Serious Light Leakage at the upper edge of the screen...

Guest Squide

Guest Squide

I'm feeling a bit disappointed with the build quality of the Optimus 2X -__-

Once I start up the phone... I just wonder, if it is the background color or not..

The serious light leakage from the upper edge, especially the top left and right corner..

They show up like two spot lights shining the LG Logo to me...

How about yours? should I return it ? or it is normal ?

Guest Squide
I'm feeling a bit disappointed with the build quality of the Optimus 2X -__-

Once I start up the phone... I just wonder, if it is the background color or not..

The serious light leakage from the upper edge, especially the top left and right corner..

They show up like two spot lights shining the LG Logo to me...

How about yours? should I return it ? or it is normal ?

The background is suppose to be black in color..

but interestingly... both the left and right hand corner of the upper edge show brown in color to me..

I own an Acer Liquid also.. and I have never seen such a serious light leakage...

Guest Squide
for me too...is it normal or should i return?

I got the exact same problem with yours...

while my girl friend's O2X is very nice!

Why ME... -__-

Guest T0yK4T
I got the exact same problem with yours...

while my girl friend's O2X is very nice!

Why ME... -__-

Pretty much no light leakage here, at least none immediately visible.

There may be a tiny amount coming from the bottom of the panel, but that's about it on mine.

Guest Squide
I got two dots also at similar places on the upper side

I have my O2x replaced with the dealer :D

I have tried another 2 devices, in order to get my "almost perfect" one

When I do the screening, I can see there is a huge build quality different in different devices.

I feel shocked, when I compare the screen of these O2x...

View from 45 degree, I can almost tell the panel quality !

Under strong light, you can see the transparent electrode layer on some devices.

While some unlucky devices... under the same environment..

You can't see that layer but only scratches, possibly due to the back side of the Glass is not smooth.

Good Luck guys and hopefully you found your perfect one.

Guest Squide
I have my O2x replaced with the dealer :D

I have tried another 2 devices, in order to get my "almost perfect" one

When I do the screening, I can see there is a huge build quality different in different devices.

I feel shocked, when I compare the screen of these O2x...

View from 45 degree, I can almost tell the panel quality !

Under strong light, you can see the transparent electrode layer on some devices.

While some unlucky devices... under the same environment..

You can't see that layer but only scratches, possibly due to the back side of the Glass is not smooth.

Good Luck guys and hopefully you found your perfect one.

There is a "Screen Test" app from the market can also help a lot for finding minor screen defects.

Guest awf757
for me too...is it normal or should i return?

That's not normal you should return, we have 2 times Optimus 2x speed with great displays and no light leaking...

Cheers,

Guest mrsoko
That's not normal you should return, we have 2 times Optimus 2x speed with great displays and no light leaking...

Cheers,

I have the same problem, and tomorrow I will go into the shop to change it!

Guest kimthepostman

Got mine today with the same exact issue. Backlight bleeding from the both top edges. In addition my screen seems to be brighter from the top to the bottom.

I remeber reading a review:

"All that said, our testing unit had a manufacturing defect that exposed some backlight bleeding at the very top (see image below). We don’t expect retail units to suffer from the same flaw"

Read the full article here: http://www.techalphabet.com/tag/lg-optimus-2x

Seems like alot of people have this backlight bleeding issue on the LG O2X ...

I will return mine and order one from amazon here in Germany. There's some hope left that I can grab a good one :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chong01

I have the problem too, at the top left and right corners. It looks exactly like this vid I found on youtube:

Very disappointing for a flagship device!

Guest JMRoque

I've also detected this light leakage in the left and right top corners but I can only notice them in a black background in a dark room.

Don't know if I will return it or not!

Mike

Guest Khyaris

I have this light leakage too .. I return mine today and I hope my 2nd O2X won't have this issue. What a bad day.

My O2X was ordered in France.

Guest Stefing

If I shield my phone or place it somewhere really dark then I can see it's slightly lighter in the corners, especially at the top, than elsewhere. It's not enough to cause me serious concern though.

Thanks for the tip about the Screen Test app.

Guest Khyaris

2nd 2X received and I have the same problem.Wtf I'm so disappointed of LG they build the iphone's screen but for their own customers that's just bullshit.

I don't know what to do, I won't replace devices during 2 months.. Should I contact LG? Maybe they can help even if in France LG is a joke.

Another bad day, what else.

Guest killer626

I might be completely off on this, but is there any chance this bleeding is temporary?

My o2x screen is perfect, but my friend's had the bleeding on the top two edges. After about a week of use, both look the exact same.

Could it be that the screen needs to be used slightly to "warm it up" or "break it in" or whatever? I realise that seems implausible but after careful inspection, I can tell you that on my friend's o2X, it worked itself out...

EDIT: Btw both French o2Xs, mine from Bouygues Telecom directly, my friend's unsubsidized from HappyPhone.

Edited by killer626