Photo

[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

* * * * * 72 votes

• Please log in to reply
14806 replies to this topic

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
  • Devices:Blade V, I9000, Blade
Yeah actually, I was thinking just that. :D Due to the lack of ram in ICS I found tons more I can disable. I'll post an update at some point.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

DB_Runner

DB_Runner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I risked and flashed your kernel over latest nightly together with Soft Button patch and the rest of the stuff. And it worked!
I have to flash Soft Button patch twice but it is no problem. I have 5mp blade.

Archish, could you give wider description features in your kernel? Or links where we can read somethink more?

where can I find the Soft Button patch ?

thx in advance

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
Link to the original list: http://www.modaco.co...71#entry1835871

Also freeze
[desktop]adw.launcher - should get unfrozen if you wipe data so you shouldn't be launcherless (this theory is untested!!)
android keyboard - same reasoning as above
bluetooth share - i never use it
browser - use a third party one
certificate installer
google backup transport - i use titanium anyway
market feedback agent

I also disabled the tts service but I forgot to actually test if this is needed by google nav or only pico. If nav needs it, i'll be unfreezing.

I don't know if drm protected content is needed so i've left it unfrozen. Somewhere I read it does media like ringtones and stuff but I dunno if it does paid for apps too - of which I have a lot. So I've left this unfrozen.

Stuff you I imagine could freeze if you don't use (but untested because I do):
gallery
network location - coarse location
pico tts
rom manager
screenshot
spare parts
terminal emulator

To my blocked from auto-starting list i've added
super user (it starts on demand anyway)
zte blade settings - you may need this auto loading if the default prox cal doesn't work for your phone - not sure

Edited by targetbsp, 30 May 2012 - 04:52 PM.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia ZR

Link to the original list: http://www.modaco.co...71#entry1835871

Also freeze
[desktop]adw.launcher - should get unfrozen if you wipe data so you shouldn't be launcherless (this theory is untested!!)
android keyboard - same reasoning as above
bluetooth share - i never use it
browser - use a third party one
certificate installer
google backup transport - i use titanium anyway
market feedback agent

I also disabled the tts service but I forgot to actually test if this is needed by google nav or only pico. If nav needs it, i'll be unfreezing.

I don't know if drm protected content is needed so i've left it unfrozen. Somewhere I read it does media like ringtones and stuff but I dunno if it does paid for apps too - of which I have a lot. So I've left this unfrozen.

Stuff you I imagine could freeze if you don't use (but untested because I do):
gallery
network location - coarse location
pico tts
rom manager
screenshot
spare parts
terminal emulator

To my blocked from auto-starting list i've added
super user (it starts on demand anyway)
zte blade settings - you may need this auto loading if the default prox cal doesn't work for your phone - not sure

Thanks! Will try those out and let you know of some more :)

Sony Xperia ZR ( C5502) (Rooted!)

Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Could you tell me the effect of deleting the following Apk's from the ROM would have?

1. CMStats.apk,
2. CMUpdateNotify.apk,
3. Development.apk,
4. Stk.apk

Edited by Akash P, 30 May 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.

SpeRator

SpeRator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OSF)

For long time I been looking for a kernel with all optimized patches for blade... SS RLS7 was one which had all the stable patches from burstlam and wbaw git hub. So after little fiddling finally I made my first kernel compile :)

Battery life should little better than stock cm7 kernel and minor issues like cpu spy not working in Sejis kernel build should be also fixed. Kernel + Wifi Patches.
Its not thoroughly tested, apply at your own risk :P
make nandroid backup before applying if you need.

Patch it via CWR
Supports 3mp and 5mp blades.

Based on KonstaT git hub, which is based on burstlam and wbaw git hub.
Kernel features:
-overclock support
-AHB overclock
-undervolted CPU & wifi adapter
-overclocked GPU and AXI bus
-EXT4, TUN, CIFS, etc...
-support for 2-way-call-recording
-governors: minmax, InteractiveX, lagfree, SmartassV2, SavagedZen, conservative, powersave, ondemand, performance
-I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, vr, bfq, cfq, sio
-much more...

Original thanks to KonstaT, burstlam and wbaw....

The features of the kernel are great!
Do you know if your kernel have better battery life than Sejis kernel?

Edited by SpeRator, 30 May 2012 - 05:28 PM.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts

Could you tell me the effect of deleting the following Apk's from the ROM would have?

1. CMStats.apk,
2. CMUpdateNotify.apk,
3. Development.apk,
4. Stk.apk

1) See: http://www.cyanogenm...u-should-opt-in
2) I assume it tells you when there is a new version of the rom out. I've never had it enabled to see!
3) its dev tools in the app drawer. Various options for testing things
4) It provides some sort of mobile provider specific functionality. Not used by my provider so I'm not 100% sure what but I believe it provides various chargeable info services from your mobile provider.

CM7 Blade changelog

ziyan

ziyan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

1. CMStats.apk,
2. CMUpdateNotify.apk,
3. Development.apk,
4. Stk.apk

I always delete them, together with ~10-20 more :D no problems till now...

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

I always delete them, together with ~10-20 more :D no problems till now...

Could you list all the apk's you delete? Would be helpful to others and myself :-)

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Just noticed that there is a newer version of the libs for Adreno 200 to improve 3D performance, by the same member over at XDA who gave us the newer Qualcom drivers. Hope it has some more performance benefits over the previous one's.

XDA Link: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1582243

Flash in CWM.

Download:

Attached File  rk.zip   1.38MB   34 downloads

Edited by Akash P, 30 May 2012 - 06:33 PM.

SpeRator

SpeRator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Just noticed that there is a newer version of the libs for Adreno 200 to improve 3D performance, by the same member over at XDA who gave us the newer Qualcom drivers. Hope it has some more performance benefits over the previous one's.

Flash in CWM.

Download:

XDA link?

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

XDA link?

Re-posted above.

SpeRator

SpeRator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

XDA Link: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1582243

Flash in CWM.

Download:

Nice, i read the thread. The introduction on XDA to flash and edit. build.prop is useless. And deleting the libGLES_android.so also. If you delete this file you turn off the software-acceleration and always force hardware-acceleration.

The right introduction is only flash with CWM and thats it.

THX Akash P for post it.

Edited by SpeRator, 30 May 2012 - 06:53 PM.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
They don't bench any different than the previous ones. I am firmly in the newer is better camp though so what the heck. :D

CM7 Blade changelog

ziyan

ziyan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Could you list all the apk's you delete? Would be helpful to others and myself :-)

Yeah, why not :D

Here's my usual ROM customization before installation:

ADWLauncher.apk - I replace it with launcherpro.apk on GB - delete only if you include another launcher in the zip!
Androidian.apk - theme.. I use the stock, or something from market
CMStats.apk - Statistics
CMUpdateNotify.apk - I use KANGs from here
Cyanbread.apk - another theme, also delete "persist.sys.themeId=Cyanbread" and "persist.sys.themePackageName=com.tmobile.theme.Cyanbread" from build.prop
Development.apk - I'm not an app developer
Email.apk - I use gmail
LiveWallpapers.apk - livewallpapers
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk - if you don't use any livewallpaper
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk - livewallpapers
Protips.apk - Android tips widget
QuickSearchBox.apk - Google search widget
RomManager.apk - I prefer manual mode in recovery
Stk.apk - provider-specific shortcuts, it stores the provider's telephone numbers for services like "sms highway ticket"
VisualizationWallpapers.apk - more livewallpapers
VoiceDialer.apk - I like typing
VpnServices.apk - I dont use any proxy or vpn (maybe needed for some providers?)

After that, I also delete every language expect english from system ts\lang_pico, and add an ad-blocking hostfile to system\etc, so I don't need ad blocking softwares.

Finally, I usually flash sej's or archish's kernel, and the roboto font pack from targetbsp's site (I use his builds, so the adreno libs are already included).

From the gapps, I delete the following files:

CarHomeGoogle.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
Talk.apk

After those steps, CM7 with gapps will easily fit on ~110mb, but you can also delete some more apk's if you don't use them (FM, Calendar, ...). These modifications will speed up the ROM a bit, but not with the cost of stability - my phone is still rock stable ^_^

By the way, i'm thinking on an automated recovery zip which would do this job automatically after a ROM install, so you wouldn't need to modify anything... I may make one if anyone would use it :D

Edited by ziyan, 30 May 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Yeah, why not :D

By the way, i'm thinking on an automated recovery zip which would do this job automatically after a ROM install, so you wouldn't need to modify anything... I may make one if anyone would use it :D

Thanks for the list :)

Yea about the automated recovery zip I would love to test it out! Do make it and post the links :D

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts

If you're doing this to save ram, boot time or whatever rather than system storage space then use freeze rather than deleting them as freeze lasts between rom updates. :) It took me about a year to realise that lol.

CM7 Blade changelog

ziyan

ziyan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

If you're doing this to save ram, boot time or whatever rather than system storage space then use freeze rather than deleting them as freeze lasts between rom updates. :) It took me about a year to realise that lol.

I wanted to do the same, but is there any free "freezer" app? I only found trial versions on market :angry:
EDIT: just found one, didn't tested: https://play.google....d.appquarantine

Also, how do you disable startup apps?

Edited by ziyan, 30 May 2012 - 07:51 PM.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
This: https://play.google....roid.autostarts
It costs I'm afraid but not much and is far, FAR better than any free one I tried. It can stop auto loads from dozens of different events - not just startup ones.

For freezing I use titanium which does cost. I noted that Link2SD can freeze apps also and it is free.

Edited by targetbsp, 30 May 2012 - 08:00 PM.

CM7 Blade changelog

ZTR

ZTR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S i9000,Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Zakitheracer

I wanted to do the same, but is there any free "freezer" app? I only found trial versions on market :angry:
EDIT: just found one, didn't tested: https://play.google....d.appquarantine

Also, how do you disable startup apps?

Use ES TaskManager for disabling start up apps and link2sd for freezing apps ;)

ROM:CM10.1 KonstaKANG 24/07/13
Recovery:CWM 6.0.2.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users