AboAbed

AboAbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:viewpad 7
Hi
This is my first post.
Excuse me for my language because English is not my first language.
I just purchased ViewSonic ViewPad 7. I tried to configure it to read and write Arabic and browsing arabic sites. I have changed the files libwebcore.so & libskia.so in /system/lib directory to new files that support arabic as I have read in other sites. But, unfortunately, the device is dead now; I got the 3-birds page when started and nothing after that. Please, upload the rom or guide me to the right solution.
Thanks

Edited by AboAbed, 25 March 2011 - 12:16 PM.

beardedmayhem

beardedmayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi
This is my first post.
I just purchased ViewSonic ViewPad 7. I tried to configure it to read and write Arabic and browsing arabic sites. I have changed the files libwebcore.so & libskia.so in /system/lib directory to new files that support arabic as I have read in other sites. But, unfortunately, the device is dead now; I got the 3-birds page when started and nothing after that. Please, upload the rom or guide me to the right solution.
Thanks

Do you have clockwork recovery installed to the partition?

AboAbed

AboAbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Do you have clockwork recovery installed to the partition?

Unfortunately, I haven't done it.

James Kei

James Kei

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:U8220
  • Twitter:@n/a

Hi
This is my first post.
Thanks

I have it in my viewpad 7 phone, but I am not able to install cwrecovery.img to boot, so not able to dump it for you.

The stock ROM almost perfect, apart from internal storage too small.

regards

James

Edited by James Kei, 27 March 2011 - 02:12 PM.

Huawei U8220 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab2 7.0

beardedmayhem

beardedmayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have the original dumps, as well as an update.zip that will install the stock firmware via CW recovery. If you don't have CW recovery installed you may be able to do a factory recovery:

Hold down both volume keys.
Press the reset button.
Quickly hold down the power button until you see the birds and 'enter recovery' at the top left hand corner.

Try recovering from the menu.

AboAbed

AboAbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have the original dumps, as well as an update.zip that will install the stock firmware via CW recovery. If you don't have CW recovery installed you may be able to do a factory recovery:

Hold down both volume keys.
Press the reset button.
Quickly hold down the power button until you see the birds and 'enter recovery' at the top left hand corner.

Try recovering from the menu.

Thank you guys for your help. I have tried that, but it didn't work.
If the stock Rom is not available, I need a way to allow me to access the /system/lib directory to restore the original files while the device is dead.
Thanks

beardedmayhem

beardedmayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thank you guys for your help. I have tried that, but it didn't work.
If the stock Rom is not available, I need a way to allow me to access the /system/lib directory to restore the original files while the device is dead.
Thanks

Does it boot at all? Can you see the birds graphic or the welcome logo? I don't know how you will be able to access that folder without having a device that boots enough to run adb shell. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to boot into recovery, unless you somehow replaced that particular parition with an invalid one. It's a hard lesson, but you always make a backup before playing around. You may need to send it back to Viewsonic for a re-flash.

AboAbed

AboAbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Does it boot at all? Can you see the birds graphic or the welcome logo? I don't know how you will be able to access that folder without having a device that boots enough to run adb shell. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to boot into recovery, unless you somehow replaced that particular parition with an invalid one. It's a hard lesson, but you always make a backup before playing around. You may need to send it back to Viewsonic for a re-flash.

I can see the birds graphic but not the welcom logo. Could you upload the update.zip file; I think I will give it a try.
Thanks

beardedmayhem

beardedmayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I can see the birds graphic but not the welcom logo. Could you upload the update.zip file; I think I will give it a try.
Thanks

Do you know how to use ADB shell? I will upload the update.zip to a link in the meantime. Let me know if you can connect to the device via ADB when it boots.

AboAbed

AboAbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Do you know how to use ADB shell? I will upload the update.zip to a link in the meantime. Let me know if you can connect to the device via ADB when it boots.

I'm not sure what is the ADB. Please, clarify.
Thanks

beardedmayhem

beardedmayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I'm not sure what is the ADB. Please, clarify.
Thanks

Yikes! Well if you don't know what ADB is you may as well send the tablet back to Viewsonic for a repair. It's doubtful that you will be able to fix it if you don't know the basics.

Edited by beardedmayhem, 25 March 2011 - 08:52 PM.

AboAbed

AboAbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yikes! Well if you don't know what ADB is you may as well send the tablet back to Viewsonic for a repair. It's doubtful that you will be able to fix it if you don't know the basics. I've uploaded the update.zip. It will be available for a couple hours, so get it while you can. You can find it here:

http://depositfiles....files/wav1qn9oq

Thanks for the file. I have downloaded it, but I got an error when trying to flash the device, I think the update.zip file either corrupted or incomplete.
Anyhow, many thanks to you. I will open a support case with Viewsonic.

beardedmayhem

beardedmayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks for the file. I have downloaded it, but I got an error when trying to flash the device, I think the update.zip file either corrupted or incomplete.
Anyhow, many thanks to you. I will open a support case with Viewsonic.

Update.zip tested working on my Viewpad 7. Good luck with your replacement.

rosero202

rosero202

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:VIEWPAD 7 , ACER LIQUID
Hi I have the viewpad 7 since a few days, the previous owner did some stuff to it and some apps don't work.

Is it possible to re-up the original rom please?

Thanx in advance

kiddyzxz

kiddyzxz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi
This is my first post.
Thanks

Can you enter the "recovery mode"?you should try "wipe data\factory set".

If it doesn`t work,you should download a rom here and after unziped rename it "firmware.nb0" then move it to your sdcard.

Enter "recovery mode"slete the last one"download from sdcard..."

download " FM6-316R-0-0015-A01_VSI.part1.rar"&" FM6-316R-0-0015-A01_VSI.part2.rar"

:D

Edited by kiddyzxz, 07 April 2011 - 08:30 AM.

AboAbed

AboAbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

If it doesn`t work,you should download a rom here and after unziped rename it "firmware.nb0" then move it to your sdcard.

download " FM6-316R-0-0015-A01_VSI.part1.rar"&" FM6-316R-0-0015-A01_VSI.part2.rar"

:D

Thanks to every one here. I returned it back to the seller. I have replaced it with Dell streak; it is on its way.

Claudioggs

Claudioggs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Viewpad 7

Hi I have the viewpad 7 since a few days, the previous owner did some stuff to it and some apps don't work.

Is it possible to re-up the original rom please?

Thanx in advance

Hi,
I bought a Viewpad 7 in USA, Build Number 1008-3-240 (not sure if the last digit is a cero or a leter O).
I backup it full (each mtd ==> cat /dev/mtd/mtd?) after and before clockwork. :)

Let me know what do you need.
Cheers

Edited by Claudioggs, 15 April 2011 - 07:17 PM.

singsong

singsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

:mellow:

hi guy
I have brick my N700
Can I use your image for restore?

singsong

singsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Yikes! Well if you don't know what ADB is you may as well send the tablet back to Viewsonic for a repair. It's doubtful that you will be able to fix it if you don't know the basics.

update.zip link are dead
do you have a mirror, please?

Thanks so much

singsong

singsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

update.zip link are dead
do you have a mirror, please?

Thanks so much

I need original rom for 3e recovery. Can someone do an upload of the original ROM?

thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users