[SOLVED] LG On-Screen Phone Issue

Guest roakes

Guest roakes

Hey all,

Loving my nice shiny new O2X but having some problems using the LG On-Screen Phone software, the one that lets you control your phone from your PC. I have it all installed and followed the user guide but when I attempt to connect to the phone after putting the password in (still 0000 as default), I press next to connect and can see that it causes the phone to wake up and a screen icon appear in its notification bar but then I get an error on the software saying "An error occurred while creating the OSP window after downloading the skin file from the mobile phone" this messages times out then it shows "Failed to connect to phone" and I'm back to the password screen.

Obviously some communication must be occurring for the phone to wake up and try to start the appropriate app but it just isn't working. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice?

Thanks

Russ

Edited by roakes

Guest ghale

Hello, have you enabled the USB Debug?

Hey all,

Loving my nice shiny new O2X but having some problems using the LG On-Screen Phone software, the one that lets you control your phone from your PC. I have it all installed and followed the user guide but when I attempt to connect to the phone after putting the password in (still 0000 as default), I press next to connect and can see that it causes the phone to wake up and a screen icon appear in its notification bar but then I get an error on the software saying "An error occurred while creating the OSP window after downloading the skin file from the mobile phone" this messages times out then it shows "Failed to connect to phone" and I'm back to the password screen.

Obviously some communication must be occurring for the phone to wake up and try to start the appropriate app but it just isn't working. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice?

Thanks

Russ

Guest ghale

Ok, don't panic :D

Unplug the device, try to reinstall latest drivers, please check in Device Manager (I don't remember the english translation) that you don't have device(s) with the yellow exclamation mark.

Than plug the phone and try again.

Didn't help I'm afraid

Guest ghale

Sorry friend, I've tried to help you!

BTW: any firewall and/or antispam and/or antivirus on the PC is active?

No such luck, the only unrecognised device I have in device manager is a Multimedia Audio Controller
Edited by ghale

Guest Reckoner123

Where is this software, its installed on my phone according to Titanium but I cant see an option for it on the phone or PC suite. =\

Guest Reckoner123
Once you run PC Suite there should be an option somewhere to download it, if I remember correctly it was bottom right

Sorted, reinstalled and it popped up, thanks.

Ive just got it working as well. No need for USB debugging or Storage to be turned on. Dont choose your phone model just leave it set to 'USB'

Guest roakes

Just discovered a log file in My Documents saying this...

13:39:39 - -----------------------

13:39:39 - OSP_ConnectService

13:39:39 - type:1, param:8

13:39:39 - OnOspEvent::OSP_CONTEXT_UPDATE_EVT

13:39:39 - OnOspEvent::OSP_CONTEXT_TYPE_EDIT_MODE

13:39:39 - Edit Mode : True

13:39:39 - OnOspEvent::OSP_CONTEXT_UPDATE_EVT

13:39:40 - OnOspEvent::OSP_AUTHENTICATE_RESULT_EVT

13:39:40 - OnOspEvent::OSP_CONNECTED_EVT

13:39:40 - connect value : 0

13:39:40 - OnOspEvent::OSP_GET_MODEL_EVT

13:39:40 - COSPScreenWnd::ParsingPhoneXML - File not found(\\boxserver\Russell Oakes\LG OSP\Phone_skin\P990\P990.xml)

13:39:40 - OnOspEvent::OSP_FTP_PROGRESS_EVT

13:39:40 - OnOspEvent::OSP_FTP_GET_EVT (SUCCESS!)

13:39:40 - COSPScreenWnd::ParsingPhoneXML - File not found(\\boxserver\Russell Oakes\LG OSP\Phone_skin\P990\P990.xml)

13:39:43 - OnOspEvent::OSP_DISCONNECTED_EVT

13:39:43 - OSP_Connect : Fail

Which would suggest that a file isn't being successfully copied to the PC, could someone upload the contents of their "LG OSP\Phone_skin\P990" folder from My Documents?

Thanks

Guest roakes

Woohooo got it working!

I had to go to /system/media and copy off the file osp_skin_p990.zip to my PC and extract it to the "LG OSP\Phone_skin\P990" folder in My Documents and then it worked!

So it looks like the program was unable to automatically download and extract this file for some reason, just needed a little manual intervention. Strange that it happened on 3 PCs though, which would suggest that maybe the file is located somewhere unexpected on my handset?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ZTE_Blade
Woohooo got it working!

I had to go to /system/media and copy off the file osp_skin_p990.zip to my PC and extract it to the "LG OSP\Phone_skin\P990" folder in My Documents and then it worked!

So it looks like the program was unable to automatically download and extract this file for some reason, just needed a little manual intervention. Strange that it happened on 3 PCs though, which would suggest that maybe the file is located somewhere unexpected on my handset?

Hey, that's great. Thanks a lot for figuring this out! :mellow:

• 2 months later...