[ROM][04/05-2011] TK-ROM v0.7 Vanilla + LG = true

Guest Novek

Guest Novek

Hi all!

This is my mixture of the latest MoDaCo Vanilla ROM (Fr15) (Thanks Paul!).

Ofcourse I don't take any responsibility for your devices... This works with mine, so is should on yours too! Requires full wipe if you come from stock ROM or from Fr3 or earlier releases!

Main features here

The only things removed from Paul's ROM are the prebaked apps + Launcher2 (which you can get elsewhere if needed).

ROM features:

-LG Contacts (Dialer with T9)

-Launcher Pro

-No music control in statusbar

-LG memo+widget (as I use it myself).

-SmartShare

-A custom boot screen (thanks BadBoy)

-Optional overclocking. Set max/min with Pimp my CPU (included) up to 1300MHz. (Thanks Cpasjuste and kholk)!!

-Multilanguage

-LG keyboard

-Gingerbread keyboard

-Android Keyboard

-IO File manager

-Flash player

-ZIP-Aligned

-Battery percentage in statusbar

-Reboot to recovery app (thanks to maxisma!)

-The 20MB RAM MOD from djmcnz

Download TK-ROM v0.7 md5: edce5ea2d8302fbe22cb2827f303942b

Instructions:

1. Install ClockworkMod

2. Download prefered ROM, and place it somewhere on the EXTERNAL SD card

3. Cold boot with pressed power + vol down until "android" in small letters shows. Release buttons.

4. navigate with the vol keys to Install zip from SD card -> choose zip -> navigate to where you put the ROM -> press power button

5. press back then power to reboot

If you appreciate this ROM and wants to donate, please do so to the right guy which also supports a very good cause: Paul! :)

To thank me, please press the "thanks"-button :)

Changelog:

v0.7 - Re-based on Fr15, Updated pimp my cpu to 2.7, updated kernel to 1.5c, new battery% mod+lockscreen color (thanks to gladiamos), LG music and video players to support the Dolby sound, removed the USB debug notification+sound ++

v0.6 - Updated "reboot to recovery"-app, added the 20MB RAM mod, removed touch keys notifications, updated to EP-kernel 1.4, new boot animation, maps with navigation worldwide ++

v0.5.7 - One version (black), updated LP, PMCPU, added reboot/recovery app, added battery percentage in statusbar. 

v0.5.6 - Removed ComfortAA, but added more fonts options. Reverted to flash 10.1 because of faulty install. 

v0.5.5 - Added OI File Manager, ComfortAA font. Upgraded flash to 10.2, and removed LGlauncher and Launcher2 to lighten up the ROM. 

v0.5.1 - Removed gingerbread keyboard due to bug, two versions black/white. The "smartshare" FC has been fixed also.

v0.5 - Updated to Fr12, black statusbar, Pimp my CPU 2.2

v0.4 - Changed OC kernel to kholk's version, updated to Fr11)

v0.3.1 - Updated OC kernel to "bleeding edge", and Pimp my CPU

v0.3 - Updated to Fr10 as base

v0.2 - Updated LED notifications, added statusbar toggles

v0.1oc - Made one version with OC posibilities

v0.1 - initial release

Screens:

screen1.pngscreen2.png

screen3.pngscreen4.png

Edited by Novek

Guest Novek
I am 99% sure, that you don't even know what AOSP means.. This is a vanilla ROM, NOT AOSP.

AOSP is "default android without themes/modofications", in short... So often AOSP and Vanilla practically is the same, but I see your point and now changes it all :)

Guest Piter1225
AOSP is "default android without themes/modofications", in short... So often AOSP and Vanilla practically is the same, but I see your point and now changes it all :)

Not really, maxisma is right.

LG modded Android code so much that this can't be named AOSP, its vanilla Android skin on top of LG's custom Android build.

Guest Novek
Not really, maxisma is right.

LG modded Android code so much that this can't be named AOSP, its vanilla Android skin on top of LG's custom Android build.

Lol... ok, ok... I surrender! :) The ROM is what it is what so ever... Hadn't posted it here if it wasn't for Paul that asked if I could... :)

Guest Piter1225
Lol... ok, ok... I surrender! :) The ROM is what it is what so ever... Hadn't posted it here if it wasn't for Paul that asked if I could... :)

Haha, cool mate :)

Glad you share your ROM, always like to see active members in community.

How much of free RAM does this ROM have after reboot?

Guest Novek
Haha, cool mate :)

Glad you share your ROM, always like to see active members in community.

How much of free RAM does this ROM have after reboot?

Somewhere right above 200mb :)

Guest jchoong

Just flashed this and looking good on first impressions; significant improvement on lag - particularly on Launcher Pro. Will run up and further report. Thanks.

Edited by jchoong

Guest cloogy

Thanks for this beautiful rom ! The best of Vanilla and LG :-)

I had just a problem this morning : I can't booted my phone after a full charge, I was obliged to load the rom again... It was impossible to do a wipe (format) of "/data" because a corruption of the filesystem. Some body else had this problem ? I'm affraid that it will append again.

Thanks.

Guest Novek
Thanks for this beautiful rom ! The best of Vanilla and LG :-)

I had just a problem this morning : I can't booted my phone after a full charge, I was obliged to load the rom again... It was impossible to do a wipe (format) of "/data" because a corruption of the filesystem. Some body else had this problem ? I'm affraid that it will append again.

Thanks.

Hmm.. Not good... Never had that myself (and I'm flashing pretty nasty stuff from time to time), nor heard of others having it..

Hope you'll never see it again :) if not, speak up :)

Guest athanaso77
Some body else had this problem ? I'm affraid that it will append again.

I never had this problem even though i have stressed this rom as much as possible!

Guest Novek
Great ROM but just one suggestion :) Why don't You try adding status bar transparency that's so beautiful :)

That may come in the next release :(

Guest raze19

hello. I'm currently using Fr12 via online kitchen and can literally see my battery draining right after a full charge.

I just got my 2x about 2weeks ago and very new to android. Ive been an apple user since the 1st gen ( yeah. it took me 4 years to jump to the android bandwagon ) Anyway. How is the battery life on this rom?

I also noticed that my screen doesnt lit up whenever I received an SMS (on Fr12 via online kitchen )

Guest Novek

First: 0.6 is up! :)

hello. I'm currently using Fr12 via online kitchen and can literally see my battery draining right after a full charge.

I just got my 2x about 2weeks ago and very new to android. Ive been an apple user since the 1st gen ( yeah. it took me 4 years to jump to the android bandwagon ) Anyway. How is the battery life on this rom?

I also noticed that my screen doesnt lit up whenever I received an SMS (on Fr12 via online kitchen )

The batterylife wont be much better on this than Fr12, since it's built on it.