific app is ar.pro. On pc internet version of android market it shows it as v1.11. The same as before i installed the streakdroid update. Now it shows it as v.1.01. A laggy older version

I went from 1.8.1 to 1.9.0 with a factory reset. Before updating i was using ar.pro 1.11 and now there is no way to dl updated version

Yet i can install the latest "lite" version

Could this be related to the fixes made to the android market?

Edited by alexmoi

Guest haynesteve

Installed over 1.8.1 and ran fine, but after a couple of hours the display started to slow down, and then started to randomly reboot. Now done a wipe and trying again with fingers crossed

So far so good, the Market app appears to have reverted to the old app, not the new green one - is this how it should be ?

Edited by haynesteve

Guest superutp
nope, no perfmod...only volboost...may try it without volboost and then see...

tried without any installation options...still have a second or two lag before which the screen lights up when getting a call...

does anyone have any solutions for this??? or do i have to do a factory reset..:D

Guest baastien

So far, only problem to report is with beautiful widget's 4 days widget. On widget, today's icon is displayed with standard icon. Then I tap the widget I enter the menu and here, today's icon (standard icon) is not displayed.

Does somebody have same report to do ?

In case my explanations are too confused, I will post screen-shots.

Cheers

Guest digthemlows

I came straight from 1.6.0 and it's very stable so far..............I'll test WiFi when I get home.............I stayed on 1.6.0 for a while cause it seemed to be stable with always connecting to my home wifi network.......... thanks again!!

Guest zrospeed
Installed over 1.8.1 and ran fine, but after a couple of hours the display started to slow down, and then started to randomly reboot. Now done a wipe and trying again with fingers crossed

So far so good, the Market app appears to have reverted to the old app, not the new green one - is this how it should be ?

me too, had one reboot just a minute ago. will see further.

anyways. about the market issue. i had that too. but since i updated all my other apps that needed updating. the market app turned to the new one.

oh if your wondering what i did to upgrade to 1.9.0...... from a stable smooth 1.8.1 i installed 1.9.0 over it. installation went well but i felt 1.9.0 wasnt as smooth as 1.8.1. i thought maybe because i didnt do a factory reset. so i turned my phone off and did a factory reset. seems fine now, but i just got the random reboot minutes ago

Edited by zrospeed

Guest xO Gideon Ox

Oooohhhh shiney. Only just bit the bullet a few days ago and did 1.8.1 from stock. Great work on that one will be flashing this one as soon as i kick the family off one of the pcs. Now to make the choices for my install.txt hmmmm decisions decisions

Guest mrmrmrmr

upgraded from 1.8.1 and no problems so far; except that I had to re-arrange my home screen widgets on launcher pro.

apart from that, the problem I had on 1.8.1 with home screen shortcuts exists in this build as well.

Steve,

any comments on that ?

also, I have a question about available modules:

would it be possible for you to supply a cifs module for this release ?

if it's not easy for you, can you share the kernel source so that we could compile ? (there are people who want this and I'd like to help if I can)

Guest Amdathlonuk
streakradio is broke at min, forgot to add a file :D

drop the attached file into /system/xbin and change its permissions to 755 and it'll fix streakradio

Sorry, but what permissions are 775?

Guest marvin02

Here is a chmod calculator (requires javascript)

775 is read for everybody, execute for everybody, and write for owner & group (rwxrwxr-x)

755 is read for everybody, execute for everybody, and write for owner (rwxr-xr-x) which is what Steve said the file should be.

Edited by marvin02

Guest xO Gideon Ox

Sorry got a bit of a nooby questsion....i've had no problems i've noticed with 1.8.1 but i was wondering about the baseband thing....how can i tell if i've got 1.5.1+?

Mine shows as GAUSB1A131921-EU (UK O2 version Streak)

Do i need to do anything?

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

Thanks for the great release Steve. I love the new pin lockscreen. Is there a way to change it to portrait so I can enter the pin with one hand?

Guest pjg_pigeon

Not a techie but its the same permissions as most other files in that folder. Using root explorer reading from left to right the tagged permissions are

X X X

X - X

X - X

hope this helps

EDITED sorry for wrong info earlier

Edited by pjg_pigeon

Guest alexmoi
Just finished installing the 1.9.0 and trying to reinstall my apps. But for some reason some of my apps are only downloading old versions of the apps i paid for and now when i go on the market from the pc it says it's not compatible with my phone!!

Ok just reverted to my original stock 2.2 and it has the right versions for my paid apps. Now if i go back to 1.9.0 will inform if the prob is there.

p.s. on every version i pass comments about the probs it has but never take the time to thanx. soooooooo.... lol Thanx alot to all the people making these amazing Os's available :D

Edited by alexmoi

Guest alexmoi

Ok i just reinstalled 1.9.0 and yet again my paid apps are not recent. Some of my apps are the most recent but not all of them. Seeing as everything was working good in 1.8.1 and i read there was changes made for the android market so i assume that is my problem.

Guest mrmrmrmr
upgraded from 1.8.1 and no problems so far; except that I had to re-arrange my home screen widgets on launcher pro.

apart from that, the problem I had on 1.8.1 with home screen shortcuts exists in this build as well.

problem solved after re-installing remote vnc and remote rdp.

Guest lukew
Anybody tested Bluetooth Headset Voice Dialing with it?

Bluetooth Voice dialing works great, but I did a factory reset after flashing 1.9.0, and before booting into 1.9.0.

Guest xO Gideon Ox

Ok now on 1.9.0 wooohooo

Everything seems to be working nicely so far...all apps still there (bought and freebies). Had to redo my widgets but thats no effort. Quadrant still floats around 1700 which is all good :D

Only thing i forgot was i did the normal volboost rather than the gameloft compatible one, i only have one gameloft game (asphalt 5) but it FCs half way through loading....can i alter the volboost manually without reflashing?