[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

I have made issue for baterry usage Issue

nice one. i've not used rc1 so couldn't do it. i did comment that the slightly newer kernel with the cpuspy and camera fix is no better than the rc1 kernel (obviously they wouldn't make a difference).

alogcat.2012-03-25-21-55-00+0200.txt seems to be showing wifi isn't sleeping properly - its connecting to an ap and making dhcp requests, even in sleep-with-screen mode it shouldn't be doing that.

logcat120326.txt also looks like wifi isn't turning off properly - wpa_supplicant is constantly waking and disconnecting, but not actually trying to connect. i assume that's in always off mode (i.e. turned on/off with the statusbar icon).

to me it looks like instead of the wifi module saying "i am configured off, just quit until someone turns me on manually or the screen comes on and i wake" its actually saying "i am off, but i will try to connect anyway every few minutes, just in case, oh look i can connect woohoo!"

Guest Benoe

logcat120326.txt also looks like wifi isn't turning off properly - wpa_supplicant is constantly waking and disconnecting, but not actually trying to connect. i assume that's in always off mode (i.e. turned on/off with the statusbar icon).

to me it looks like instead of the wifi module saying "i am configured off, just quit until someone turns me on manually or the screen comes on and i wake" its actually saying "i am off, but i will try to connect anyway every few minutes, just in case, oh look i can connect woohoo!"

This log was made after a full wipe and rc1 install. Not even gapps was installed. I switched on wifi from the settings menu.

The nowifi log was made after I switched off wifi through notification power widget.

Guest leripe
Comment 10 by project member [email protected], Today (2 hours ago)

If by not getting deep sleep you mean some apps are not correctly reporting time spent in each state, the kernel in RC1 did not include the fix for /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state (a bug introduced by one of wbaw patches), so frequency states are incorrect. The incorrect time_in_state should not effect battery usage, it will just mean the stats are wrong.

Where can I download that fix which he mentions?

edit: i think i found it here: https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade/blob/2.6.35/arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock.c

how to apply this?

Edited by leripe

Guest sej7278

We'll have to see if we can get the new Adreno libs added after this is fixed. :) I assume they're not already?

jacob handles the proprietary stuff, best to ask him. i can't find the original xperia x8 thread from rk00064 only the lg p500 thread which doesn't say much. i'd love to see what he did to the modules, or did he just "acquire" some newer libs from somewhere?

the latest nightlies have the new 5mp camera libs finally (after 5 months lol).

Guest targetbsp

I assumed they were just newer versions shipping with some other phones stock rom? Odd the files are all exactly the same file size though...

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

was just about to post about the same problem.

Thanks for the quick response. Saves me trying again! I'm going to try putting this kernel and wifi on my own build and see how that works.

Guest leripe

Thanks for the quick response. Saves me trying again! I'm going to try putting this kernel and wifi on my own build and see how that works.

but now i noticed that it only goes 'dead' if Wifi was on when it went to sleep. (and i need to take the battery out to get back).

Guest Simono

I write about it on issue tracker. I call from another phone and then reboot (don't must remove baterry)

Edited by Simono

Guest targetbsp

but now i noticed that it only goes 'dead' if Wifi was on when it went to sleep. (and i need to take the battery out to get back).

Same. Also, plugging in usb causes a reboot. Save taking battery out - or even finding another phone to call from. :)

Guest sej7278

I assumed they were just newer versions shipping with some other phones stock rom? Odd the files are all exactly the same file size though...

i guess as they were the same size he hex edited them, there was talk of him "modding" the modules, they're not just rips of a stock p500/x8 rom.

Guest sm4tik

I decided to take the test rom for a spin and can also confirm the infamous sleep of death. I actually find a fully wiped CM7 quite fascinating to setup from scratch after playing around with CM9/CFX for a week or so. I think I'll stick around this thread until further notice. Even ADW doesn't feel that bad afterall ;)

edit: btw, Tom's having bash as the default shell with adb, think I'll get that one from gerrit (if it's not merged?) to my kangs :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Cata_Simi

I decided to take the test rom for a spin and can also confirm the infamous sleep of death. I actually find a fully wiped CM7 quite fascinating to setup from scratch after playing around with CM9/CFX for a week or so. I think I'll stick around this thread until further notice. Even ADW doesn't feel that bad afterall ;)

i felt that way too

Guest sej7278

I decided to take the test rom for a spin and can also confirm the infamous sleep of death. I actually find a fully wiped CM7 quite fascinating to setup from scratch after playing around with CM9/CFX for a week or so. I think I'll stick around this thread until further notice. Even ADW doesn't feel that bad afterall

what do you mean by that - do you mean cm9 is still pretty rubbish - have they even got wifi working yet?

last time i looked it had pretty much come to a standstill without accelerated gfx, i guess the new adreno libs help there?

Guest targetbsp

CM9 coldfusion is pretty good. It has a smoother UI than Gingerbread by a long way* and apps run fine (not quite as fast as GB). The problem is in hardware accelerated videos rather than graphics in general. The new Adreno ICS libs are ARMv7 so no help there.

It's still alpha though and has various minor issues. The problem is more that CM7 is so good than CM9 being rubbish.

*Once you ditch the stock CM launcher - but that rule also applies to CM7 :D

Edited by targetbsp