SOLVED 2 issues with FR8 - gmail sync and market downloads

Guest Rhysd2

Guest Rhysd2

Hi all

Was getting this with FR7 so wiped and updated to FR8 this morning. two issues really

1. gmail sync. Seems really patchy and slow at times. I sent a email to my gmail 5 minutes ago and its still not showing up on my phone. Shows up if I do a manual sync but only comes through sometimes on auto sync. Tried it on both wifi and regular data and same results. Also if I read a email on the phone or delete one it can take 5 mins or more to show as read/deleted in regular gmail.

2. market downloads. I go into the market and it recognises my apps I've purchased so I click on an app and choose download, but every app gets stuck permanently at the "starting download" phase. Tried leaving it for 30 mins with no joy.

anyone have any ideas?

cheers

Rhys

Edited by Rhysd2

Guest freakonaleash78
Hi all

Was getting this with FR7 so wiped and updated to FR8 this morning. two issues really

1. gmail sync. Seems really patchy and slow at times. I sent a email to my gmail 5 minutes ago and its still not showing up on my phone. Shows up if I do a manual sync but only comes through sometimes on auto sync. Tried it on both wifi and regular data and same results. Also if I read a email on the phone or delete one it can take 5 mins or more to show as read/deleted in regular gmail.

2. market downloads. I go into the market and it recognises my apps I've purchased so I click on an app and choose download, but every app gets stuck permanently at the "starting download" phase. Tried leaving it for 30 mins with no joy.

anyone have any ideas?

cheers

Rhys

reflashing mcr solved the problem for me

Guest Raphaël C

I changed the date two times (the real time and a fake time) and it still dosnt work. Moreover, my bakup files were corrupted and... I paid my phone €480 so I have a strange feeling that we call 'le sum ultime" in french (the ultimate sum) (prononce "the seum" or "the söm"). It is a melting between nervosity, angryness and disapointment. Can you help me to be able to download files from the Android Market ?

UPDATE : I've found a solution to this issue : Call the Doctor (type "Doctor blue box" on the net) and time travel to 2012. Seriously, set a future date and not a past date. A. Market will detect the problem and also fix the download problem.

Now the problem is : I can't connect my phone with the 3G network because when I set up an access point, the phone doesn't want to connect to it and it connect to another access point. I was able to connect correctly my phone to a 3G network before the installation of the ROM. :D

PS: At least do you have a download link for the original ROM from LG ?

Thank you

A man who has the sum. B)

Edited by Raphaël C

Guest PhilNelwyn
I changed the date two times (the real time and a fake time) and it still dosnt work. Moreover, my bakup files were corrupted and... I paid my phone €480 so I have a strange feeling that we call 'le sum ultime" in french (the ultimate sum) (prononce "the seum" or "the söm"). It is a melting between nervosity, angryness and disapointment. Can you help me to be able to download files from the Android Market ?

UPDATE : I've found a solution to this issue : Call the Doctor (type "Doctor blue box" on the net) and time travel to 2012. Seriously, set a future date and not a past date. A. Market will detect the problem and also fix the download problem.

Now the problem is : I can't connect my phone with the 3G network because when I set up an access point, the phone doesn't want to connect to it and it connect to another access point. I was able to connect correctly my phone to a 3G network before the installation of the ROM. :D

PS: At least do you have a download link for the original ROM from LG ?

Thank you

A man who has the sum. B)

We don't really care, but "le sum" in french has the same meaning that "angryness" in english : it means nothing.

You can recover stock rom via NVflash : http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...062-15-03-2011/

By the way, where did you buy your O2X ?

Guest Raphaël C

I bought my O2x on a french website : topachat.com .

Well, thank you very much for your fast answers, but it was just a problem with my provider settings. As we say in french “Ouf...“ - I don't know the equivalent in english :D -

Edited by Raphaël C