[ROM] Android 2.2 For Racer Ready

Guest rickywyatt

Guest baskin

Just installed this ROM. Thank you for your good work and your time.

The only problem that i have is that although the greek language is installed, there is no greek keyboard. If it possible to add it i will be grateful.

Keep up the good work.

Guest baskin

I have a very strange issue (maybe someone knows better).

I have successfully installed this ROM on my new ZTE Racer from Cosmote Greece. Everything is running fine until i insert my SIM card. The phone asks for my PIN, it is accepted and immediately it asks again for a "SIM Network Unlock PIN" that is different from the one i know and i have 4 tries.

The issue does not exist as soon as i restore back the official rom (Android 2.1). It happens only with this rom (i haven't tried any other).

It happens also with another sim card from another phone that i own. It seems that the phone is locked to run only with the official ROM.

Is this possible? Is anything i can do for that or i have to go and beat someone that sold me a locked phone?

Edited by baskin

Guest rickywyatt

hi baskin

this id for blade but it works on racer

install this to your phone without the sim card it will give you a

unlock code wite it down then put the sim card back in enter your pin code then enter the

code you wite down

hope this help

Guest baskin
hi baskin

unlock code wite it down then put the sim card back in enter your pin code then enter the

code you wite down

hope this help

Thank you very much for your answer. I have found a site with the unlock codes (by entering the IMEI) and now i'm a happy user of this rom (well not me but my wife).

Thanks again!!!

Edited by baskin

Guest baskin

A minor issue that i'm experiencing is that my wifi connection goes off when the screen turns off. Also it doesn't come back when you open the phone again (the SSID is on disabled status and i have to click connect).

I'm running a Android 2.2 rom on my HTC Magic as well and i have not experience this issue. I'm using the phone with Wifi connection in my home and i want it to be always on. I have checked all the settings but i can not find something (maybe i'm missing something).

Thanks again for the fine work.

Guest Vlatko25
hi baskin

code you wite down

hope this help

Ricky any idea about battery issue?can I do or change that?

Guest dizzy_18

At whom it is observed on last rum from ricky a call when you take the call the first second of conversation the public address system works and then you simply don't hear??? I want to understand, whether in an insertion has put.

Edited by dizzy_18

Guest blacksushi

I've installed this rom but got message "The application Android keyboard (process com.android.Inputmethid.latin) has stopped unexpectedly.

Guest darren2
Ricky any idea about battery issue?can I do or change that?

Try disabling auto-rotation in Display settings, I have had battery problems on a previous ROM and checked battery use with "Spare Parts" from the market. It showed akmd2 using up a lot of the CPU.

Guest caiosilva96

Download link is broken.

And one doubt, have i to flash the update.zip after flashing the Android 2.2.zip???

Edited by caiosilva96

Guest caiosilva96

I'm using this great rom for some days and now i can post my list of BUGS:

1- Is not possible to change music volume with the screen off

2- The illumination of the red and green buttons(they are really red and green? In my cellphone no :S)

3- Once i have recorded a video in custom preset with 640x480 res (it was a good impove) and just after it i clicked at gallery shortcut (in camera app), gallery showed a message of corrupted file and when i returned to camera it was like a unsintonized (this word exists?) TV. I had to delete the recorded file to be able to open Camcorder app again.

4- If you are listening music with earphones and somebody calls you the music won't stop and the ringtone will not play.

5- The 24h clock is like: 00H00, it should be 00:00

6- Google Goggles isn't working

I wish i now how to program android, but i don't now

Thanks

Guest blatny93

Rickywyat, Thanks very much for this rom. I've gone through a very steep and rapid learning curve with android but being an old symbian (and xbox - anyone got a cross over cabal - I buggered mine in a drunken fit last night) hacker, I wasn't to afraid. A couple of panics but a search or on Google got me back. Now everything is working perfectly. I've just put on the swap - does anyone remember the command to specify the swappiness - I've forgotten - I know its something like echo 30 (or whatever) > proc/ blah blah but what? Thanks again Ricky wherever you've disappeared to. I wish I could donate but I'm as poor (and mean!) as an android church mouse - hence, the ZTE Racer!

Guest blatny93

But - BUT - your root is not working - although I can access the system files they prove to be read only - why is that?

Guest blatny93
But - BUT - your root is not working - although I can access the system files they prove to be read only - why is that?

Ghost Commander can't see the sdcard?

Guest blatny93

For instance, I couldn't overwrite the bootimage - even though I had alleged root access it kept saying it was read-only? So in the end, I just replaced it in the update.zip and reflashed - but this root business might become a real problem? I thought maybe I'd overwritten the 'root' exploit by accidently reinstalling universal androot but that proved not to be the case. How much access does your rout give one?

Guest darren2

Try using Root Explorer, it comes with the ROM. Or try Super Manager from the Android Market.

Guest blatny93

By the way, how many times should one, can one reflash? I've heard that flash drives are not very tolerant as far as rewrites are concerned? a 1000 times? Can anyone enlighten me here?

Sorry for writing so much tosh but this is a kind of virgin experience! I'll shut up now!

Guest blatny93
Try using Root Explorer, it comes with the ROM. Or try Super Manager from the Android Market.

Thanks, but I tried root explorer - no look - it also said 'read-only'. Super manager? I'll try that. But everything is perfect now - so no worries (except for this worry about root - is it possible that only bootimage was 'read-only?)