Problem with Recovery

Guest nofx1984

Guest nofx1984

Hi everybody, I'm Bob and I just bought a ZTE Balde Gen2 from Finland.

This is my first Android.

I tried to flash it and install CM7 via ROM Manager app from the Market.

Everything seemed gone fine, but whlie rebooting to Recovery mode it sort of freezed on the operator logo screen. I waited for some 30 minutes and nothing happened, so I decided to remove the battery to reboot it, since the power button didn't work.

I powered it on and everything was fine. My apps, my accounts and my setting where still there. Nothing was done to it.

Having failed that first attempt I decided to wipe it in order to flash it again, so I went to Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset. I followed the instructions and the warnings on the screen and it booted back freezing again.

Now: every time i try to get into Recovery mode it stucks on the finnish operator logo and doesn't wipe it or recover it.

Anyone has any suggestion on what to do? Is there a way to recover it from pc/usb? Something like the "restore button" in itunes to restore the iphone?

Thanx!

Guest CRIS.F.7
Hi everybody, I'm Bob and I just bought a ZTE Balde Gen2 from Finland.

This is my first Android.

I tried to flash it and install CM7 via ROM Manager app from the Market.

Everything seemed gone fine, but whlie rebooting to Recovery mode it sort of freezed on the operator logo screen. I waited for some 30 minutes and nothing happened, so I decided to remove the battery to reboot it, since the power button didn't work.

I powered it on and everything was fine. My apps, my accounts and my setting where still there. Nothing was done to it.

Having failed that first attempt I decided to wipe it in order to flash it again, so I went to Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset. I followed the instructions and the warnings on the screen and it booted back freezing again.

Now: every time i try to get into Recovery mode it stucks on the finnish operator logo and doesn't wipe it or recover it.

Anyone has any suggestion on what to do? Is there a way to recover it from pc/usb? Something like the "restore button" in itunes to restore the iphone?

Thanx!

Can you get into phone mode? i.e just turn it on fine ignoring recovery mode.

Guest nofx1984
Can you get into phone mode? i.e just turn it on fine ignoring recovery mode.

Yes! If it freezes I simply take out the battery and turn it on again. Everything is in the same place except for some apps... But accounts and data are still there...

Guest CRIS.F.7
Yes! If it freezes I simply take out the battery and turn it on again. Everything is in the same place except for some apps... But accounts and data are still there...

My advice (not an android genius btw) would be to back up as much as you can via you google account (contacts calendar etc) and apps if you want (via an app called titanium backup).

Then ignore the fact you've tried to use clockwork all ready etc and follow stevens great guide from beginning to end:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...or-gen2-device/

Guest nofx1984
My advice (not an android genius btw) would be to back up as much as you can via you google account (contacts calendar etc) and apps if you want (via an app called titanium backup).

Then ignore the fact you've tried to use clockwork all ready etc and follow stevens great guide from beginning to end:

Already backed up everything even before starting to flash.

I used ROM Manager simply because i couldn't follow that guide:

- On step 1, if i click on ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b, download RecoveryManager_v0.36b.zip and extract the zip file i get a folder, not an .apk file, so i can't install it from the file manager...

Guest CRIS.F.7

- On step 1, if i click on ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b, download RecoveryManager_v0.36b.zip and extract the zip file i get a folder, not an .apk file, so i can't install it from the file manager...

You do not extract it from its zip file. you leave it as it is if i remember correctly.......

Guest jeddy1

extract it ! it is an .apk

Guest CRIS.F.7

Right had a quick look and do as the guide says its, relatively easy but i did see that there is no video for gen 2.

Watch this video through to get an idea of how its done,

its from the gen 1 guide so be careful to use it as help but still use the files from the gen 2 guide i posted above, if you use the exact files used in the video for a GEN1, one of them may brick your phone.

Hope this helps. Don't worry i had a bit of trouble the first time i tried a new ROM, and it got sorted, and it all seems easy now :)

Guest nofx1984
You do not extract it from its zip file. you leave it as it is if i remember correctly.......

If I leave it as a zip file and try to open it with Astro FM it says "Error, the file could not be loaded"... Same thing with Filer...

Guest CRIS.F.7
If I leave it as a zip file and try to open it with Astro FM it says "Error, the file could not be loaded"... Same thing with Filer...

Yeah...... sorry about that had a look back and it should be a apk inside. Just did it myself and got the apk out fine. I would upload it here for you but the forum does not allow the upload of apks. What are you using to unpack the zip?

Guest nofx1984
Yeah...... sorry about that had a look back and it should be a apk inside. Just did it myself and got the apk out fine. I would upload it here for you but the forum does not allow the upload of apks. What are you using to unpack the zip?

NP, i changed extractor and it turned out an apk file!

Right, i followed the guide, but i got stuck when tryng to install the firmware; first of all, when i install the recovery a tab appears on the bottom of the page saying " Unrecognized"... Then, when i hit install firmware an error tab appears saying that i need to install a custom recovery before i can install a new firmware...

Guest CRIS.F.7
NP, i changed extractor and it turned out an apk file!

Right, i followed the guide, but i got stuck when tryng to install the firmware; first of all, when i install the recovery a tab appears on the bottom of the page saying " Unrecognized"... Then, when i hit install firmware an error tab appears saying that i need to install a custom recovery before i can install a new firmware...

Ah, had this problem myself, the unrecognised thing is due to the need to update the records in the recovery manager, click the menu button and choose the update option, once you've done this try again with installing the recovery clockwork instead of unrecognised it should say clockworkmod etc in the same small black box at the bottom

Guest nofx1984
Ah, had this problem myself, the unrecognised thing is due to the need to update the records in the recovery manager, click the menu button and choose the update option, once you've done this try again with installing the recovery clockwork instead of unrecognised it should say clockworkmod etc in the same small black box at the bottom

I've updated the db on first try. Done it again and still says Unrecognized...

Guest CRIS.F.7
I've updated the db on first try. Done it again and still says Unrecognized...

I'm sorry to hear this, I can only take you this far, I'm a gen 1 blade so can't go through it myself to check.

I can only point you in the direction of the guide i posted before, many people get answers from steven himself and there seems to be a chat on there mirroring the problem you have with a solution floating in there aswell :)

Scroll down past the guide for the chat.......

Guest nofx1984
I'm sorry to hear this, I can only take you this far, I'm a gen 1 blade so can't go through it myself to check.

I can only point you in the direction of the guide i posted before, many people get answers from steven himself and there seems to be a chat on there mirroring the problem you have with a solution floating in there aswell :)

Scroll down past the guide for the chat.......

Thanks anyway. Posted a reply in that thread too...

Guest Sebastian404

If your sure you have installed a recovery, you can allways select the 'reboot into recovery' option, and install the update manualy......

its a bit more involved, but using the vol up & down. and home, select.. 'install zip from sdcard', then 'choose zip from sdcard', then pick the file you want to install,then pick Yes.... once it's done press back a few times till you get to the first screen and select 'reboot system now'

Guest nofx1984
If your sure you have installed a recovery, you can allways select the 'reboot into recovery' option, and install the update manualy......

its a bit more involved, but using the vol up & down. and home, select.. 'install zip from sdcard', then 'choose zip from sdcard', then pick the file you want to install,then pick Yes.... once it's done press back a few times till you get to the first screen and select 'reboot system now'

I tried installing the Swedish Spring RLS4 deskclock, i hit "reboot system now" and everything went fine. Except when i checked under "about phone" it was still on 2.2. I'll try with the CM7...

EDIT: On second thought I'll skip the CM7, it seems complicated... :) What's the latest rom before the CM7? (Blade gen2)

Edited by nofx1984

Guest nofx1984

Done! I tried with the plain SSRLS4 (not the deskclock vers), rebooted in manual mode and installed it! Everything went fine and now it's installed! Plainly, the problem of the failed recovery was resolved by wiping the phone directly from Recovery Manager. Once done that i still couldn't load correcltly the clockwork and stil was on "Unrecognised", but it worked out fine anyway.

Thanks for your help!