29 Jun: 4.0.0.5 - ClockworkMod Recovery for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest domi007
Hi I just got my phone today :D

But when I went to download the .zip file and extract it, it wouldn't and it just said, 'this archive is either in an unknown format or damaged'.

I have WinRar so I'm guessing that should be able to extract it.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks B)

re-download and try it again.

Guest Stryke69

Hey guys,

after flashing the CWM recovery and starting the device with the power down button i get this message:

"S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading"

Is this alright? I can still boot my phone after removing the battery and starting it on the normal way, but i just can't enter the recovery mode

Guest djmcnz
Hey guys,

after flashing the CWM recovery and starting the device with the power down button i get this message:

"S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading"

Is this alright? I can still boot my phone after removing the battery and starting it on the normal way, but i just can't enter the recovery mode

Not recovery.

Hold VOL_DWN, then press and HOLD PWR buttons until capacitive buttons light up, then release both buttons = recovery.

Guest Stryke69

Sorry, I meant starting with the volume down button held (exactly the way you wrote djmcnz). Just a little mistake in my post :D

But I'm always getting the message I mentioned when I try to enter the recovery mode

Edit: Ok, got it now. I rooted the phone and after that it works.

Edited by Stryke69

Guest sibbor
r1 released.

This includes an updated kernel, an updated adb-linux binary in the distribution and other minor fixes.

p

So what does the updated kernel include? If you care to provide more details about the "minor fixes" I'll listen to it carefully, because I love changelogs! :-)

Also I'd like to know - does this kernel include MT fixes I read about on Twitter?

We like you, p.

EDIT #1: installed it and didn't find anything new and. USB mount didn't work etc., but still, it's awesome and at least as usable as before.

EDIT #2: Quadrant Score: 2850 (up from 2600~2700).

Edited by sibbor

Guest gensplejs

Any chance of a changelog from b3 to r1?

EDIT- LOL.... you posted it before i got my question in.

Edited by gensplejs

Guest djmcnz
r1 released.

This includes an updated kernel, an updated adb-linux binary in the distribution and other minor fixes.

p

No it doesn't... well not in the same sense as an android kernel... ? So, I'm a little confused.

Guest djmcnz

I mean the CWM .zip doesn't contain a kernel image that I could see, the script doesn't install one and when I boot there's no change to my original kernel.

But you've said it includes a new kernel, what have I misunderstood?

Edited by djmcnz

The recovery image itself includes a new kernel for it's own use. The recovery image is a boot image remember, so it has a kernel, just like the boot image that's used to boot the OS.

P

Guest djmcnz

Boy your web servers are getting hammered at the moment, I'm getting timeouts everywhere.

Nevertheless, thanks for the confirmation this is what I expected. I've just never heard of it being explicitly referred to as a kernel in the past.

Guest space79
The recovery image itself includes a new kernel for it's own use. The recovery image is a boot image remember, so it has a kernel, just like the boot image that's used to boot the OS.

P

is the new one (r1) ok for EXT4?

EDIT:

"Yes, of course!

P"

THANK YA!

Edited by space79

Guest medman08

I still have problems when i boot to recovery i need to reinsert the SDcard is this normal?

Using recover r1.

Regards

Medman

Thx for this great tool

Guest Arival

I can't get clockworkMod recovery to install on my 2x. I had to use my girlfriends xp laptop to root my phone as i can't get the drivers to properly install on my windows 7 64 bit pc, but i eventually got it rooted. When i try to run the batch file from the same laptop, with debugging mode enabled, all that happens is a CMD window briefly pops up and then vanishes in seconds.

If i try to install it from my windows 7 pc i get a cmd window saying

D:\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows push psneuter /data/local/psneu

ter

error: device not found

D:\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows shell chmod 4755 /data/local/ps

neuter

D:\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows shell /data/local/psneuter

D:\3.0.1.4-r1-2x-clockworkmod-modaco>adb-windows wait-for-device

Obviously i'd like to get the adb drivers working on my w7 pc but if not getting cwm on my 2x via my sisters pc would be nice :D

Edited by Arival

Guest medman08
I can't get clockworkMod recovery to install on my 2x. I had to use my girlfriends xp laptop to root my phone as i can't get the drivers to properly install on my windows 7 64 bit pc, but i eventually got it rooted. When i try to run the batch file from the same laptop, with debugging mode enabled, all that happens is a CMD window briefly pops up and then vanishes in seconds.

If i try to install it from my windows 7 pc i get a cmd window saying

Obviously i'd like to get the adb drivers working on my w7 pc but if not getting cwm on my 2x via my sisters pc would be nice :D

What does Device manager say?

Is the Usb drivers installed properly(No Yellow/red Exclamation marks)?

Guest roni-in

Hey,

I can't get it to work. The batch script says at the section of psneuter:

mmap() failed. Operation not permitted

An adb reboot recovery only bring me back to normal booting :-(

Guest roni-in
Sounds like you're already rooted, in which case that's expected.

P

Hey Paul,

so what to do? I'm currently not able to boot into recovery. Neither with you tool nor with hardware VOL DOWN + POWER ON.

Thanks for your effort