[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I don't think the gingerbread leak will be used in CM7. Even if the VMSPLIT problem is solved, there is still no source, which makes future improvements impossible.

Guest hugobosslives
I don't think the gingerbread leak will be used in CM7. Even if the VMSPLIT problem is solved, there is still no source, which makes future improvements impossible.

yet I thought this aswell but. I wonder why they're considering the vmsplit_2g?

Guest sej7278

but they could use binary blobs (like the proprietary files) for graphics acceleration and wifi drivers etc.

had a couple of gps reboots with n118, one after getting maps 5.6.2 (normal enough) and one more afterwards which i've never had before.

looks like tom_g is looking into our libaudio battery drain problem.

Guest timfimjim

This might be a simple question but tell me if something's wrong...

I unzipped RC1 on my computer, deleted the libaudio.so and pasted in the libaudio.so from n104

Then zipped it up and put it on my sd card's root.

Do i simply apply it as an update through rom manager or is there more that needs to be done (such as changing permissions)?

Thanks for your patience

Guest Geree
are you using the libaudio from n104 - as that will break fm radio support - fm.apk is there (as long as you aren't on n111) but i doubt it will work well.

thanks for the star - 19 now :)

it was the RC7.1

now i went back to Burstlam's leaked rom which is the best so far imo.

Guest targetbsp
This might be a simple question but tell me if something's wrong...

I unzipped RC1 on my computer, deleted the libaudio.so and pasted in the libaudio.so from n104

Then zipped it up and put it on my sd card's root.

Do i simply apply it as an update through rom manager or is there more that needs to be done (such as changing permissions)?

Thanks for your patience

You shouldn't unzip rc1. I've heard it goes pear-shaped if you do (I've never tried)

You should just open the zip and copy the new file in agreeing to replace the one that is there.

Guest timfimjim
Just flash it as you normally would :)

Thanks, worked fine. Now just got to wait and see if the battery life gets better!

Guest timfimjim
You shouldn't unzip rc1. I've heard it goes pear-shaped if you do (I've never tried)

You should just open the zip and copy the new file in agreeing to replace the one that is there.

Ah. too late.... but thanks for next time!

It seems to be working fine at the moment though. I can let you know if i start getting problems if you want?

Guest k0zmic
It would have been during the flash it would have gone wrong if it was going to do so, so you should be fine. :)

Indeed, or it might've bootlooped.

Guest marcodassi

My battery results:

Fully charged phone, flashed Nightly 114 + "corrected" libaudio.so, after 22h 25m (of light usage) --> battery is at 85% :)

For instruction about installing libaudio.so, see my post #5837

Guest ColdEmbrace

shouldnt unzip anything for the replacement of files, renders them unflashable they need to be resigned

shouldnt unzip anything for the replacement of files, renders them unflashable they need to be resigned

If the Rom is downloaded via blade,use astro to open the zip without unziping,or on windows7 use winrar.

At least thats how I do it.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Or you can just ignore signature verification in CWM.

I've been on the leaked ROM a while, and I miss Cm so i'm coming back :)

The only appeal of the leak to me was smoother scrolling....

I was wondering if we could implement smoother scrolling here somehow by changing some maths in an xml, or is it a kernel thing?

Guest k0zmic
I was wondering if we could implement smoother scrolling here somehow by changing some maths in an xml, or is it a kernel thing?

I think it's the EGL libs?

Guest sej7278
I think it's the EGL libs?

which i hope the vm_split_2g support is for :)

looks like someone has a fix for libaudio battery drain and keeps fm working too.

Edited by sej7278

Guest marcodassi
which i hope the vm_split_2g support is for :)

looks like someone has a fix for libaudio battery drain and keeps fm working too.

Yes! I'm using the libaudio.so from post #5800; battery drain is stopped and FM radio is still working (even with a minor bug, see the original post)

BTW: Thank you very much, Woody Guo! :rolleyes:

Edited by marcodassi

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hey loving cyanogenmod so far but got a few requests, of course these are pretty low in priority and I dont want them to be achieved straight away but would be cool to have on the list of things to improve the cyanogenmod experience, maybe someone could pass them on (I would do them myself but I havent had experience on how to do this and what I would need to do)

these are the requests

1. bring the software buttons to phones, it should be off by default but could be switched on in the tablet tweaks section

2. have an option to when to show the date, I would like to have my date on the actual statusbar and not need to move the notification bar down to see and maybe have an option to how to change the format (short or long format)

3. Add user info like name, address, number, etc to the lock screen, many apps do this and honeycomb even has this (saw it in vegacomb so not sure whether its only in that rom or is in honeycomb itself)

4. Have the ability to change other sounds like the lock/unlock sound, selection sounds, etc. These can be done by modifying the rom but it would improve the experience if the user doesnt have to root through a zip and have to do it in every release

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Please use the pragmatic solutions.

1. there are countless apps in the market to do so

2. date is displayed on lockscreen. Please place calendar widget on your homescreen. Or use one of the countless clock/weather widgets to do so.

3. yeah, right. please don't.