Permanent root for 2.2 Blades!

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rdhoore108

•Enable "USB debugging" ?

how do i enable this do i do it from my pc or the device itself?

On your phone, you go to Settings > Application Settings > Development and there you tick " Enable "USB debugging".

Guest bhangorix

hi...

Is it possible to unroot after uninstall and then re-install the z4root? 'cause it cost me 25Mb of internal storage(in which i had only 16Mb of it after installation) and cannot be move to sdcard.

thank yo very much...

Guest xedpire

Joined just to say thank you for this. I struggled with rageagainstthecage-arm5 for hours and finally got perma-root using your app. Thanks a lot!

Guest jeorge

Thank's for this

Worked Great for me on-

Stock

UK-orange san francisco / ZTE Blade

Andriod 2.1

Gen 1

B10 firmware

only took a few minutes to root,

Now using Root App Remover v4.4.1 (VIP Version) to remove orange apps,it allows me to put the apps in a recycle bin with the option to restore them,so i can make sure there's no affect on the phone & then permanentley delete them from the recycle bin.

Also needed the permanent root to run ButtonSaviour.app

:D

Edited by jeorge

Guest Androidicus_Bootalot

Ahhmm... first time here, but I got an alert from my anti-virus that there's malware in the file and the .zip file got deleted almost instantly before I could look inside.

Any reason why (I got the latest virus update).

Thanks

Guest Pushpak

Here's a modified version of z4root where I made some changes to make permanent root work on Blades.

Only tested on official Telia Sonera 2.2 but should work on all 2.2 (and 2.1 Blades).

Included in the zip is the modified z4root app + the only source file I changed.

Original z4root source that was used is the one found here: http://code.google.com/p/z4root/

Instructions

• Install the apk (put on sd-card and use "Filer")
  • Enable "USB debugging"
  • Start app and tell it to do a permanent root.
  • Wait for it to reboot your phone.
  • Have fun!

EDIT 2011-04-16: ver2 attached. This version keeps a copy of the original su and busybox binaries and restores them if you choose to unroot, leaving no visible traces on /system (unless you've modified /system yourself while being rooted)

The Zip is different and does not contain the apk file :(

Edited by Pushpak

The Zip is different and does not contain the apk file :(

Are you sure your antivirus is not deleting the .apk ,as the zip definitely contains 3 files ,2 java & 1 .apk. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhmm... first time here, but I got an alert from my anti-virus that there's malware in the file and the .zip file got deleted almost instantly before I could look inside.

Any reason why (I got the latest virus update).

Thanks

Dont worry any program that does what z4root does will always be flagged as a virus or more likely a trojan,just tell your anti virus to ignore it or turn your antivirus off (only if you have to)download it & put it on your sd card.Can you not download it with your phone.If you have anti virus on your phone it will most likely flag it also ,just tell it to ignore it ,Dr Webb flags it but its safe to tell it to ignore it.

Avira antivirus on my pc flags it ,but it is safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a modified version of z4root where I made some changes to make permanent root work on Blades.

Only tested on official Telia Sonera 2.2 but should work on all 2.2 (and 2.1 Blades).

Included in the zip is the modified z4root app + the only source file I changed.

Original z4root source that was used is the one found here: http://code.google.com/p/z4root/

Instructions

• Enable "USB debugging"
  • Have fun!

EDIT 2011-04-16: ver2 attached. This version keeps a copy of the original su and busybox binaries and restores them if you choose to unroot, leaving no visible traces on /system (unless you've modified /system yourself while being rooted)

Your awsome guy :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest v1ctorong

It work for me with the following ROM version:

China Unicom (China): V880

UNI_CN_P729CUV1.0.0B07

ro.build.version.release=2.2

ro.build.date=Tue Nov 16 16:18:16 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=P729CUV1.0.0B07

ro.build.display.id=UNI_CN_V880 1.1

Guest Gerhunt

Hello, I have just tested the permanent root, and it has made a reboot but it seems to be very long, I am still on the Bouygues screen and it seems to do nothing more.

Does the reboot take long ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Matt1234

Sort of worked on my Orange San Francisco, it would temp root but it would not perm root, I lost root after reboot, I tried like 10 times. It's a Gen1 phone. I ended up rooting using SuperOneClick which managed to perm root it

• 2 weeks later...

I am really a beginner and trying to understand something. I managed to do a permanent root using the attached app (also AV gave no warning so its a false positive for some software i assume). My question is if after a permanent root i want to try using Rom Manager , will it retain Root privileges and allow it to flash another room on reboot ?

Guest anandsheik

hi,

i am using dell xcd35 .

after downloading and running the application as shown below , it is showing the message :" applicaton not installed" .

please reply ..

regards

anandsheik

Instructions

• Enable "USB debugging"
  • Have fun!