Permanent root for 2.2 Blades!

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest isambard
It's the same su + app that is used but there is of course a difference between just rooting the stock ROM and installing a customized ROM like SS. But from a rooting perspective it's pretty much the same. Swedish Spring also has ro.secure set to 0 which automaticly give you root when using adb so you don't have to use su when working through adb.

But the differences between this and other rooting methods for the blade is this:

Universal Androot - Does not work on 2.2 Blades and unless I remember it wrong it does not survive a reboot.

z4root - Only temporary root works.

z4root (modified for the Blade) - Permanent root works and survives a reboot.

But since many people just root to be able to flash clockwork recovery and install a custom ROM and made an app this weekend that uses the z4root method of getting root access but instead of installing root app + binary it flashes clockwork and reboots: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...testers-needed/

I've never used Universal Androot and am not sure why people still recommend this as a method as it only gives a temp root. Good job on the new tool.

I found the most reliable way is actually to manually root the device using adb and the rageagainstthecage exploit and install su and superuser. Not the easiest, but then again, you only need to do it once.

Edited by isambard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Corran

Big thanks!

Now, if only Kaspersky would allow me to download & use the goddamn file... I HATE KAV! :mellow:

Jävla företagspolicy...

Guest hecatae
Big thanks!

Now, if only Kaspersky would allow me to download & use the goddamn file... I HATE KAV! :mellow:

Jävla företagspolicy...

I connect to this forum on my blade, and download the file to my sdcard downloads folder, I then use a unzip application from the market to unzip it

Guest solidchips

I tried the application on FRY_SFIN_P729B1.0.0B01 stock rom which i downloaded from subestian404 stock roms thread.

Everytime i clicked a button (permanent/temorary root) it FC's.

Edited by solidchips

ok this is strange.I run Z4 which appears to give root as superuser is visible in app draw after reboot,only titanium backup and root explorer cant gain root ?

edit: root checker says,root access not properly configured,

alternate su binary location:/sbin/su:permission denied,

su binary not found in system declared path ?

Edited by Guest

Guest Linuxnizer

I downloaded the file, MSE reports the following:

Category: Exploit

Description: This program is dangerous and exploits the computer on which it is run.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items: 

containerfile:C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\z4root_blade_perm_root_v2.zip

file:C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\z4root_blade_perm_root_v2.zip->z4root_blade_perm_root_v2.apk->res/raw/rageagainstthecage

webfile:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy\{A64647BA-63EC-4A6C-8650-0F1984BCF6B0}-z4root_blade_perm_root_v2.zip|http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=71671

webfile:C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\z4root_blade_perm_root_v2.zip|http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=71671

Get more information about this item online.

More over, my filer won't install apk files :D

Thanks,

Guest trevik

In package with z4root_blade_perm_root_v2 are these .java files:

PhaseRemove.java

Phase2.java

What they are (and these files are necessary) ?Sorry if question is stupid :D

I want root my ZTE Blade (stock play rom 2.1) to run titanium backup and edit system files (change TTL).

Guest Nick_2909
Here's a modified version of z4root where I made some changes to make permanent root work on Blades.

Only tested on official Telia Sonera 2.2 but should work on all 2.2 (and 2.1 Blades).

Included in the zip is the modified z4root app + the only source file I changed.

Original z4root source that was used is the one found here: http://code.google.com/p/z4root/

Instructions

• Install the apk (put on sd-card and use "Filer")
  • Enable "USB debugging"
  • Start app and tell it to do a permanent root.
  • Wait for it to reboot your phone.
  • Have fun!

EDIT 2011-04-16: ver2 attached. This version keeps a copy of the original su and busybox binaries and restores them if you choose to unroot, leaving no visible traces on /system (unless you've modified /system yourself while being rooted)

After successfully flash V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical) into my Optus ZTE V9.

I tried the above steps many times but unable to get my Optus ZTE V9 rooted.

after installed z4root apk into My Tab successully, I run the Z4 application.

It displayed menu which I selected "Permanent Root" option.

It went to the next screen which display "Z4" at the top and message "Running exploit in order to obtain root access..." at the bottom of the screen.

It stays in this screen for hours ...

Please help ....

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest appolus

how do u unroot? u just press the unroot button in z4root or do u need to make other settings in system?

i want to install OneClickRecovery but i guess i need to unroot before installing it, i tried unroot in the app but it still doesn't let me install oneclickrecovery

Edited by appolus

Guest Ancan

Zip is corrupted it seems. QQ

Uhh, it worked when unzipping on the device with the "unzip" app from the market. Neither winrar nor Win7 build in zip would touch it.

Edited by Ancan

Guest hecatae
Zip is corrupted it seems. QQ

Uhh, it worked when unzipping on the device with the "unzip" app from the market. Neither winrar nor Win7 build in zip would touch it.

I think your antivirus is working against the backdoor trojan exploit that is used to root

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest smider

I installed it, ran the application, it rebooted and... no change. Still can't remove the damn custom apps that came with the phone :(

I have the ZTE Blade, got it last week.

<div><br></div><div>Aaahh... Got it</div>

Edited by smider