13 Apr r1: Stock Patch Pack - updated RIL (1301920892)

Guest PaulOBrien

This download is an add-on pack for STOCK ROMs. It should work on all v10 ROMs, but always do a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery first!

This pack updates the RIL library to 1301920892, the version shipped with the 20110405 baseband (it's advisable to update both together).

• DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 43ca2942c66abcd3c3d617ae4fa0d06b

Enjoy! :)

P

Guest aMpeX

so far, most custom roms are based on Pauls MoDaCo releases, so they include the new RIL and users should update the baseband when they use it.

The download above is for users either like me, who use stock with the updated baseband, or who use an earlier version of Pauls custom ROM and wish to manually add the new baseband without upgrading to the lastest version.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Oxtapus

I have attempted to flash this using CWR 3.0.2.8 as I am using baseband 20110405 on CM7 nightly 5, but it errors with Can't open (bad). Anyone have any idea why?

Thanks

Guest Oxtapus
Not a clue, it installed fine for me with the exact same set up.

Corrupt download maybe?

Tried downloading it a couple of times, same result both times. Will try again . . .

Guest Rusty!

Just a final thought, are you trying to flash it via ROM Manager, or booting into recovery and selecting the file for yourself?

Guest Oxtapus
Just a final thought, are you trying to flash it via ROM Manager, or booting into recovery and selecting the file for yourself?

I have tried both, same result both ways.

Guest Oxtapus
I have attempted to flash this using CWR 3.0.2.8 as I am using baseband 20110405 on CM7 nightly 5, but it errors with Can't open (bad). Anyone have any idea why?

Problem sorted! It seems the download was in some way corrupting using the stock browser. I downloaded on PC and copied via USB, then flashed without a problem.

There are reports on XDA that downloading with opera mini will also work (possibly other browsers too?).

Hope this is of use

Edited by Oxtapus

Guest Trym Hansen

I tried this patch on 10B europen open, 0405 baseband. That led to wi-fi not connecting automatically after sleep. I've seen other reports of this problem as well, but not directly related to this patch.

If this patch is part of FR15, well, there's your problem.

::Trym

Guest Oxtapus
Is there a way to tell what version your RIL is already ?

Ooops, misread as baseband. Don't think there is an easy way, no. But if you have baseband 0405 and you're not running a recent MCR version, then you should flash this.

Edited by Oxtapus