ZTE V9/Light 2.2 Update now available..

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

I recommend you proceed with care..

Here are the links to download

It will work with ZTE v9 sold in Asia including Australia ( Optus etc ).

Other countries I am not sure. But try it a your own risk, please.

Kindly do not post these files to another web sharing site. Download from these links.

download 1st file

http://www.filesonic.com/file/638267114

download 2nd file

http://www.filesonic.com/file/638425224

If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest wsl2011
Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

Hi, Sebastian404.

Is this one a custom ROM for ZTE V9? The 2 are RAR files, should i enpack them first then copy to SD or directly to SD and install them?

Thanks

Guest Sebastian404
Hi, Sebastian404.

Is this one a custom ROM for ZTE V9? The 2 are RAR files, should i enpack them first then copy to SD or directly to SD and install them?

Thanks

not this is the 'offical' update, your need to run it on your PC. If you unpack the smaller one, it will give you instructions for what you need to do, apparently you can ignore the part where you have to send your code to ZTE and just carry on..

If you are going to try the upgrade, keep an eye on the directory where the files are, around the 10% stage you should see a file called something like channel1.nvm being created... you *NEED* to keep a back up of that.. make sure you copy to your desktop (or other) before the progress gets any futher..

Guest wsl2011

Hi.

Thanks for the tipps. I will try later. But is there any normal Custom ROM for V9? I have one from '3' in Austria. After i rooted and installed ClockWork, everytime i start it, it plays a error message, and i can't download from 'Markt'. Any idea?

I sent it back to service hope can get it back soon!

Thanks

Guest Sebastian404
Hi.

Thanks for the tipps. I will try later. But is there any normal Custom ROM for V9? I have one from '3' in Austria. After i rooted and installed ClockWork, everytime i start it, it plays a error message, and i can't download from 'Markt'. Any idea?

I sent it back to service hope can get it back soon!

Thanks

As far as I know there is only the custom 2.1 rom I made, its linked on the other post in this forum...

When you do get the device back, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you run rom dump on it, http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/ and share the resulting dump with us..

Guest wsl2011

As far as I know there is only the custom 2.1 rom I made, its linked on the other post in this forum...

Could you post the link again?

Thanks

Guest Sebastian404

Could you post the link again?

Thanks

I'm going to create a new version of the ROM and a new thread later today...

Guest Sebastian404

NOTE: Anyone feeling brave, when you install the update, when it gets to around about 10% a file called something like 'channel1.nvm' should appear in the program directory.

you should take a copy of that, and keep it for safe keeping, I have a feeling it get deleted once the update process is over, so make sure to be looking for it...

Guest Sebastian404

A Couple of People have asked me now so here are some more involved instuctions:

1) download the two files from the first post

2) unrar both files to a temporary directory

3) install the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program

4) download this PATCHED exe (thanks to mrradmir) and place it into the directory you installed MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01

5) run Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program and at the bottom left point it at the location you unrared the larger file

6) remove the usb cable and the battery from your device, wait 10 seconds, put it the battery back in.

7) holding down VOL UP + VOL DOWN press the power button, you will see the power LED flash once

8) now connect the USB cable to your PC

9) using hardware manager find the port for your device and set it in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01's setting (read the DOC file for more info)

10) at the bottom of the application under 'File Information' press SW Directory and browse to the 'V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical)' directory

11) in Action Mode tick the 'Backup NV' box and then Press 'Start All'

12) you should find a file called 'Channel1.nvm' in the program directory, take a copy of that

13) back in Action Mode tick the 'Download' box and Press 'Start All' again

14) wait

15) pray

I should mention that using this method, I've managed to get my v9 working again, even tho I screwed it first time around :)

EDIT:

Some people have reported better results from re-installing a STOCK ROM and then rebooting the device into FTM mode, rather than the method mentioed in step 7... you might want to give that go

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

I think I am the only one keeping this thread going, but.

Once you have installed the 2.2 update, androot no longer works, but z4root seems to work fine..

Also I've made a gen2 version of clockworkmod recovery..

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest slapnuts

got it running, damn near scared me to death when it wouldn't come out of ftm mode, but works well now.

let me know if you need that file sebastian.

Guest sane?

You might find an influx soon, Optus have dropped the price to $149 today in Oz.

Of course, what we really want in Honeycomb......

Guest Pegaxs
Of course, what we really want in Honeycomb......

It doesn't have the grunt to run flash or even XviD/DivX files without having to be recoded to a lower bitrate... holding out for 3.0 is a pipe dream and a half.

Anyway, thanks for the info Sebastian... Will give it an install later and try out your clockwork recovery... Just means im going to have to boot back into windows... something im not always fond of :)

Guest wahliow

hey mate Sebastian404

thank you for the tips to use the foryo update. And get it to work.

No shame to ZTE for the slow release of the 2.2 firmware if ever.

cheers.

Once you have installed the 2.2 update, androot no longer works, but z4root seems to work fine..

Also I've made a gen2 version of clockworkmod recovery..

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4

Guest casabonka

Been watching this for a few days, and tried both ways, but not luck at all.

When i run the patch it comes up saying "xcsp_eclib.dll' is missing

Where should I be saving the patch? Also, Im not able to press the super user button as it keeps giving me a key ID to send in?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

*EDIT* OK, so was having a slow moment - upgrading now. wish me luck

Edited by casabonka

Guest casabonka
Been watching this for a few days, and tried both ways, but not luck at all.

When i run the patch it comes up saying "xcsp_eclib.dll' is missing

Where should I be saving the patch? Also, Im not able to press the super user button as it keeps giving me a key ID to send in?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

*EDIT* OK, so was having a slow moment - upgrading now. wish me luck

EDIT NUMBER 2

All done and updated - really simple with the patch. Thanks heaps for the input!

Guest eazye1974
EDIT NUMBER 2

All done and updated - really simple with the patch. Thanks heaps for the input!

Hi guys- Imma total noob here on this trying to flash my Optus Tab to Froyo. Please dont burn me for my ignorance- I just need some helo from you the experts. I did all the steps but after I did the back up NV and did it with download as instructed. It ran but failed with the following promt 'The version is not matching,can not use this software!' could some please tell me what to do next. I noticed someone asked about the patch- when and where, where and what should I do with that? Again I apologise for my noobiness but I sure could do with some experrt advise.

thanks in advance

E

Guest eazye1974
EDIT NUMBER 2

Hi guys- Imma total noob here on this trying to flash my Optus Tab to Froyo. Please dont burn me for my ignorance- I just need some helo from you the experts. I did all the steps but after I did the back up NV and did it with download as instructed. It ran but failed with the following promt 'The version is not matching,can not use this software!' could some please tell me what to do next. I noticed someone asked about the patch- when and where, where and what should I do with that? Again I apologise for my noobiness but I sure could do with some experrt advise.

thanks in advance

E

All done- Done and dusted. Figured it out- Yeah. Loving the update

Edited by eazye1974

Guest Sebastian404

I will do a real post at somepoint soon when I get time... I'm hella busy with work, lots BIG projects going on.... we are out of beta and releasing on time.

But here is my 'custom' ROM:

r2_update_de-branded_blade_gen2-update-signed.zip - MD5: 10b0bae0f834c7010f995c705d64f960

There really was not much to 'fix' from the stock, but I've removed the usual ZTE mess, fixed the wrongly mounted file system, the ADB problems for windows users, updated all the google apps, rooted, added SuperUser, etc, etc..

it will only work on gen2 devices, so updated v9's only.

The quick and dirty install guide:

0) download file and copy to your SD card

1) use z4root to root your device

2) use Recovery Manager to install a gen2 version of clockworkmod recovery

3) reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery

4) install update.zip

5) reboot

6) ...

7) ...

8) profit!