Samsung Galaxy Tab 3G for £299

Guest Rossuk

Guest Rossuk

A certain shop is selling the Samsung Galaxy Tab for £299 and it's a 3G version. I'm just wondering if this is worth it or should I wait for the next gen of tablets to come out?

I've been thinking about buying an internet tablet for a while now and was almost about to buy an Advent Vega for £200 but then the Galaxy Tab dropped to £299, it is £99 more than the Vega but is a much better quality tablet and has a better screen but I'm worried that the 7 inch screen might not be big enough to watch films & tv shows on the go (on trains, cars and just general video viewing).

So does anyone have any experience with watching films on the Galaxy?

Also, with the Advent Vega there are unofficial mods to improve performance and unlock it's capability, is it the same situation with the Galaxy? Would I be able to connect USB devices such as phones/external drives/keyboards/webcams/mice?

And is the single core processor fast enough to watch HD video's and multitask properly without hindering the performance?

Thanks

Edited by Rossuk

Guest steviesteve

Its O2 and the stock is really low. Good luck if you can find one. this is a geniune bargain. They wont replenish the stock when its gone. The marketing dept dont know the 299 offer elsewhere is WiFi only and until they realise, this is a steal. grab it and growl.... grrrr.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dadadude
Its O2 and the stock is really low. Good luck if you can find one. this is a geniune bargain. They wont replenish the stock when its gone. The marketing dept dont know the 299 offer elsewhere is WiFi only and until they realise, this is a steal. grab it and growl.... grrrr.....

O2 online shop has stock WiFi+3G still £299 got mine today next day delivery

EDIT

locked to O2 :-(

Edited by dadadude

Guest rimoth
O2 online shop has stock WiFi+3G still £299 got mine today next day delivery

Amazon is also £299

Woops sorry not 3G

Edited by rimoth

• 5 weeks later...
Guest rameses

I managed to get one from CPW. Only slight annoyance is that it's advertised as having a free upgrade to 32GB. I wrongly assumed that meant a 32gb card was included, but it's not, it's an additional 16gb card, which isn't quite the same, unless theres a way to use both at once. I've not opened the box yet and had a play so I might be missing something obvious.

Guest ernok

Hi

I got one as well £249 for the P1000 3g version in the CPW Clearance, sim free

Like it a lot

Managed to get the "free" stuff worth £200 downloaded loads of free movies, games and books

As its unlocked can use as a wireless access point for up to five devices

Easy to carry around with a decent screen size

If only it had Honeycomb !

Ern

Guest rameses
Hi

I got one as well £249 for the P1000 3g version in the CPW Clearance, sim free

Like it a lot

Managed to get the "free" stuff worth £200 downloaded loads of free movies, games and books

As its unlocked can use as a wireless access point for up to five devices

Easy to carry around with a decent screen size

If only it had Honeycomb !

Ern

Free stuff? What free stuff?

Guest Blasphemous
And make sure you date your purchase correctly !

By that do you mean 'previous' to the 'end of promotion' date? I purchased a Tab from CPW on Thursday (cracking price for a 3G Tab with an extra 16Gb card thrown in). I have registered my Tab on the promotion site and I put in the the actual date of purchase and still received the voucher codes with half an hour.... apart from the Movie codes. The email states that the Movie codes will follow separately though.

Guest ernok
By that do you mean 'previous' to the 'end of promotion' date? I purchased a Tab from CPW on Thursday (cracking price for a 3G Tab with an extra 16Gb card thrown in). I have registered my Tab on the promotion site and I put in the the actual date of purchase and still received the voucher codes with half an hour.... apart from the Movie codes. The email states that the Movie codes will follow separately though.

I put in a date the same as the end promotion date

I got all coded in one mail. The movies code ends last day of May

ern

Guest stoney1973
I managed to get one from CPW. Only slight annoyance is that it's advertised as having a free upgrade to 32GB. I wrongly assumed that meant a 32gb card was included, but it's not, it's an additional 16gb card, which isn't quite the same, unless theres a way to use both at once. I've not opened the box yet and had a play so I might be missing something obvious.

tab has 16BG INTERNAL, with space for an EXTERNAL sdcard. next to the simcard slot there is another slot to insert the 'additional' 16GB sdcard.

Guest rameses

Oh, well that makes sense then. I'd assumes the Tab was similar to most other Android phones and just had the one micro sd card slot and no useful amount of internal RAM.

Guest rameses
I put in a date the same as the end promotion date

I got all coded in one mail. The movies code ends last day of May

ern

Hmm, registered my Tab yesterday and got the game and book codes, but no movies. :D