Photo

[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

* * * * * 72 votes

• Please log in to reply
14806 replies to this topic

Nick Rhodes

Nick Rhodes

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@NGRhodes

How about a list of known issues in post 2? Just the major bits and bobs.

Yes, with which version roms are affected in brackets, save people upgrading hoping for something fixed and finding things worse.

Cheers, Nick

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

Yes, with which version roms are affected in brackets, save people upgrading hoping for something fixed and finding things worse.

Cheers, Nick

+1 Good plan. Did I mention I am still having the music player issue in nightly 28? Probably flacs, I'll try mp3's tomorrow...

Otherwise, Incase I haven't said.. I LOVE CYANOGEN. :D

OH and if you fill up that 2nd post your welcome to use my 1st post for something, as I guess it may just be listed in the second one.

Sig.png

What Font Are You Using? (thats legible of course :P)

Victor von Zeppelin

Victor von Zeppelin

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

OH and if you fill up that 2nd post your welcome to use my 1st post for something, as I guess it may just be listed in the second one.

Thank you, but alsooo, a plan I have is too..ermm, use the website to do so :D

And i'll give out the password to people who want to help, so they can edit the page when i'm not around

Oddly enough, Victor is my middle name, my actual name is Dan.

skull_fcuk

skull_fcuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Playing with gadgets, trying to get fit. Lol.
  • Devices:TF300t, Galaxy SIII
  • Twitter:@BigFairbairn
Phew! I thought the last thread had died, and i wasn't going to get my usual stream of info on updates and issues. Good to see a new thread, and to see the evolution of it too. Victor, you're a credit to this forum indeed. Right, roll on the next Nightly :D

jayhix

jayhix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Devices:orange san fransisco/zte blade
I do hope they stop messing with the "boobies" wallpapers and get another nightly out tonight lol

Victor von Zeppelin

Victor von Zeppelin

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

I do hope they stop messing with the "boobies" wallpapers and get another nightly out tonight lol

I love opera, letting me post just a quote.

As I was saying. I totally agree with you, Boobies couldn't matter less right now. I never thought I'd say that. Moar Nightly!

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin, 24 March 2011 - 01:01 AM.

jijijoujou1

jijijoujou1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade on CM7
Damn , No N31 , the third night waiting for updates , i think i should sleep to get another update

JobSup

JobSup

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-1001 (German ZTE Blade)
Nice new look, good work with the first post. But to be honest, it would be OK for a web site but not as a forum thread. It requires a huge desktop to read and many clicks to find the right information in the 'tabs', almost impossible to read on any mobile.

I like the 1st post from the old thread more, all information on one page without any clicks.

Thanks anyway keeping all this together here!

frenchdroid

frenchdroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Nice new look, good work with the first post. But to be honest, it would be OK for a web site but not as a forum thread. It requires a huge desktop to read and many clicks to find the right information in the 'tabs', almost impossible to read on any mobile.

I like the 1st post from the old thread more, all information on one page without any clicks.

+1

Its a very nice idea and I understand the need to automate but even on a netbook, the main information is squeezed into two narrow columns. I would have thought the old style, all relevant info in one place with a link to the change viewer would be fine, or perhaps the change viewer below the other info so at least you get the full width of the screen for each section.

I'll shut up now ...... :D

asm19

asm19

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade & Huawei U8800
  • Twitter:@miguel_salmeida
The project for the blade stopped? Stopped at nightly 28 and other smartphones already going on n30.

Phone: ZTE - Blade (TPT v10 stock)
ROM: Self compiled CyanogenMod 9 (UNOFFICIAL 20120627)

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade (OLED)

The project for the blade stopped? Stopped at nightly 28 and other smartphones already going on n30.

a slight overreaction? theres been activity on the Blade github since the last build, even though it is crushing to have to go for 3 days without a new build...

gusthy

gusthy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Devices:Pulse

Formally speaking, this question is violation of Rule no. 1. of CM :D

asm19

asm19

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade & Huawei U8800
  • Twitter:@miguel_salmeida

Formally speaking, this question is violation of Rule no. 1. of CM :D

lol, I was just asking. No problem, they are doing a great job. :D

Phone: ZTE - Blade (TPT v10 stock)
ROM: Self compiled CyanogenMod 9 (UNOFFICIAL 20120627)

ppa123

ppa123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Phew! I thought the last thread had died, and i wasn't going to get my usual stream of info on updates and issues. Good to see a new thread, and to see the evolution of it too. Victor, you're a credit to this forum indeed. Right, roll on the next Nightly :D

+1

hc_1540

hc_1540

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:San Fran TFT
Bah!! Stoopid IT Security rules at work stop me from seeing the first post (Banned category 'Online Storage').

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief

Bah!! Stoopid IT Security rules at work stop me from seeing the first post (Banned category 'Online Storage').

I feel your pain...
Websense Enterprise?

EDIT - btw, this is what skyfire was invented for... lays the post out a bit more clearly than does Opera

Edited by The Soup Thief, 24 March 2011 - 09:47 AM.

jurrasstoil

jurrasstoil

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
Haven't done enough tests yet, but is it possible that the smartass governor gives some trouble when charging?

My blade runs at 672mhz and is stable. I've been using ondemand until 2 or 3 days ago and switched over to smartass.
Now, if i connect my phone to the charger and it goes to sleep (on AC it never fully does ofc) and i push one of the buttons (menu, back, home or power) to wake it or disconnect it from the AC (it would wake up then) the screen will stay black and the hardware buttons will light up. Now i'll have to press the power button for like 2-3s and it will boot as if it was turned off.
If i switch back to the ondemand governor the phone doesn't do this.

running n25+bl1nk's v6 kernel.

forney27

forney27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Haven't done enough tests yet, but is it possible that the smartass governor gives some trouble when charging?

My blade runs at 672mhz and is stable. I've been using ondemand until 2 or 3 days ago and switched over to smartass.
Now, if i connect my phone to the charger and it goes to sleep (on AC it never fully does ofc) and i push one of the buttons (menu, back, home or power) to wake it or disconnect it from the AC (it would wake up then) the screen will stay black and the hardware buttons will light up. Now i'll have to press the power button for like 2-3s and it will boot as if it was turned off.
If i switch back to the ondemand governor the phone doesn't do this.

running n25+bl1nk's v6 kernel.

I had quite a few problems with smartass, my phone would go to sleep too and the lights would stay on. The only thing I could do to revive mine was to remove the battery. But since moving to ondemand, I havent had any major problems except the ocassional lag (which I can live with)

Posted Image

Victor von Zeppelin

Victor von Zeppelin

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Not a "huge" desktop, I tested at 1280x800 (small when you're used to 1080p :( ) when I was designing it, and it worked ok there. Also, I won't bother with making it look good on mobile, Ill just put some direct links in. It looks so wrong anyway, I don't think I know how to fix it. Thing is...if you're on the phone, most likely you'd use ROM manager to get the rom, and if you need the ROM that much there and then, taking a quick peek over at the full site is much easier. But again, I shall include links. :D

+1

Its a very nice idea and I understand the need to automate but even on a netbook, the main information is squeezed into two narrow columns. I would have thought the old style, all relevant info in one place with a link to the change viewer would be fine, or perhaps the change viewer below the other info so at least you get the full width of the screen for each section.

I'll shut up now ...... :D

Aye, yes. Woops. I kinda didn't think about 1024x600 when making it. Gonna get me some javascript, and make it so the left panel can fill the whole space. The information in the right panel isn't quite as important, I feel. Especially if you've done it all before. So yes. I'll make a bug tracker doodad, and make it more accessible for smaller screens.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin, 24 March 2011 - 12:43 PM.

jayhix

jayhix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Devices:orange san fransisco/zte blade
I hate netbooks, haha.

anyways i have a question, anyone using swype with this new fan-dangled gingerbread ma-jiggy? because its got this new cursor to help you locate your finger between letters, which i must say is a nice addition, however its annoying because i cannot double tap a word anymore to get the list of suggested spellings in swype... is there a work-around for this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users