CM7 Development - Needs You!

Guest JayGB1982

Guest Comas

He did not say that you two are doing a poor job, however, the result is there. Here ever put the doubt of not giving the job, but there was a misunderstanding.

Cm is a high level and it brings good and bad in comments. is also good to know that the other side are concerned with helping, and not say it with the intuition that there are those who do not succeed, with over a work element will be more distributed and more time to review the code, and life...

What we know is that every day is evolving very rapidly, and we on this side we have to realize that this is not done from one day to another.

Here is a very special thank you for what they did and will do, not offend.

Guest HCDR.Jacob
I will as soon as things cool down a bit...

Anyway, get the two RIL-related libs from here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1654793 (It's the official telia 2.2 libs)

Then have a look at this commit on my kernel git: https://github.com/kalltkaffe/blade-kernel/...c752c80e55efb3f

That's all you need to get CM7 up and running on Gen2 blades...

Interesting, thanks :D

Guest Rotmann
For now I find CM7 unstable... Constant rebooot issues, radio not working , wifi etc... Surely with the knowledge of Froyo customisation etc these devs could port those findings to Gingerbread?

For me CM7 has been rock stable on OLED and LCD Blades. I think the most users who encounter reboot/freeze problems can't understand that you have to wipe and DO NOT restore system apps or settings with Titanium. If possible don't restore anything with Titanium, let the google OTA restore do it's magic. And I'm not the only one saying that. Wifi works perfect since RC4, fm radio still does not work but it's rubbish anyway, weak sound quality and on 2.2 it drains battery like hell.

I, as one of the people who flashed and tested all CM7 RCs and Ns, can confirm that Tom_G and Jacob are brilliant developers, they have solved most of the problems at lightspeed, CM7 RC4 is to be seen as a day-by-day stable release. Thanks again to the devs :D you rock.

Wifi works perfect since RC4, fm radio still does not work but it's rubbish anyway, weak sound quality and on 2.2 it drains battery like hell.

Wifi isn't really working for me. Neither before RC4 nor beyond. Sometimes reconnection works almost instantly, but most of the time it isn't. So I have to do it manually via energy widget/notification bar. fm radio is indeed utterly useless, either in Froyo custom roms or in cm7.

I, as one of the people who flashed and tested all CM7 RCs and Ns, can confirm that Tom_G and Jacob are brilliant developers, they have solved most of the problems at lightspeed, CM7 RC4 is to be seen as a day-by-day stable release. Thanks again to the devs :D you rock.

+1. You have to remember that porting cm7 onto the Blade has begun merely six weeks ago. Granted, the first RC was a rough start, but now the development of the Blade port almost matches the devices with much more seniority. In this short time span this amount of work getting done by just two people and that young of age is just amazing. The community of Blade users can't thank Tom and Jacob enough for their tremendous effort. So, chapeau to both of you.

Guest Rotmann

Wifi isn't really working for me. Neither before RC4 nor beyond. Sometimes reconnection works almost instantly, but most of the time it isn't.

Did you try Blade Wifi Fix?

Guest JayGB1982

I was sure I replied to this last night? Hope I didn't post in the wrong place / forum lol

Anywho.. I would like to say that my OP perhaps was missworded taken out of context.

All I was looking to achieve was to bring developers together. I understand that fragmentation is a topic which many people have views and opinions on.

One thing which I feel would be an addition to CM7 would be some of kallt_kaffe optimisations.

The first which springs to mind is the performance governor to be loaded on boot then switched to on-demand or smartass once phone has booted?

These are the things which I feel would benefit CM7. Also If other developers joined in the development of the blade port specifically we'd get things done much quicker.

I would still like to see a Kitchen for the blade on 2.3.3 but do realise this may be some time away... Or might just never happen

Lastly thanks to everyone involved both within the CM7 team and everyone else who's provided time and effort into producing ZTE Blade ROM's