data transfer

Guest veehexx

Guest veehexx

how do i turn off gmail sync?

i'm experiencing higher than expected data transfer - so far 730kb for 2 text-only emails (should be about 10k each at most).

in an effort to work out whats taking it, i want to disable all email syncing from my phone.

obviously disabling data would work, but it wont tell me (by process of elimination) whats taking the data..

Guest Rotmann
how do i turn off gmail sync?

i'm experiencing higher than expected data transfer - so far 730kb for 2 text-only emails (should be about 10k each at most).

in an effort to work out whats taking it, i want to disable all email syncing from my phone.

obviously disabling data would work, but it wont tell me (by process of elimination) whats taking the data..

You can install Droidstats or 3G Watchdog (both paid versions) and if you are on 2.2 and up it will tell you exactly what app uses what. BTW, what does this have in common with ROM thread?

Edited by Rotmann

Guest veehexx

not sure - mis-posted obviously; should be in the main forum..

thanks for the sugestions, i didnt think about apps that would monitor usage, so that'll be alot better than manually working it out. it does seem to be one of the apps im installing though