Photo

[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

* * * * * 72 votes

• Please log in to reply
14806 replies to this topic

nobug

nobug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
CHANGED: IT IS A PROVIDER SPECIFIC PROBLEM... ARRRR :D

Outgoing call's are not working in CM7 (and JJ9) with virtual network provider (national roaming)
and 3G data enabled.

This is the setup:
- CM7 (all nightlies and RCs) (same on JJ9)
- German provider solomo (on virtual network vistream)
- Data connection via HSDPA (national data roaming enabled)

1. Start call
2. Shows establishing call
3. NO ring signal
4. Call ended

(Very rarely calling works.)

This was in every version I can remember.

My workaround: Disabling 3G data

Is this a known issue?

Edited by nobug, 24 March 2011 - 05:07 PM.

Fou-lu

Fou-lu

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Outgoing call's are not working in CM7 (and JJ9) with virtual network provider (national roaming)
and 3G data enabled.

This is the setup:

1. Start call
3. NO ring signal
4. Call ended

Is this a known issue?

No? my 3G is always on, and with no problems outgoing calls with giffgaff. CM7 25

ZTE Blade (white+TFT)
Clockwork recovery 3.0.2.7
CM7 110
GEN2 the next generation!
Check out this network and get us both a fiver..
Posted Image
CyanogenMOD 7(2.3.4) Status

chimas

chimas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@cgmad

CHANGED: IT IS A PROVIDER SPECIFIC PROBLEM... ARRRR :D

and 3G data enabled.

This is the setup:

1. Start call
3. NO ring signal
4. Call ended

Is this a known issue?

Nope you are the first. But I do have I similar problem. mine is that my phone drop calls. I have always thought it was an orange problem but I recently signed up for the t-mobile signal. and it's still doing it. anyone no a fix for this.

Quotes of the day....

The truth is rarely pure and never simple! [Oscar Wilde]

Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real
. [Iris Murdoch]

vareBlade

vareBlade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade
  • Twitter:@varemenos
I think you should change the Spry dreamweaver JS code with JQuery it will be lot smoother

Edited by vareBlade, 24 March 2011 - 05:43 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Varemenos.com | AKLP.gr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hugobosslives

hugobosslives

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location:hampshire and birmingham (depending on whether at uni or not)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Zte Skate and Blade

....Did I mention I am still having the music player issue in nightly 28? Probably flacs, I'll try mp3's tomorrow...

sorry about the delay in responding to this one mate, had lots on today.

just converted and then wacked 10 flac files onto my blade. then skipped through them and let them play a bit.

The bad news: I had no fast-forwarding that you talk of.............. (though this might be beacuse of the limited testing)

The good news (well sort of): I did expeirence a problem. The Music player forced close. This has never happened to me on any rom, so i assume it has something to do with the flac files.

I mean good news in that you weren't making this up....

Therefore i conclude, that there probably is something slightly weird with flac files on the music player.

Personally i would just convert the flacs to something else of simular quality. and if space isn't an issue.... try something like .wav

hugobosslives

hugobosslives

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Perhaps it's failing to build. Buildbot used to show us the progress, but it's down at the moment. However, this "gralloc" that's been fixed may be the conflict, and now it's fixed, we'll see Nightlies. I'll see If I can find out.

you find anything on this one mate?

i bet everyone is thinking that something massive is guna happen on the next one. some super update that fixes everything.
though i am starting to get a little impatient. almost to the point where i'm guna stay up allnight mixing my own customised n28.
havn't done any proper rom work since 2.1 blade roms were on top though and hadn't even heard of this site then. Since then i've sat back and let people who know much more do it...

Victor von Zeppelin

Victor von Zeppelin

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

I think you should change the Spry dreamweaver JS code with JQuery it will be lot smoother

I might look into JQuery. I did the Spry because it was much easier. I don't find it very slow, though....

Oddly enough, Victor is my middle name, my actual name is Dan.

chimas

chimas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

I might look into JQuery. I did the Spry because it was much easier. I don't find it very slow, though....

Is this in response to my question cause I have no Idea what you are talking about. :D

Quotes of the day....

. [Iris Murdoch]

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

sorry about the delay in responding to this one mate, had lots on today.

just converted and then wacked 10 flac files onto my blade. then skipped through them and let them play a bit.

The bad news: I had no fast-forwarding that you talk of.............. (though this might be beacuse of the limited testing)

The good news (well sort of): I did expeirence a problem. The Music player forced close. This has never happened to me on any rom, so i assume it has something to do with the flac files.

I mean good news in that you weren't making this up....

Therefore i conclude, that there probably is something slightly weird with flac files on the music player.

Personally i would just convert the flacs to something else of simular quality. and if space isn't an issue.... try something like .wav

yes I occasionally get a force close aswell, bit just pressing 'wait' will fix it, and it will start playing normally.

and wave files? o.O I don't think I could fit it all on my 8gb card (getting a 16 soon though). and none the less, they are about twice the size of my class 8 flacs :D

did you use class 8 flacs?

and I'm assuming it is of no use uploading a video of thiis issue? i think its explained well enough....

ahh well, there are more important issues, and for now, I can live with this one :D

Sig.png

What Font Are You Using? (thats legible of course :P)

mickey megabyte

mickey megabyte

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:blade

Is this in response to my question cause I have no Idea what you are talking about. :D

they're talking about the 'accordian' roll-up tabs thingy on the right-hand side of the first post. spry and jquery are two javascript libraries both capable of creating that 'effect'.

Posted Image

Victor von Zeppelin

Victor von Zeppelin

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

I honestly can't remember :D

they're talking about the 'accordian' roll-up tabs thingy on the right-hand side of the first post. spry and jquery are two javascript libraries both capable of creating that 'effect'.

Indeed. I like Spry, cos it comes OOB with Dreamweaver.

Got a small update I want to test. Will be up in a mo, tell me what you think.

Martin1972

Martin1972

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

you find anything on this one mate?

i bet everyone is thinking that something massive is guna happen on the next one. some super update that fixes everything.
though i am starting to get a little impatient. almost to the point where i'm guna stay up allnight mixing my own customised n28.
havn't done any proper rom work since 2.1 blade roms were on top though and hadn't even heard of this site then. Since then i've sat back and let people who know much more do it...

Tried to self-compile from the git repository this afternoon but it kept failing. Wonder if this is why there has been no update for the last few days?

On a positive note, this evening after refreshing the git and downloading an update or two it compiled without issue, so hopefully tonight there maybe an official build.

BTW - I may be pi**ed from spending all afternoon in a spring real ale beer festival, but, the old boobies wallpaper was a class above the new compromising boobies image :D

hugobosslives

hugobosslives

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

yes I occasionally get a force close aswell, bit just pressing 'wait' will fix it, and it will start playing normally.

and wave files? o.O I don't think I could fit it all on my 8gb card (getting a 16 soon though). and none the less, they are about twice the size of my class 8 flacs :(

did you use class 8 flacs?

and I'm assuming it is of no use uploading a video of thiis issue? i think its explained well enough....

ahh well, there are more important issues, and for now, I can live with this one :D

can't remember what class i clicked on. sorry. but probably. and yer no need for video.

I did say "if space is not an issue" (wav. are about 8mb per minute for those who are wondering)

but they are pretty pointless unless you have million pound headphones or always plug your blade into your hifi.

you get my point. try something else that is the quality you want but different to flac files.

hope i've been of help though mate, cos i feel like i should start helping people as i have benefited quite a bit from this site ;)

Tried to self-compile from the git repository this afternoon but it kept failing. Wonder if this is why there has been no update for the last few days?

On a positive note, this evening after refreshing the git and downloading an update or two it compiled without issue, so hopefully tonight there maybe an official build.

BTW - I may be pi**ed from spending all afternoon in a spring real ale beer festival, but, the old boobies wallpaper was a class above the new compromising boobies image B)

interesting, havn't even started so didn't realise that, thought thats probably not related and just a problem at your end :D

to be honested i've decided i can't be arsed (well at least tonight). maybe have a go tomoz if still no new nightlies.

Edited by hugobosslives, 24 March 2011 - 07:43 PM.

JobSup

JobSup

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-1001 (German ZTE Blade)

I am also in the process of (re-)installing my development VM, mainly to see what went wrong with the last few builds. Sure the compile failed the last few days. Good to hear that that might be fixed now. Anyway, I will have my own development environment back tomorrow.

At the moment people here are too busy discussing the greatness of (pre-built) javascript libraries anyway :D Please get rid of all off-topic posts here and get back to work on the current rom.

Thanks

Victor von Zeppelin

Victor von Zeppelin

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

I am also in the process of (re-)installing my development VM, mainly to see what went wrong with the last few builds. Sure the compile failed the last few days. Good to hear that that might be fixed now. Anyway, I will have my own development environment back tomorrow.

At the moment people here are too busy discussing the greatness of (pre-built) javascript libraries anyway :D Please get rid of all off-topic posts here and get back to work on the current rom.

Thanks

We don't do the work, sorry. The actual developers are getting on with the busy stuff. :(

We just busy ourselves in the frivolity of javascript.

Which brings me to my next point. First post more usable for those with smaller screens, full fat version easily accessed though tabs :D

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief

Which brings me to my next point. First post more usable for those with smaller screens, full fat version easily accessed though tabs :D

Now that's a tasty meatball!
Nice one Victor - dat's voisatile!

jayhix

jayhix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Devices:orange san fransisco/zte blade
my phone screen hasnt woke up like four or five times today. really annoying having to rip batt out all the time, it appears random. do we know what causes this and what prevents it? cuz ive tried switching governers and still have the same problem..

chimas

chimas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

my phone screen hasnt woke up like four or five times today. really annoying having to rip batt out all the time, it appears random. do we know what causes this and what prevents it? cuz ive tried switching governers and still have the same problem..

need more info. like what build you are using and that sort of things.

Quotes of the day....

. [Iris Murdoch]

Rotmann

Rotmann

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, ZTE Blade

Damn , No N31 , the third night waiting for updates , i think i should sleep to get another update

Keep on waiting. Maybe you will prevail.

I have massive battery drain issues with ADW Launcher EX and CM7 N25 or N28. Is there some option or pref preventing this? I mean, seriously, overnight, without sync, mobile data or wifi, battery drops from 100% down to 78%. My battery lasts barely a working day from 7am to 6pm. With Gingerbread Launcher by Eugene everything goes back to normal, battery lasts at least 2 working days.

Any suggestions?

No problems here with N28 and ADW EX. What does Spare Parts say at "Partial wake"?

Has anyone got to the bottom of the LED notification light staying on. Granted it's not a major issue but it's an annoyance. Seems to be entirely random. Mostly the LED notification will work as it should but occasionally it will get stuck on (solid green) even after the notification is cleared. Once it's stuck on it seems the only way to get it to turn off is to plug the charge in briefly (turning the LED red) and then unplugging it. As I say, the LED works as it should most of the time, totally random that it occasionally stays on. I'm on N25 by the way but have noticed the issue in a few other nightlies.

Working perfect on N28, only stays on always if the battery is under 20%.

Hey guys, another new user here. I previously owned a HTC wildfire which was always running the latest nightly of cm7. I won a blade this week so it was finally time to pass my beloved wildfire down to my girlfriend and move on. Naturally the very first things I did with my blade were to root, install cwm and flash cm7.

First time I flashed I had nothing but problems, random freezes and reboots, DTa2sd not working properly, apps force closing etc. I decided to do another full wipe and reinstall and now everything deems to be working fine. Launcher pro is a bit laggy but I've read this is common.

I have a few general questions which might be better suited in the general section but since I'm here and they may well be cm7 related I'll ask here.

1. What is generally a safe maximum overclocking speed? Currently I'be a max of 729mhz and it seems pretty stable.

2. Is overheating normal when using the phone intensively? I've noticed temperatures in excess of 40c. My wildfire never got this hot.

3. Can someone recommend a good quality silicone/gel case? I don't mind paying a bit extra for something of good quality
Overall I'm very happy with the blade. The screen is delightful and games play remarkably well in comparison ti my wildfire. I very much look forward to becoming part of this community, and of course testing nightlys as soon as they come out :D

Some people run 806MHz on it, it depends on your CPU. 40c is nothing for a CPU, just go in little steps when overclocking, maybe you did not reach the limit. When you see it crashing, go one step back, that's the stable clock. There is a thread on jelly cases, search, you'll find images there.

Did you recover with Titanium stuff you shouldn't have?

cgk

cgk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

need more info. like what build you are using and that sort of things.

I am on N28 and having this issue.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users