Interupted by setBCT, Paul I really need your help

Guest hexid26

Guest hexid26

FIRST

THANKs everybody who love 2X, especially those developer for 2X, just like Paul......

I hope any one who see my post could read it patiently and say something you know about my confusion, I believe your knowledge will help me to figure it out.

BACKGROUND

I'm a 2Xer from HongKong, when i saw the v10b ROM for 2X, i decided to make a v10a package for someone who want to roll back to the stock system.

I've done some preparation work via nvflash: get the stock BCT file, partition table, and images of all partitions except the UDB....

By HASH check, i found that the BCT file between 10a and 10b is different, by which the data in partition 2 is different. The size of some partitions in cfg file is different too.

TEST

1 replace the img in v10b rom package

i replace the system, boot, recovery img with mine. And change the size of DRM partition to 2621440.

In this test everything goes well. And I get a stock 10a 2X.

After a brief test, i'm sure this way is correct, and the partition table is the same.

But the only issue is that, the parition 2 is different with the stock one, it seems generated by the BCT info.

2 replace the img and bct in v10b rom package

Something stop the process. Here is the output:

O:\LG 2X\backup-Origin>.\nvflash.exe --bct backup.bct --setbct --odmdata 0xC8000 --configfile android_fastboot_emmc_full.cfg --create --bl fastboot.bin --go

Nvflash started

rcm version 0X20001

System Information:

chip name: unknown

chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3

chip sku: 0xf

chip uid: 0x0288420943206397

macrovision: disabled

hdcp: enabled

sbk burned: false

dk burned: false

boot device: emmc

operating mode: 3

device config strap: 0

device config fuse: 17

sdram config strap: 0

sending file: backup.bct

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

backup.bct sent successfully

odm data: 0xc8000

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000

sending file: fastboot.bin

/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent

fastboot.bin sent successfully

waiting for bootloader to initialize

bootloader downloaded successfully

setting device: 2 3

creating partition: BCT

creating partition: PT

creating partition: EBT

failed executing command 16 NvError 0x120002

command failure: create failed (bad data)

bootloader status: BCT is full; no more bootloaders can be added (code: 16) message: nverror:0x4 (0x4) flags: 0

MY CONFUSION

Is there some relationship between BCT and config file? I've seen that the BCT file could be built by a offical tool called buildbct. Of course, I don't have it. I only got 2 BCT files, one is in 10b package, and one from my backup(nvflash.exe --getbct --bct backup.bct), and they are really different in HASH check.

Although the TEST 1 is a feasible method to flash stock 10a ROM and there is no superficial difference. But the BCT has gone, in fact it's hardly to discovery and no influence to daily use.

BUT i really want a perfect method, can any one point out the key to write the stock BCT back? Plz help me, I have been interrupted here for 2 days.

Edited by hexid26