Advent Vega now £199

Guest technomonkey

Guest smudgeroo

No, you mustn't.

I bought mine last week from Dixons Travel at Heathrow for £207. I thought that was a bargain. At this price, it's a steal.

And big kudos to all you developers, fiddlers and posters who've made it easy for me to hack my Vega into something very useable.

Guest bazanime
It does!

Seconded. It does work, very well too.

Modaco R8 + Launcher Pro + Flash 10.2 (Market)

Edited by bazanime

Guest CrArC
still £250 at pc world .

it would be my luck for it to down by £50 the week after I get one.

Urgh, this exactly. I just got one a couple of days ago for the full £250.

Guest SAFC1978

If you look, its for the version without flash pre-installed.

I think they just want rid of the Pre official flash stock.

The version with flash is still £250

Guest Tony Williams
It freezes on my Vega, there are a couple of threads about it.

Works fine 99% of the time on my vega, far better having the larger screen.

It does hang very occassionally say once in every 30 or so uses but not enough to be a problem.

Guest peter a
If you look, its for the version without flash pre-installed.

I think they just want rid of the Pre official flash stock.

The version with flash is still £250

Yes , and how many will it take before you remove the stock version and install a custom Rom ?

Guest tronads
It freezes on my Vega, there are a couple of threads about it.

I've had that a couple of times, only after the latest Angry Birds app update though, never happened before that. Ive yet to have any freezes on Angry Birds Rio though.

Interestingly when it does freeze, you can just sit and wait...after a couple of minutes, it resumes playing as normal. Most odd.

To those who just bought one a couple of days ago - did you buy it online? If so you can probably still return it with no questions asked and then order it at the new cheaper price.

Guest Sanddancer75

A great find, I've just mentioned it on a couple of gaming forums that I visit & on my Facebook wall. Hopefully they'll shift a few.

Guest Blasphemous
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/advent-veg...9-dixons/909622

Give it some heat!

Get more people to buy them! :D

Agreed. Heat it up guys. I've just ordered one, was notified by Paul tweeting the price drop. Thank God they have some without Flash pre-installed I say! :D I'm more than willing to take 20 minute out to install flash in order to save 50 quid!

Guest Sanddancer75
Wow - this is great! I hope it attracts many more people to the MoDaCo forums. :D

Probably. I found my way here after picking up an Orange San Francisco listed on HUKD last year. I liked it so much that I ended up with a Vega too. You pretty much have to come here if you own either of those devices.

Guest slightee
Probably. I found my way here after picking up an Orange San Francisco listed on HUKD last year. I liked it so much that I ended up with a Vega too. You pretty much have to come here if you own either of those devices.

Need some help from advent fans. I`ve been asked to buy the Advent vega by another forummer. I want to use it for accessing medical books and other lit. Is the screen quality good?