* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

yoel740

yoel740

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Paul, i found out facebook and Twitter for LG, it's "SNS.apk", but can't install

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I know it is... i'm confused? It's included if you select it in the kitchen?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
Fr8 online. Enjoy! :D

P

Changelog

6 Apr Fr8
  • Reverted kernel to .9 (browser lagfix)
  • Fixed 'dim screen' in Camera when using auto brightness
  • Disabled menu button unlock in stock unlock screen
  • Includes SQLite performance patch

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
Prebake updated / link fixed!

P

Posted Image

dragnor007

dragnor007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x

Fr8 online. Enjoy! :D

P

Changelog

6 Apr Fr8

• Reverted kernel to .9 (browser lagfix)
  • Fixed 'dim screen' in Camera when using auto brightness
  • Disabled menu button unlock in stock unlock screen
  • Includes SQLite performance patch

Hi Paul, thanks, downloading now.

But have you ever tried to use the headset, that follows with the phone?

I can take the call and hear the other person, but i can't talk back to them. Anyone else have this problem? Had it with both FR6 and FR7.

But again, nice job!!!

Stefing

Stefing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:Optimus 2X & San Francisco
  • Twitter:@Stefing
My best Quadrant benchmark score yet - thank you.
(And screen capture is working again for me!)

Edited by Stefing, 06 April 2011 - 05:43 PM.

9mmBullet

9mmBullet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Paul, do you know where the LG wallpapers are stored, I quite liked the Cityscape one and accidentally swapped it out, and the LG wallpaper gallery has gone from the Stock ROM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
In the LG Launcher. So if you want the wallpapers, you need to include that.

P

Posted Image

9mmBullet

9mmBullet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

In the LG Launcher. So if you want the wallpapers, you need to include that.

P

That reminds me, when can I get access to the Ad Free subscription from the superetrader bundle? I sent the email but I was a bit concerned over the '+' symbol (I don't recall the last time I saw a + in an email address!) and was wondering if it went through or not, no bounce reports or anything from this end though.

[edit]I extracted the apk and grabbed the images, no need for LG bloat here! :D

Edited by 9mmBullet, 06 April 2011 - 08:06 PM.

ryancy

ryancy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
I'm quite tempted to flash this ROM but first, is that a significant improvement/difference over the stock LG ROM?

There are some reports from users that this is more battery draining.

Edited by ryancy, 07 April 2011 - 02:10 AM.

n00bsh1t

n00bsh1t

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

sorry for the n00b question, but what's the meaning of "not odexed"?

n00bsh1t

moonie17

moonie17

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero, LG 2x

I'm quite tempted to flash this ROM but first, is that a significant improvement/difference over the stock LG ROM?

There are some reports from users that this is more battery draining.

I find there are massive speed improvements, and also my battery seems fine?

Just flashed this rom left it bare OC'ed to 1.4 to see what i could achieve :D 4000+!

Attached Files

dhatman

dhatman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:LG P990
Unfortunately this ROM does not work on my device, it settles in an eternal reboot.
However, I am not positive I followed the right procedure.

Is it essential to install the zip via the Update menu in Clockworks Recovery?
Because I can not find the .zip file there.

My phone does not not seem to mount the external SD card to /sdcard/_ExternalSD and all I can find in the Update menu is Update.zip (which can not be run because it can not be found).

I can find the Fr8-vanilla-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-unsigned.zip file in the Install zip menu, when browsing the SDcard, and it seemed to install smoothly from there, however, when I boot up the phone, it comes to the MoDaCo logo and then reboots.

I've tried this twice, using the stock firmware the phone came with, and later the 25-mar-nvflash-stock-rom-release-v10b-dated-1300166062-15-03-2011

I'd love to get Vanilla working on this phone. Please let me know if you want any further information from me.

Thanks,
dhatman

qhyqhy

qhyqhy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
I have the FR8 vanilla edition and I had experiment some trouble since yesterday:

- force close in the gallery

-pig rush don't want to work...I see the main screen during 0.5 second and it disappear

Jay2x

Jay2x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:@YmoreJ

I have the FR8 vanilla edition and I had experiment some trouble since yesterday:

- force close in the gallery

-pig rush don't want to work...I see the main screen during 0.5 second and it disappear

Hi i had the same Problem with a bunch of freezes and radio issues. This is the way i solved it.

Format everything: Internal SD, boot, cache etc. Install Vanilla tadaa working perfectly finen :D

Worked for me.

9mmBullet

9mmBullet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Unfortunately this ROM does not work on my device, it settles in an eternal reboot.
However, I am not positive I followed the right procedure.

Is it essential to install the zip via the Update menu in Clockworks Recovery?
Because I can not find the .zip file there.

My phone does not not seem to mount the external SD card to /sdcard/_ExternalSD and all I can find in the Update menu is Update.zip (which can not be run because it can not be found).

I can find the Fr8-vanilla-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-unsigned.zip file in the Install zip menu, when browsing the SDcard, and it seemed to install smoothly from there, however, when I boot up the phone, it comes to the MoDaCo logo and then reboots.

I've tried this twice, using the stock firmware the phone came with, and later the 25-mar-nvflash-stock-rom-release-v10b-dated-1300166062-15-03-2011

I'd love to get Vanilla working on this phone. Please let me know if you want any further information from me.

Thanks,
dhatman

Make sure you've wiped the cache and internal SD contents (there's two wipe options in the main menu of Clockwork) after you flashed the ROM. Everytime you flash a ROM which is different from your previous ROM (for example, stock to Modaco, or Modaco to Cyanogen) you will need to wipe the contents of your phone. The exceptions are for when the ROM maker explicity tells you to wipe regardless (or not), as is the case with the modaco FR1-FR3 to FR4+ releases (i.e. You must wipe to install FR4+ releases if you came from FR3, but if you were on FR4 previously, a wipe is not necessary).

Obviously make a backup before anything else if you have precious data stored on your phone, or need a quick way to revert the phone to working status if the latest ROM you want to flash is not working.

Edited by 9mmBullet, 08 April 2011 - 09:00 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
Fr10 online! :D

P

Posted Image

kingston11

kingston11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Fr10 online! :D

P

Can you make a Aosp rom, with the gingerbread theme?

dhatman

dhatman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:LG P990

Make sure you've wiped the cache and internal SD contents (there's two wipe options in the main menu of Clockwork) after you flashed the ROM. Everytime you flash a ROM which is different from your previous ROM (for example, stock to Modaco, or Modaco to Cyanogen) you will need to wipe the contents of your phone. The exceptions are for when the ROM maker explicity tells you to wipe regardless (or not), as is the case with the modaco FR1-FR3 to FR4+ releases (i.e. You must wipe to install FR4+ releases if you came from FR3, but if you were on FR4 previously, a wipe is not necessary).

Obviously make a backup before anything else if you have precious data stored on your phone, or need a quick way to revert the phone to working status if the latest ROM you want to flash is not working.

Thank you. I tried a third time, this time formatting all mount point and clearing all caches prior to installation. Success!

This is my first smartphone, or android phone, so I have not tried any other Android devices but I gotta say that that LG's custom android mod is a major impairment from this Vanilla edition. Everything so far works much better and looks much nicer.

Jay2x

Jay2x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:@YmoreJ
Hi Paul i am having some problems with the slide down in Fr10 Vanilla, e.g.: When you have the device connected by USB and slide down you can see the background beneath the USB-Connection option.

Looks like a bug. Thanks!

P.s.: Phone is a lot faster since Fr10,thx!

Edited by Jay2x, 08 April 2011 - 06:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users