MIUI 1.3.25 2.3 for Liquid

Guest Carrera

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I confirm that hvlt method fixes Wifi.

But there are still problems:

The already mentioned Camera, Light Sensor, Bluetooth.

And also:

-Most games FC, I guess 3D is broken.

-USB mount doesn't work, the notification never appears.

But the ROM is very nice, the new framework additions are looking great.

Guest elgubbo
I confirm that hvlt method fixes Wifi.

But there are still problems:

The already mentioned Camera, Light Sensor, Bluetooth.

And also:

-Most games FC, I guess 3D is broken.

-USB mount doesn't work, the notification never appears.

But the ROM is very nice, the new framework additions are looking great.

what games dont work for you? i tested gunbros, jetcarstunts, and reckless racing ... they worked fine

EDIT: Nevermind, found a solution, if a game doesn't work go to Settings/Programs/Manage Applications.

Then find your non working game and select it.

In the screen that appears find Compatibility mode and turn it off.

EDIT 2: Yeah there's a temporary solution for those who need USB Storage. Apply the vold patch you can find on the CM7 RC1 thread, then download a toggle app like widgetsoid and put a Widget which toggles USB on the homescreen, this way you'll be able to enable and disable USB. BTW, if you try using the widget before applying the vold patch you'll just get your SD card unmounted (reboot necessary)

Edited by bais

Guest Master_T

Still running a quite ancient version here due to lazyness, but this sounds really good, will surely upgrade when fixed version is out. Props to all the devs!

Guest Splux

Anyone who has been fooling around with this one, how is the battery life SO FAR?

Not gonna write what I thought of writing here, wanna see if I'll get the answer I think I'll get... :D

Guest elgubbo
Anyone who has been fooling around with this one, how is the battery life SO FAR?

Not gonna write what I thought of writing here, wanna see if I'll get the answer I think I'll get... :D

have only used it while loading ....

but there are a LOT of improvements compared to earlier version :D

Guest Splux
have only used it while loading ....

but there are a LOT of improvements compared to earlier version :D

First: holy sh*t, you just gave me a heartattack! I was expecting that someone would whine about the fact that it hasn't even been up for 12 hours or something :D

And yea, small edit here, no offense! <- forgot to write that little thing :*

And now OnTopic:

I just downloaded, just want to know a little something about the battery life. Don't know if it is worth deleting everything (like 10sms or something, reason invalid?) and just one thing that no one mentions... which *.bin does this work the best for? And does it work on Liquid A1?

Starting to get annoying that no one writes if it is for A1, E or both... And the clock is 00.38, don't want to f*** up something now ^^

Any good reasons to move on from CM7 to this? :(

Edited by Splux

Guest elgubbo
First: holy sh*t, you just gave me a heartattack! I was expecting that someone would whine about the fact that it hasn't even been up for 12 hours or something :(

And yea, small edit here, no offense! <- forgot to write that little thing :*

And now OnTopic:

I just downloaded, just want to know a little something about the battery life. Don't know if it is worth deleting everything (like 10sms or something, reason invalid?) and just one thing that no one mentions... which *.bin does this work the best for? And does it work on Liquid A1?

Starting to get annoying that no one writes if it is for A1, E or both... And the clock is 00.38, don't want to f*** up something now ^^

Any good reasons to move on from CM7 to this? ;)

okay so step by step B)

1. its worth deleting 10 sms!

2. if you are on CM7 and it works with your *.bin then you are good to go!

3. it works fine with A1, but i recommend using swap (but you dont have to!)

3.1. if you are using A2SD on CM7 just wipe data, dalvik, and cache (dont wipe ext3), this way you will still have all your apps :D

4. reason: there is no reason its just a question of preference ... when light/prox sensors are fixed you have the same hardware working, but a more ... lets say fancy UI :D speed is about the same (i compared quadrant/linpack/smartbench)

regards

Edited by elgubbo

Guest Splux
okay so step by step :(

1. its worth deleting 10 sms!

2. if you are on CM7 and it works with your *.bin then you are good to go!

3. it works fine with A1, but i recommend using swap (but you dont have to!)

3.1. if you are using A2SD on CM7 just wipe data, dalvik, and cache (dont wipe ext3), this way you will still have all your apps :D

regards

Well, A2SD is ghey;) don't even install random apps I don't need, I am over that crap :D

Calling and such stuff works fine? turning on/off 2G/3G and 2G only works?

What else usually screws up... uhm... Doesn't turn on and off flightmode when restarting the phone?

And something I am just too lazy to look up for myself on google, what is swap good for, really? CM7 is smooth like hell without using it, without tweaking anything and without O/C. So, what does it do and how does it help me getting a smoother phone? ;)

Guest elgubbo
Well, A2SD is ghey;) don't even install random apps I don't need, I am over that crap :D

Calling and such stuff works fine? turning on/off 2G/3G and 2G only works?

What else usually screws up... uhm... Doesn't turn on and off flightmode when restarting the phone?

And something I am just too lazy to look up for myself on google, what is swap good for, really? CM7 is smooth like hell without using it, without tweaking anything and without O/C. So, what does it do and how does it help me getting a smoother phone? ;)

i can not confirm any of the problems you mentioned! (dont know about calls though ... dont get calls that late :D)

swap is ... oh man its best just to google it really :(

but in short: its a linux thingy that lets you swap in and out running applications which is kind of a ram enhancement (the rom is also very smooth without it, but apps in background will get closed earlier)

Edited by elgubbo

Guest Splux
i can not confirm any of the problems you mentioned! (dont know about calls though ... dont get calls that late :D)

swap is ... oh man its best just to google it really :D

but in short: its a linux thingy that lets you swap in and out running applications which is kind of a ram enhancement (the rom is also very smooth without it, but apps in background will get closed earlier)

Anyway, just flashed this thingy...

but...

One thing made me sad: those bastards have deleted like every input language in android keyboard :(

So, Swedish input is gone... that was not really what I expected to be gone xD

And appearently... My lockscreen seems to not be working, soooo, will probably flash CM7 again tomorrow. It's pretty good to have Å, Ä and Ö when I text someone:P

Guest elgubbo
Since WiFi is not working, I guess WiFi tethering does not work either.

BUT as seen on page 2 of this thread wifi can be fixed easily :D (this does not fix wifi tethering!)

also im wondering what about the lockscreen did not work for you ?

Guest Splux
BUT as seen on page 2 of this thread wifi can be fixed easily :D (this does not fix wifi tethering!)

also im wondering what about the lockscreen did not work for you ?

When I press the powerbutton to lock the phone, it only turns off the screen. When I turn on the screen again it goes straight to the homescreen.

But I think it is time for me to reflash the *.bin, lots of stuff that is starting to f*** up now... I guess you can see artists and such thing in music player?

Guest elgubbo
When I press the powerbutton to lock the phone, it only turns off the screen. When I turn on the screen again it goes straight to the homescreen.

But I think it is time for me to reflash the *.bin, lots of stuff that is starting to f*** up now... I guess you can see artists and such thing in music player?

for the lockscreen: you will have to wait 2 seconds or so until it really locks ... i think its on purpose!

yes the music player shows everything...

Guest Splux
for the lockscreen: you will have to wait 2 seconds or so until it really locks ... i think its on purpose!

yes the music player shows everything...

Forgot to mention, I waited for 8 hours while I was asleep, I think that's enough.

I think I have reflashed everything WAY too many times. Things are starting to stop working :D