[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest AntonioPT

There was so many people asking me to give them a CM7 ROM that I decided to make a thread.

First things first, this is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. That means you can't post issues on the CyanogenMod bug tracker, basically you can't call this a true CyanogenMod ROM because it's not official. Of course you can still post issues and bugs here, on this thread.

Secondly, I'd like to thank, obviously, Tom G, because without him we wouldn't have all the wonderful CM ROMs we have today. I am just using his device config to compile CM7, he did the bulk of the work. Thank you in the name of the entire community!

Now let's get to the good stuff.

Download links:

• ROM (2011-04-02): http://www.mediafire.com/?8hm2v4i2wbkuth7
  • Gapps (2011-03-07): http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/...0307-signed.zip
  • DT A2SD: (2.7.5.3 Beta 04): http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtap...ta04-signed.zip
  • Touchpal language (APKs): http://www.mediafire.com/?t2crtueay7d9cue

2011-04-20: Updated CM source (CM 7.0.0 final).

This release should finally fix the Market/APK install bug.

Removed LauncherPro.

Include CMWallpapers and ROM Manager again.

Fixed manual network selection bug (Tom G).

Discontinued Chinese input support.

Discontinued custom DT A2SD and Gapps, now recommended to use "vanilla" DT A2SD and Gapps.

See
    for the full changelog.

How do I install this ROM?

• Download the ROM, Gapps and DT A2SD.
    • Transfer them to your phone's SD card.
    • Using ClockworkMod recovery:
      • Make a nandroid backup.
      • Wipe data / factory reset.
      • Flash the zips (ROM, then Gapps and DT A2SD).

[*]Reboot.

[*]If anything goes wrong, restore the nandroid backup you made.

What do I do after installing it?

[*]Using CyanogenMod Settings, enable OC and enable the "Set on boot" option.

[*]Disabling the window animations/transitions will also make the phone go faster.

[*]Some users have reported that LauncherPro and Zeam Launcher are faster than ADW.Launcher.

[*]Using DT A2SD to store apps and dalvik cache on SD Card will also come with a big performance boost.

[*]Enable swap.

[*]If you want additional touchpal languages (English is included by default), install the APKs.

Don't forget to give some feedback (bugs, opinions, suggestions, issues...). Enjoy :D

Edited by AntonioPT

Guest arlindo.costa

Very Good ROM. CM7 brings a number of interesting funcionalities. Nice work...

Antonio: Any idea why NDRIVE doesn't run on this ROM? Have you been able to use it?

Guest SkroBot

Six people have tested this firmware on u8230 there and agreed that it was very slow for everyday use. Good luck and look forward to revised version.

Edited by SkroBot

Guest tooken

great!

there is some people feel it's working slowly,maybe the egl lib is not suitable? please replace the egl lib with other msm7k rom such as wildfire and change ro.opengles.version=65536,try it?

Edited by tooken

Guest focuzz

Really nice! It works ) Comparing to first builds of Gingerbread it's very fast. It's very important to disable transitions animation. It's really great and hard work! Thank you very much ))) Will write here if any problems apear.

Guest focuzz

Kernel 2.6.29.

CPU: Interface freezes sometimes. 5.04MFLOPS@724Mhz. I can reccomend to set min fq = max fq = 710 (if your device can run at it) in cyanogen mod settings, because slow...

RAM: 103M of 230M is free. possible for 8220 it is horror, but for 8230 it works. So I set VM heap size to 32M.

Camera: doesn't work at all. For some users it matters. After running camera app (even without result) - system runs very slow. reboot.

3G and Wifi: works.

"Rotation bug" persists (rotation sometimes locks in one position until reboot).

Edited by focuzz

Guest focuzz
I found the rom is very slow if you use ADW that it comes with. I've switched to LP plus and it's much faster.

Can confirm visually - launcher pro much faster. but system panel lite says that most cpu time consumption goes from 'system' process.

Guest hunk74

Looks good.

What are the chances of this getting approved by the official CM team without the camera working?

Hope it gets approved though.

Wish someone at HuaWei would leak the source of the drivers though, would make our lives much easier :D

Edited by hunk74

Guest Sh4d0w940

WTH, didn't you read Tom's thread?

He explicitly said he didn't wan't people to make a rom like this.

If you wan't to try it you can build the rom from source.

Since Tom made all this possible and he doesn't accept donations, the least you can you is respect his opinion.

But although he said it a few times it might be possible that you didn't see his posts and just read the requests for the rom.

Please remove the rom and wait till it gets approved or untill Tom releases it.

Sh4d0w940

Hello,

i can't install gaps.

in clockwork recovery i can install it, but when the phone boots up, there are no gaps, no market and no gmail.

I've tried it for 3 times and nothing happend

Edited by zamy

Guest antonioj07

Works perfectly on my TMN A1 (256mb RAM), with OC on, and launcher pro. I don´t miss the camera (i have an iphone 4 too), so i´m very happy with it...it´s not slower than the CyanogenMod Plus ROM i was using before

Guest arlindo.costa
Works perfectly on my TMN A1 (256mb RAM), with OC on, and launcher pro. I don´t miss the camera (i have an iphone 4 too), so i´m very happy with it...it´s not slower than the CyanogenMod Plus ROM i was using before

Is NDRIVE/GPS working well? :D

Guest antonioj07
Is NDRIVE/GPS working well? ;)

i don´t need gps apps, but google maps is working fine, that´s enough for when i don´t have the iphone 4 :D

i´m loving this ROM B)

Guest skitch20

Great news!!!

The only problem keeping me from using it is basically the camera problem, in my case it is very important to have it functional B) Do you have any idea how much time will take to solve it?

Congrats to you all :D

Guest UTOPY

Thank you for this draft android 2.3. Having met your settings rom works well. For me as Android Market will not install or gmail and Google Maps. A2sd not found in the terminal emulator. Would you have an idea? My phone is u8230

Guest focuzz
WTH, didn't you read Tom's thread?

He explicitly said he didn't wan't people to make a rom like this.

If you wan't to try it you can build the rom from source.

Since Tom made all this possible and he doesn't accept donations, the least you can you is respect his opinion.

But although he said it a few times it might be possible that you didn't see his posts and just read the requests for the rom.

Please remove the rom and wait till it gets approved or untill Tom releases it.

Sh4d0w940

See all Tom's posts. First time, he asked to not build, but last post about CM7 is dedicated to AntonioPT and I can suppose that they talked about CM7, before it was released here at forum. It's only my thoughts, so i don't want defend anybody.

Guest Casterina
Thank you for this draft android 2.3. Having met your settings rom works well. For me as Android Market will not install or gmail and Google Maps. A2sd not found in the terminal emulator. Would you have an idea? My phone is u8230

I been getting the a2sd not found issue from when i first started rooting my phone :D