11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pmcguire

Market doesn't work over 3g with this baseband, how do I get back to the original?

I did the FLASH.bat and it restored everything back to v10b except the baseband.

Edit :- works after a reboot.

Edited by pmcguire

Guest Stefing
Apparently you have reversed a md5 code:

erreurmd5.jpg

Smarflash drivers md5 <> Baseband md5

But in this case, what is the md5 code of Baseband?

I get the same having downloaded smartflashdrivers.zip several times - MD5 = 70ebd70389c0e3011d4d6b4434f8458a using winMd5Sum and mst MD5.

Could you please check, Paul?

Guest Aviatorboy

hello Paul,

sorry for having to come here to ask you once again, but is the MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r25 for the Google Nexus One completely dead?

Since the release of Gingerbread, many people on XDA and over here have been waiting for your kickass ROM's (lets face it nobody does them solid rock as yours)

people at XDA have failed since theirs contains many bugs ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=995445

months ago you stated you were working on it, will it see the light of day?

Regards

hello Paul,

sorry for having to come here to ask you once again, but is the MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r25 for the Google Nexus One completely dead?

Since the release of Gingerbread, many people on XDA and over here have been waiting for your kickass ROM's (lets face it nobody does them solid rock as yours)

people at XDA have failed since theirs contains many bugs ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=995445

months ago you stated you were working on it, will it see the light of day?

Regards

Yes indeed... the scene is such that when new devices land (such as the 2X) the best contribution I can make is to tear them down and make all the tools available for everyone else to do their thang... but after doing that for the 2X my next plan is to revisit my existing ROMs.

I have a r25 port for N1 directory sitting here on my dev machine, I am working on it but other stuff too (as well as actual work). :D

P

Guest Stefing
I'm please to make the latest (*at time of writing) LG 2X baseband release available for your use in SmartFlash format. You can check your current baseband in your device's 'About' page.

I went ahead and gave it a try - I got this error:

00:00.0 Sec :Download Start...

00:02.0 Sec :We can't communicate with specific port

The SmartFlash tool appeared to be polling through 3 ports but I got the error no matter which it was displaying.

Could this because I'm using the version 3.02 LG United Mobile Drivers - do I need to go back to 2.1?

UPDATE: I was using Windows 7 x64, switched to my work laptop which runs XP SP3 using the supplied drivers - all "executed rightly", just running the Nandroid restore...

UPDATEUPDATE: That left the device stuck on the LG screen - trying again on my Windows 7 x64 machine in XP SP2 compatibility mode...

That's also left it stuck on the LG boot screen before the boot animation, the buttons light up when the screen is touched, it's been like that for 5 minutes now...

Booted into recovery, did a full wipe, reapplied the ROM zip, rebooted - all seems okay now! *puzzled but relieved*

Maybe it was a problem with a Nandroid backup? All good now anyway.

According to Quadrant I'm getting a good 2 - 4% performance improvement as well - can a new baseband do that? I though only a kernel could... :D

Edited by Stefing

Guest Stefing
I have a r25 port for N1 directory sitting here on my dev machine, I am working on it but other stuff too (as well as actual work). B)

"Actual work" gets in the way of the more interesting work - as ever! :D

Guest Schmew
worked for me :D

Worked for me also, but i have that annoying LG logo flickering on the background of the homescreen, tried a full wipe but it still shows up :|, since i havnt installed any rom yet besides clockworks what should i do?

Update

Disapeared by itself after a while 0_o

Edited by Schmew

Guest 1nf3rn0

procedure executed without any problems.

Radio, wifi and 3g work without issues.

I hope battery life will benefit from this as many said.

Guest SheapChit

Paul, seems like there is a new baseband out there:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=447

bryant_16:

Hey guys, I have just received a software update via the LG Mobile Software tool.

Now my Baseband version:1035.21_20110405

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9

Build Number: FRG83G

LGE Version: LGP990-V10b

Whats the possibility of getting an update to the baseband file? :)

Guest roakes

I see for the baseband installation instructions that it might wipe the internal SD, are people experiencing this in general? Obviously I will back up the contents just a bit concerned about what will happen when the phone boots up with a wiped internal SD, would it cause any problems until I am able to restore?

Guest MaliciousKen
New version online. Flashing WILL wipe your device, so back up first!

P

Hi Paul, will you posting the 10b rom that comes with the baseband update? Seems like it has got a different .9 kernel .

Guest kruppin
would it not be possible to update baseband without getting WIPED?

Yeah, it would be really nice if we could flash the baseband through CWM, like on HTC for example. But I'm guessing it isn't that easy to go from smartflash format to a recovery-friendly .zip

Guest :: ExTrEmE79 ::

Hi.

I'm a newbie of android.. this is my first first first Android after years of symbian: so , sorry for any stupid question I'll write :)

Actually I've stock terminal (no root, no custom rom, no CW), with baseband 1035.21_20110302, kernel 2.6.32.9 and ROM V10a.

Can I flash the new April baseband over v10a ROM?

There's a way to prevent wiping? Or a way to have back my apps and configuration with a backup..

I'm interested in updating (due to some bugs in the original baseband), but I'm worried about reinstalling all my apps & games..

If I understand correctly.. I need to:

- flash CW recovery

- Get root

- Install Titanium Backup

- Make a full backup.

- flash new baseband

- restore backup

If a "back to stock" is needed for some reasons, I need to have the original baseband and the stock recovery to flash back to the phone.. right?

Sorry.. My english need an upgrade too :) :)

Edited by :: ExTrEmE79 ::

Guest ralli1300

Ok, without knowledge of what was changed I have flashed (Backup with CWM, flash, wipe cache and dalvik, Restore with CWM) successfully.

Looking forward.