[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I am the kind of person that does like the latest version of anything so I do keep still following the ICS threads. It's just GB is so damned good. Froyo never was to me (I know it was to plenty of others) so I kept putting up with the early issues of CM7 to get GB. But with GB being so good and ICS not really bringing me anything new personally, I don't have a great reason to consider it as a day to day rom. I just like to play with it every now and again!

Guest targetbsp

Any plans to compile a newer build?

I'll do one later. Got fibre internet installed on Monday so uploading it sure is painless now. :D

Guest Akash P

I'll do one later. Got fibre internet installed on Monday so uploading it sure is painless now. :D

OooH! What speeds are you expecting? :-D

Guest targetbsp

We get 38mb/sec download (previously 5.5mb/sec) and 2mb/sec up (previously 0.7). They do a more expensive one that's 80 down and 20 up but don't really need that.

The latency is insanely low. 11ms between here and speedtest server in London (dunno what it was before). I'm getting only 49ms to the EU Diablo III server - down from approx 150-200. One of my housemates plays Battlefield and says his latency is down to 14ms.

Guest kjacek

For long time I been looking for a kernel with all optimized patches for blade... SS RLS7 was one which had all the stable patches from burstlam and wbaw git hub. So after little fiddling finally I made my first kernel compile :)

Battery life should little better than stock cm7 kernel and minor issues like cpu spy not working in Sejis kernel build should be also fixed. Kernel + Wifi Patches.

Its not thoroughly tested, apply at your own risk :P

make nandroid backup before applying if you need.

Patch it via CWR

Supports 3mp and 5mp blades.

Based on KonstaT git hub, which is based on burstlam and wbaw git hub.

Kernel features:

-overclock support

-AHB overclock

-undervolted CPU & wifi adapter

-overclocked GPU and AXI bus

-EXT4, TUN, CIFS, etc...

-support for 2-way-call-recording

-governors: minmax, InteractiveX, lagfree, SmartassV2, SavagedZen, conservative, powersave, ondemand, performance

-I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, vr, bfq, cfq, sio

-much more...

I risked and flashed your kernel over latest nightly together with Soft Button patch and the rest of the stuff. And it worked!

I have to flash Soft Button patch twice but it is no problem. I have 5mp blade.

Archish, could you give wider description features in your kernel? Or links where we can read somethink more?

Guest emotty

OK, here goes my list of frozen apps which I either don't use or have alternatives of:

**text cut**

thanks for that list :) ..

Guest targetbsp

Yeah actually, I was thinking just that. :D Due to the lack of ram in ICS I found tons more I can disable. I'll post an update at some point.

Guest DB_Runner

I risked and flashed your kernel over latest nightly together with Soft Button patch and the rest of the stuff. And it worked!

I have to flash Soft Button patch twice but it is no problem. I have 5mp blade.

Archish, could you give wider description features in your kernel? Or links where we can read somethink more?

where can I find the Soft Button patch ?

thx in advance

Guest targetbsp

Link to the original list: http://www.modaco.co...71#entry1835871

Also freeze

[desktop]adw.launcher - should get unfrozen if you wipe data so you shouldn't be launcherless (this theory is untested!!)

android keyboard - same reasoning as above

bluetooth share - i never use it

browser - use a third party one

certificate installer

google backup transport - i use titanium anyway

market feedback agent

I also disabled the tts service but I forgot to actually test if this is needed by google nav or only pico. If nav needs it, i'll be unfreezing.

I don't know if drm protected content is needed so i've left it unfrozen. Somewhere I read it does media like ringtones and stuff but I dunno if it does paid for apps too - of which I have a lot. So I've left this unfrozen.

Stuff you I imagine could freeze if you don't use (but untested because I do):

gallery

network location - coarse location

pico tts

rom manager

screenshot

spare parts

terminal emulator

To my blocked from auto-starting list i've added

super user (it starts on demand anyway)

zte blade settings - you may need this auto loading if the default prox cal doesn't work for your phone - not sure

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Akash P

Link to the original list: http://www.modaco.co...71#entry1835871

Also freeze

[desktop]adw.launcher - should get unfrozen if you wipe data so you shouldn't be launcherless (this theory is untested!!)

android keyboard - same reasoning as above

bluetooth share - i never use it

browser - use a third party one

certificate installer

google backup transport - i use titanium anyway

market feedback agent

I also disabled the tts service but I forgot to actually test if this is needed by google nav or only pico. If nav needs it, i'll be unfreezing.

I don't know if drm protected content is needed so i've left it unfrozen. Somewhere I read it does media like ringtones and stuff but I dunno if it does paid for apps too - of which I have a lot. So I've left this unfrozen.

Stuff you I imagine could freeze if you don't use (but untested because I do):

gallery

network location - coarse location

pico tts

rom manager

screenshot

spare parts

terminal emulator

To my blocked from auto-starting list i've added

super user (it starts on demand anyway)

zte blade settings - you may need this auto loading if the default prox cal doesn't work for your phone - not sure

Thanks! Will try those out and let you know of some more :)

Guest Akash P

Could you tell me the effect of deleting the following Apk's from the ROM would have?

1. CMStats.apk,

2. CMUpdateNotify.apk,

3. Development.apk,

4. Stk.apk

Edited by Akash P

Guest SpeRator

For long time I been looking for a kernel with all optimized patches for blade... SS RLS7 was one which had all the stable patches from burstlam and wbaw git hub. So after little fiddling finally I made my first kernel compile :)

Battery life should little better than stock cm7 kernel and minor issues like cpu spy not working in Sejis kernel build should be also fixed. Kernel + Wifi Patches.

Its not thoroughly tested, apply at your own risk :P

make nandroid backup before applying if you need.

Patch it via CWR

Supports 3mp and 5mp blades.

Based on KonstaT git hub, which is based on burstlam and wbaw git hub.

Kernel features:

-overclock support

-AHB overclock

-undervolted CPU & wifi adapter

-overclocked GPU and AXI bus

-EXT4, TUN, CIFS, etc...

-support for 2-way-call-recording

-governors: minmax, InteractiveX, lagfree, SmartassV2, SavagedZen, conservative, powersave, ondemand, performance

-I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, vr, bfq, cfq, sio

-much more...

Original thanks to KonstaT, burstlam and wbaw....

The features of the kernel are great!

Do you know if your kernel have better battery life than Sejis kernel?

Edited by SpeRator

Guest targetbsp

Could you tell me the effect of deleting the following Apk's from the ROM would have?

1. CMStats.apk,

2. CMUpdateNotify.apk,

3. Development.apk,

4. Stk.apk

1) See: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cmstats-what-it-is-and-why-you-should-opt-in

2) I assume it tells you when there is a new version of the rom out. I've never had it enabled to see!

3) its dev tools in the app drawer. Various options for testing things

4) It provides some sort of mobile provider specific functionality. Not used by my provider so I'm not 100% sure what but I believe it provides various chargeable info services from your mobile provider.

Guest ziyan

1. CMStats.apk,

2. CMUpdateNotify.apk,

3. Development.apk,

4. Stk.apk

I always delete them, together with ~10-20 more :D no problems till now...

Guest Akash P

I always delete them, together with ~10-20 more :D no problems till now...

Could you list all the apk's you delete? Would be helpful to others and myself :-)

Guest Akash P

Just noticed that there is a newer version of the libs for Adreno 200 to improve 3D performance, by the same member over at XDA who gave us the newer Qualcom drivers. Hope it has some more performance benefits over the previous one's.

XDA Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1582243

Flash in CWM.

Download:

rk.zip

Edited by Akash P