• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

Skull_NL

Skull_NL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Lg optimus 2X

I just flashed this recovery. And the ext4 issue is not fixed!

I cannot mount the system and it will not backup.

Is there a fix for this?

Skull

Edit:

I changed back to 3.2.0.1. This version is backing up correctly now. I do not know about a restore though?

Skull

Edited by Skull_NL, 30 June 2011 - 08:59 AM.

Skull_NL

Skull_NL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Edit:

I changed back to 3.2.0.1. This version is backing up correctly now. I do not know about a restore though?

Skull

Edit 2:

Backing up is one thing restoring is another :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit 3:

But if you cannot back-up in the first place what's the reason for a restore function then ;) :D B)

Edited by Skull_NL, 30 June 2011 - 09:41 AM.

pitywoman

pitywoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

On the latest build I just posted? I don't see this issue?

P

jus tested and really ur version doesnt have vibrate issue. really thanks. thanks thanks thanks

btw paul, is that can add in one small feature, which is vibrate one time, to remind that u succesful boot into recovery instead of starring on it. sometimes will miss it and keep pressing when realeased power button bcome reboot system now...

one more is, progress bar didnt move at all? it jus blank there? so we wont actually know the backup is running or not?

Edited by pitywoman, 30 June 2011 - 11:49 AM.

Clone519

Clone519

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation
Can CWM 3.2.0.1 flash Fr19 successfully? Or do I have to use the new recovery to do it?

EDIT: what about using the stock Clock Work Mod provided in the app? Will it affect the installation of Fr19?

Edited by Clone519, 30 June 2011 - 10:23 PM.

MeX_DK

MeX_DK

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S III iGT9300
  • Twitter:@Praeguard

Can CWM 3.2.0.1 flash Fr19 successfully? Or do I have to use the new recovery to do it?

EDIT: what about using the stock Clock Work Mod provided in the app? Will it affect the installation of Fr19?

Installation might work fine. But the clockworkmod recovery provided from the app is broken and wont restore correctly

racesurg

racesurg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
Vibration issue fixed for me too, with v4.0.0.5. Thanks, Paul! :)

Clone519

Clone519

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation
Hmmm is the SQL lite performance patch still working?

aaww

aaww

InfoSec Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:- Information Security
    - Android
    - Wild life
    - Adrenalin
  • Devices:Xperia Z2 / Nexus4
  • Twitter:@AlbertAltman
Paul the problem is still there with EXT4.
I downgraded clockwork to 3.0.2.8 and installed 4.0.0.5 today again to make sure it is not the loadbalancer that served me with the unfixed ver yesterday.

cheers

Skull_NL

Skull_NL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I downgraded clockwork to 3.0.2.8 and installed 4.0.0.5 today again to make sure it is not the loadbalancer that served me with the unfixed ver yesterday.

cheers

Hi,

I have downgraded tot the 3.2.0.1 version. Your version has a problem with the restore function after flashing the baseband.
Version 3.2.0.1 work perfect.

So i would recommend 3.2.0.1 to annyone who want a stable CWM.

Skull_NL

Skull_NL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

cheers

Hi,

I have downgraded tot the 3.2.0.1 version. Your version has a problem with the restore function after flashing the baseband.
Version 3.2.0.1 work perfect.

So i would recommend 3.2.0.1 to annyone who want a stable CWM.

Ramdanih

Ramdanih

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E | LG Optimus 2x
  • Twitter:@Ramdanih7
I have some issues, can't using usb storage in this recovery... :)

n00bsh1t

n00bsh1t

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

Does anyone have a link where i can download the version of CWM just prior to 4.0.0.5 (is it 3.2.0.1)?

i have flashed 4.0.0.5, and am having same problems mounting /system.

Thanks!

jambezuk

jambezuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Hi,

Does anyone have a link where i can download the version of CWM just prior to 4.0.0.5 (is it 3.2.0.1)?

i have flashed 4.0.0.5, and am having same problems mounting /system.

Thanks!

Links to all the in between versions

http://android.modac...orkmod-4-0-0-5/

n00bsh1t

n00bsh1t

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thanks!!

so the external version will look for backups/updates in the external SD card (which is just like the CWMs released by Paul)
while the internal version will look for backups/updates in the internal SD card (modified by Rusty).

Is that correct?

i'm just a little confused by the 2 statements in the explanation:

however the stock O2X mounts it's internal SD card as /sdcard, which confuses ROM Manager a fair bit

and

internal version of the recovery mounts the internal storage as /sdcard as well, so ROM Manager can find backups it's made etc

ehh... if ROM manager is confused by having internal storage mounted as /sdcard (first statement), then why is it that by mounting internal storage as /sdcard, ROM manager can find backups etc (second statement)? :)

Thanks!!

jambezuk

jambezuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Thanks!!

so the external version will look for backups/updates in the external SD card (which is just like the CWMs released by Paul)
while the internal version will look for backups/updates in the internal SD card (modified by Rusty).

Is that correct?

i'm just a little confused by the 2 statements in the explanation:
and
ehh... if ROM manager is confused by having internal storage mounted as /sdcard (first statement), then why is it that by mounting internal storage as /sdcard, ROM manager can find backups etc (second statement)? :)

Thanks!!

The standard CWM that comes with ROM manager looks at external sd but ROM manager itself looks at /sdcard (internal) so if you go to manage backups it doesn't see any. When ROM manager backs up it reboots into CWM then starts, saving to external sdcard. For many phones the external is /sdcard which is where ROM manager looks - the problem really is with ROM manager not looking in the correct place.

If you use the internal CWM this problem is solved. However, if you update baseband for example sometimes your internal sd is wiped. External is never wiped during these processes so is probably the better option for your backups. Using an external one you can use ROM manager to make the backups but not restore them, for that you'd have to reboot into recovery.

Edit: rewording to make explanation clearer (hopefully).

Edited by jambezuk, 04 July 2011 - 03:20 PM.

n00bsh1t

n00bsh1t

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thanks!!

i guess i'll just stick to the external version and run it standalone (i.e. vol down + power). i've been running CWM standalone since Paul first came out with a version for O2X. The downside is that i have to manually do some stuffs but i guess that's quite manageable. The issues highlighted in page 10 of this same thread is giving me some confusion with regards to ROM Manager and the different CWM versions for O2X.

kruppin

kruppin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Optimus 2x
USB storgae can be quite usefull, can you fix this? :) I would prefer to use your recovery, becouse then I can use your reboot app which I find so convenient, unless it flashes a "non-working" recovery image that is. :rolleyes:

Rusty!

Rusty!

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 16GB
  • Twitter:@RussUnderhill

Links to all the in between versions

http://android.modac...orkmod-4-0-0-5/

Worth mentioning that although there's a bunch of versions there, they're not exactly 'in between versions' as they were built by me, not Paul. They still work though :blink:

aaww

aaww

InfoSec Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:- Information Security
    - Android
    - Wild life
    - Adrenalin
  • Devices:Xperia Z2 / Nexus4
  • Twitter:@AlbertAltman
The download link is down.
I am provided with the Deep link and a 404 error.

maini85

maini85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HOX
4.0.0.9 is now official available via RomManger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users