A Couple of People have asked me now so here are some more involved instuctions:
1) download the two files from the first post
2) unrar both files to a temporary directory
3) install the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program
4) download this PATCHED exe
(thanks to mrradmir) and place it into the directory you installed MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01
5) run Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program and at the bottom left point it at the location you unrared the larger file
6) remove the usb cable and the battery from your device, wait 10 seconds, put it the battery back in.
7) holding down VOL UP + VOL DOWN press the power button, you will see the power LED flash once
8) now connect the USB cable to your PC
9) using hardware manager find the port for your device and set it in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01's setting (read the DOC file for more info)
10) at the bottom of the application under 'File Information' press SW Directory and browse to the 'V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical)' directory
11) in Action Mode tick the 'Backup NV' box and then Press 'Start All'
12) you should find a file called 'Channel1.nvm' in the program directory, take a copy of that
13) back in Action Mode tick the 'Download' box and Press 'Start All' again
I should mention that using this method, I've managed to get my v9 working again, even tho I screwed it first time around
Some people have reported better results from re-installing a STOCK ROM and then rebooting the device into FTM mode, rather than the method mentioed in step 7... you might want to give that go
Edited by Sebastian404, 16 April 2011 - 09:16 PM.